a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An author in waiting.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Tried to join last year. but technical issues knocked me back. However am here now. Firstly thanks to Joseph Cosgrove who was able to give me some help. Re registered as Trident and all is going well.
a former serviceman with the British Army and fast approaching retirement but using my time productively to indulge myself instead of others by writing, had limited interest in my first effort, used it as a learning experience and now I am off again.

The outline idea being two brothers, orphans, one enlists in the Royal Marines, the other is denied entry because of a criminal record. He decides to join the FFL 10 years service and is due to be discharged, the brother a sergeant recently discharged is working in Brazil for a "Merchant Banker" not a play on words. The protagonist is due to join his brother in Brazil and should be happy days , Beer pussy and money etc , etc .

Anyway the Royal gets Murdered just before he is due to arrive in Brazil, apologies for any Royals who may be reading, so the brother is off. Brazilian Albanian and some Turkish villain's, A federal tax inspector with tits and a gun, Drugs Bodies Money and Sex, technical stuff, computers, mobile phones, and assorted weaponry ,

Why did I chose a Legionnaire as the protagonist I hear you shout. Pause for effect. Once again and in unison please. Why chose a Legionnaire as the protagonist.

Glad you asked. search the internet for books "military thrillers" First in the que are the Hereford hero's written by people sitting in the boat shed near the Hereford Canoeing Club with F A knowledge or experience, and often badly researched.
Then the SEALS and DELTA with the Americans all wanting to save the world by killing every other living soul walking the planet, normally with their bare hands, stereo typically Chuck Norris, Stephen Segall etc not forgetting the small armory hidden in the secret cupboard, at the back of wardrobe that has never been discovered and not forgetting the bundles of money contained therein.

Ok cynical head off. The FFL recruits globally therefore a mix of cultures languages and characters, once discharged, they often find their way into other countries ( look at some of the places of origin and place of residence on this site) an ideal premise for a network of contacts, the sense of loyalty and comradery to each other, and it is also a good basis for a series.

So why am I here?
I want the story line to be as accurate as possible regarding the FFL its language, names acronyms equipment and skill sets, that and the psychological mindset of the loyalty that seems to permeate throughout the legion.

Bottom line its also accuracy and attention to detail.

if you have any questions please ask.

Regards Steve

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Anyway the Royal gets Murdered just before he is due to arrive in Brazil, apologies for any Royals who may be reading, so the brother is off. Brazilian Albanian and some Turkish villain's, A federal tax inspector with tits and a gun, Drugs Bodies Money and Sex, technical stuff, computers, mobile phones, and assorted weaponry ,
Can you give us more details on this?
It would nice if you include some Serbian brother(s) in this story line. If possible not to be bad guys because that is already too worn out in last 2-3 decades.
If you write about cocaine going to Europe from S. America you have to include Serbs because we were one of major players I last years. I can find you few articles on this.
Hmm, drug dealers-good guys? Not easy task, but feasible. Also you would avoid stereotypes.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia

They say about him that he is one of nicest guys you met. :).

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Can you give us more details on this?
It would nice if you include some Serbian brother(s) in this story line. If possible not to be bad guys because that is already too worn out in last 2-3 decades.
If you write about cocaine going to Europe from S. America you have to include Serbs because we were one of major players I last years. I can find you few articles on this.
Hmm, drug dealers-good guys? Not easy task, but feasible. Also you would avoid stereotypes.
Thanks for the comment don't want to disclose to much but bad guys are Brazilian and as you know the FFL has a presence in Guyana. The mystery now deepensšŸ„ø

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom

They say about him that he is one of nicest guys you met. :).
Thanks dusaboss as I am hoping to develop a series all ideas go in the bank will have a look later šŸ˜€