a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appealing “Inapte définitif”

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Maybe it's because he mentioned that he was AWOL..but did he do the Gestapo interview without passing the Fitness test? If so,it's very interesting.
I asked about Fitness Tests he said none. Said he was questioned a lot. Was in 99 when I spoke to him. Remember this because my father passed away just after this. Also said he got a slap in the face when there.

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
So I guess if you got sent home in Aubagne,you didn't stand a chance to ever go back to the Legion,no possibility to write to the General..but I think your mate didn't even consider going back after he got slapped in the face lol . :)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
So I guess if you got sent home in Aubagne,you didn't stand a chance to ever go back to the Legion,no possibility to write to the General..but I think your mate didn't even consider going back after he got slapped in the face lol . :)
Well I was in School with his Brother but knew him too. He was always Fighting especially with alcohol. Friendly to me but was quite a hard little guy. Met him in the Pub when we spoke. So had a few Drinks together. He just laughed about it.

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Well I was in School with his Brother but knew him too. He was always Fighting especially with alcohol. Friendly to me but was quite a hard little guy. Met him in the Pub when we spoke. So had a few Drinks together. He just laughed about it.
Nice one...at least he had a good experience,and maybe found hapiness in the 'civil' life afterwards .

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Back in the day....you could of been a whit less lump of shite. .à thieving non trust worthy son of a bitch. ..a pédophilie alcholic or just a junky low life no gooder. .and you could find your spot amongst us
Not the case today. ...7 pull ups or fuck off
The message is clear. ..able or not / 7 pull ups. ...you know. ..Yes you do
Hate being talked about always have! - the reference to being a nonce! 🤔

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I thought they had us do some run test at some point but most of all I remember guys getting a hair cut (zero) then getting fucked off, and a lift to the train station. Lot of picking dog ends up and being bored I did 13 odd week waiting to get passed even to the stage of saying to the Gestapo if you don’t want me let me go as I may as well go and do my bird back home! Bet they wished they had took offer up 😀

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
yes...LOL. But not just in the Legion, remember we had a Pakistani Guy who was Always falling back on webbing runs & on one run me & another guy were dragging him along. someone else had his webbing so he had no weight to carry as in the Video above. The Sergeant we had told us to drop him & he then started to kick the shit out the guy. Threw him in the back of a Land rover & we never saw him again. so i can imagine the Legion was much tougher in the 70s & 80s. Of Course the recruits now are different & have to learn more technical stuff. Maybe they are Looking for a % to be more intelligent. the Need Clerks % People like that too.

Must have given the right answers. Still makes you think though.

In 1950s we had the occasional death in training. As a recruit I witnessed and rapidly noted what happened 'Recruit Paddy Linton' who dropped out on a speed march. Checking that it was LMF (Lack of moral fibre) and not heat exhaustion our Sgt proceeded to kick him the shit out of him and bawling at him and casting aspersions as to his birth. For other infringements you could be offered the chance of taking an NCOs' summary justice ( badge of rank taken off) or be put on a charge recorded in your pay book. Most of us chanced having the shit kicked out of us, so not to blot our copy books. You would not get away with it in current times. As for Paddy, well I never saw him again. We were trained with ferocity. NB. In 1956 the RMs' considered the FFL to be the most battle hardened troops in the world.

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
In 1950s we had the occasional death in training. As a recruit I witnessed and rapidly noted what happened 'Recruit Paddy Linton' who dropped out on a speed march. Checking that it was LMF (Lack of moral fibre) and not heat exhaustion our Sgt proceeded to kick him the shit out of him and bawling at him and casting aspersions as to his birth. For other infringements you could be offered the chance of taking an NCOs' summary justice ( badge of rank taken off) or be put on a charge recorded in your pay book. Most of us chanced having the shit kicked out of us, so not to blot our copy books. You would not get away with it in current times. As for Paddy, well I never saw him again. We were trained with ferocity. NB. In 1956 the RMs' considered the FFL to be the most battle hardened troops in the world.
Did you have any romanian camarades back then?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
was Always told the Israeli army. apples & oranges really.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I thought they had us do some run test at some point but most of all I remember guys getting a hair cut (zero) then getting fucked off, and a lift to the train station. Lot of picking dog ends up and being bored I did 13 odd week waiting to get passed even to the stage of saying to the Gestapo if you don’t want me let me go as I may as well go and do my bird back home! Bet they wished they had took offer up 😀
There ya go Bud....:)
argyll.jpg

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Indo China- Algeria-Comment made during Operation Musketeer. Prior to that Legion in WW2.
yes very impressive, Jonny must have seen some serious Action in his time. Here is a good Book i got from a guy i knew in the Army who used it to get in shape for his PTI Course. I like Boxing circuits. The Workouts work you up to a very good Standard . Circuits with everything you Need, Sprints, running circuits very good stuff. Rope climbing, chins what all the Young guys will Need on here for Legion selection.

Robib Eggar & Dieter Loraine (ExRoyal Marines)
ISBN 0-09-181329-8

Scan_20180709 (3).jpg

Last edited:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
FAO, wannabe es, how many commission's do you need to tell you,that you are a worthless piece of shite ?
Face facts and do not let your disapointment interfiere with your hi score on, PSP, XBOX or Sonyo 4. ..
No match tonight. .so,fucque you

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Didnt understand a word of it (so may have missed something) but in the case of the very very fit young black guy that didnt make rouge. Just goes to show maybe being the fittest there isnt all its cracked up to be? And i thought it was only the UK who enjoyed sticking the biggest prick of a scotsman on tv😂europe must enjoy having a laugh at our expense also.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
You can train somebody to become super fit. But its very difficult to untrain an asshole. As long as your in a good physical shape thats what counts, as Joe used to sometimes say, don't peak to soon.