a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Americans and Canadians travelling to Europe

IrishHermit

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
This is an FYI for Canadians and Americans planning to travel to France this year. It seems as if they will need a special visa to enter the Schengen area. I'm not sure how this will affect potential recruits who have a checkered background.

Visa waiver for Americans
Visa waiver for Canadians

Bon courage mes amis,
Tom

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Very useful. ..might i add
It would be wise to take out a health insurance for the travel (Legion or not) You just never know what can happen when going into the un known

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Has been reported here (in France) that the Québec province is not renewing visas of French citizens living there... Is this true ? Have lots of family in Canada btw.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
This is an FYI for Canadians and Americans planning to travel to France this year. It seems as if they will need a special visa to enter the Schengen area. I'm not sure how this will affect potential recruits who have a checkered background. (...)
From what I can guess, it looks similar to the visa waiver program the USA have put in place several years back.