Are potential legionnaires walking up to the gates somewhat of a tourist attraction?

kkillert0fu

Ratings
13 1
Home Country
United States
Just shooting the shit here. Standing there, as a tourist, looking at the gates of Fort de Nogent, simply out of one's own curiosity. Out of nowhere, up comes this lone male, aged 20-40, with a bag on his shoulder. He looks to you, nods, and continues walking toward the gates, to then be greeted by the Legion guard, and allowed in.
I can imagine that might be quite a sight to see, at least for somebody who is aware of the Legion and what it is. Is that such a daily occurrence that a tourist can actually see that happen?

Ratings
Home Country
United States
Just shooting the shit here. Standing there, as a tourist, looking at the gates of Fort de Nogent, simply out of one's own curiosity. Out of nowhere, up comes this lone male, aged 20-40, with a bag on his shoulder. He looks to you, nods, and continues walking toward the gates, to then be greeted by the Legion guard, and allowed in.
I can imagine that might be quite a sight to see, at least for somebody who is aware of the Legion and what it is. Is that such a daily occurrence that a tourist can actually see that happen?
Dunno about daily, but you can see 3 EVs at the gate on Google street view (Aug 2015 image).

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
937 4 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Wise up kkiller. Do you think that FdN is between the Eiffel tower and the Louvre museum?

SnafuSmite

Ratings
314 4
Home Country
South Africa
Well... Judging by the amount of guys going civil recently, it must look like a tourist attraction...

Papillon

Legionnaire
Ratings
243 1
Home Country
United Kingdom
Depends what rocks your boat buddy my advise don’t weare a over coat as dry cleaning won’t remove the spunk 😎

Ratings
Home Country
Canada
I can imagine that might be quite a sight to see, at least for somebody who is aware of the Legion and what it is.
Seriously, I've been to Fort de Nogent, and there are no tourists hanging around the gates to spot potential recruits. All the tourists are at the Eiffel Tower in Paris, not at a little known suburb called Fourtenay-sous-Bois. Even the residents around Fort de Nogent don't give a damn about anybody coming or going out of the Fort.

kkillert0fu

Ratings
13 1
Home Country
United States
Seriously, I've been to Fort de Nogent, and there are no tourists hanging around the gates to spot potential recruits. All the tourists are at the Eiffel Tower in Paris, not at a little known suburb called Fourtenay-sous-Bois. Even the residents around Fort de Nogent don't give a damn about anybody coming or going out of the Fort.
Figures as much. I was just curious. I didn't realize Fourtenay-sous-Bois was that far off from the heart of Paris. On google maps it doesn't look more than a few neighborhoods away. I thought maybe out of the thousands of tourists that come to Paris a year, that at least a few might make their way to Fort De Nogent out of their own curiosity. Just military enthusiast types taking a little side trip for the afternoon or something.

Ratings
Home Country
Canada
I didn't realize Fourtenay-sous-Bois was that far off from the heart of Paris. On google maps it doesn't look more than a few neighborhoods away.
You've never been to Fort de Nogent, have you? It's 14 kilometres away from the Eiffel Tower.

(Good thing only sergents are permitted to use maps and not légionnaires.)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
937 4 3
Home Country
New Zealand
It's actually fontenay-sous-bois ;)

Plenty of roads to be swept there lads, especially when it's raining. I mean just look at all those potential leaves :ROFLMAO:

Most viewed threads of the week