a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another pic of a legionniare

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Don't agree on a lot of what he says Nick, neither do a lot of people agree on what I post. But it still baffles me the man going again for a third time and all we Greens get are excuses" Its Time to put up or shut up". He can keep procrastinating all he likes he like everybody else has to take the bull by the horns and knock at the door.

To quote a friend of mine When I was in sales I had to knock on hundreds of doors just to make a living, Then my mind-set changed I knocked on the door of opportunity and made a fortune.!!!!!!!

As far as I know he was finishing up all his studies this summer and so had a very valid reason to still be here. The man got out of prison, spent time on the streets, got himself off the streets and into school and with a useful degree. I'd call that pretty good and a solid excuse for not having gone just yet. He's got a ticket with his name on it and will be knocking a third time, you can count on it. Then again he's already been twice, the only man he has to answer to is himself in my book.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Thank you Martin and Nick of course.
Yes, Martin, i have been twice already. I put off going back the third time because I had to finish my degree and DID. I didnt bail out half way through, i finished up like a man. I committed to it and I seen it all the way through. As i said, the people who got my PM know when My flight leaves, even you do Martin..
I didnt BREAK my contract with myself or the college. I seen it through and DID IT and earned my degree. Just like any man signs on for 5 years legion, SEES it through. Not desert or anything else. I did the honorable thing, IEFFING FINISHED. I have to finish up my last of my NASM to get that degree, too. Arming myself to the teeth first. Nothing wrong with a man who commits and see it all the way through. I am creating the best opportunities and chances. I am not dreaming about anything. As I mentioned, i already have been to selection twice. More then most these guys on here, but you know what?. That isnt my life or problem. I am responsible for me and me only.
I didnt just up and leave my commitment to myself. I honored it. Idid my prison time, which was a legion contract in terms of years and i also hit the ground running and got a degree upon my release. Nothing wrong with a man honoring his word. Thats what I have done. I have done the putting up. Lets not begin to call out those who have been on here saying they want to join and havent even gone for a first attempt. Lets stay on point. It started as a simple thread about a tattoo.

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Holy ****, I feel like it is the View in this place sometimes. So dramatic.

666 you got my number mate, keep me updated man. I am still doing what needs to be done every day. Hopefully we can get some tats in France one day bro. :)

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Thank you Martin and Nick of course.
Yes, Martin, i have been twice already. I put off going back the third time because I had to finish my degree and DID. I didnt bail out half way through, i finished up like a man. I committed to it and I seen it all the way through. As i said, the people who got my PM know when My flight leaves, even you do Martin..
I didnt BREAK my contract with myself or the college. I seen it through and DID IT and earned my degree. Just like any man signs on for 5 years legion, SEES it through. Not desert or anything else. I did the honorable thing, IEFFING FINISHED. I have to finish up my last of my NASM to get that degree, too. Arming myself to the teeth first. Nothing wrong with a man who commits and see it all the way through. I am creating the best opportunities and chances. I am not dreaming about anything. As I mentioned, i already have been to selection twice. More then most these guys on here, but you know what?. That isnt my life or problem. I am responsible for me and me only.
I didnt just up and leave my commitment to myself. I honored it. Idid my prison time, which was a legion contract in terms of years and i also hit the ground running and got a degree upon my release. Nothing wrong with a man honoring his word. Thats what I have done. I have done the putting up. Lets not begin to call out those who have been on here saying they want to join and havent even gone for a first attempt. Lets stay on point. It started as a simple thread about a tattoo.

On that note all I can say is good luck

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
DCLXVI,

Go for it; Remain a hard charger.

Good luck.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Mark, Chas,

Absolutely! I will do my absolute best and be sure to know that I will let all know either way, when the time comes. I won't let the board know when I go, fly out, but I will PM those who should be in the know, Mark, you are on that list now as well as Chas. The rest of you already know or will know.
Thank you once more!

Determined

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Interesting story DC. Way to turn around a tough situation.

Very best of luck when you go.

Redfox9

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
IMO it looks ridiculous. The caption of the photo should read "Emo Legionnaire"

Not the worst tattoo I've seen on a soldier though. I saw a Canadian with "I'm Kind of a Big Deal" tattooed on his neck. I'm sure it had no bearing on how he merited in the eyes of the Company Sergeant Major :rolleyes:

Yes, I've absolutely seen terrible and stupid tattoos on soldiers too... My favourite was a female with tweety bird on the left side of her neck with musical notes going up behind her ear, and on the right side of her neck was a map of Hawaii. Luckily the army has tightened the regs on dumb tats since then.

That being said, militaries are some of the finest places on earth to find great works of body art....

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
666, let luck be with you and enable you to get into the place you most desire to reach

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hey boys, let's keep to the topic and how about being civil, failing that, take it to PMs.

Nicely said Steve, we should all avoid any low jabs. I know that 666 has completed his degree and have had a few PMs from him in the past. He's sound as far as I'm concerned. I would suggest though that if you've got something bad to say, don't PM it, there's no need. If you don't like a guy and don't like what he posts than don't read. And leave it at that. Me, as soon as I see some post by certain members, I read them instantly, because I know that they are interesting or funny or just worth the read regardless of the topic.

Cpl K

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Reaction score
What a weird post all of this because of a photo of a tattoo. I've read all of your comments and wow, I have known "DCLXVI" for a very long time. I have took him to the legion gates and would do so again. I drove about 8 hours once to help him, why ? Because this guy is a mate and is determined. He deserves to get into the legion, and I hope that he does.......

Concerning tattoos we all have our reasons, when I was in the legion I had 2 small legion tattoos and when I left I got them covered up.

Good luck bro.

Cpl K....

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Personally I don't get the tear drop tattoos either. I can't look at them without thinking harlequins. To each his own.
Tear drops tatoos were originaly done by other prisoners to some one who, raped or murdered a child