Army Virtue-Tweet Backfires: 1000s Expose "Heartbreaking" Horrors Of War

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
to many ex forces hide behind the PTSD as an excuse for their behaviour and a barrier to prevent interventions from organisations offering support. The above is a personal reflection of supporting ex forces and civilians over 18 years.
I actually agree with this. So many people have used PTSD as an excuse for their actions. Seems like the go to excuse. I won't go into my own story but I had a few little demons to slay a couple of years back. Then I realised I could tame them instead.
One thing should be noted is the other side of the coin, too many are ignoring their PTSD. We are dropping like flies to suicide and secondary suicide (drugs mainly) Something has to be done faster.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I think there is a lot of BS-ing among PTSD cases. That metal issue as such certainly exist, but I think that isn't nearly common is it represent and diagnosed.
US , UK soldiers seems to getting it much more often than other armies. Is that because they are pussies more than others?
Of course not. It is because metal issues are diagnosed, by far much more often there tham in other countries (sorry if I miss some country that have overrepresented cases of PTSD).

For god sake, In US they put enormous number of kids on psychoactive drugs just because they won't (can't) listen teacher for 8 straight (or more) hours of sh*t all that time without doing something which isn't in expectation of teacher or some idiots who decide about those things.

So they don't care about children. Why do you think they would care about some war veterans? They would rush to put you on medications even if you just touch subject that can be linked with PTSD.
Why? Because it's easy money for them. Government paying for veterans medicaments so they don't have to think about that.

Just think about! Don't get drag into it just because your "doctor" says so. Many, I mean very many symptoms of PTSD are commonly present among regular people and it's not mental disease! Insurance and farmaco mafia giving good bonuses to doctors who prescribe their drugs. Especially if it is therapy for couple years and probably for life.

For god sake! Guys who were never in combat. Guys who never saw minute of fight or anything ((probably never be evan in fest fight :)))... even guys who flying drones from climatized room in Nevada getting PTSD! Isn't that bit odd?!? Most people who have PTSD (for real) got it because they had they live endangered in some point. So some guy in support company in Iraq whose life was probably most endangered when he was driving drunk back in US now have some issues because of ... I don't know what? I really can't buy that shit

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
After all you chose that! You choosing to be an soldier and as I understand you can probably choose whether or not you gone be in combat company.
So what now? After all that time you suddenly decide that you don't have balls for it? Sorry :(

Same goes with American (and other) cops who killing innocent unarmed men because they are scared!!! For good sake how that can be? And they get away with that. If you don't have balls for that job ... don't do it. There's not much IQ required, there's not much learning or some other skills needed for becoming cop. But, you got to have certain amount of balls (not much).
I don't know how they don't have test for that. :) They would test you on everything but not on bravery or morality. Guess that they expect that once you got badge your balls would grow. :) And of course all cops are good . Bad cops exist only in films. Don't you even there to question their morality. :)

Sorry Chas , nothing with you. I'm sure you were good cop. Unfortunately there is many those who are far from that. Especially where I am from and probably in US to.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Well, I spent 5 years in a war that was very well described in a book as ‘A Cruel War of Peace’ by Alistaire Horne. And yes I witnessed a lot of cruelty, and torture, which I wrote about, and hence was denied the legion d’honneur. (Couldn’t care less actually.)

But PTSD? Does that includes drinking beer and posting on this forum late at night?

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well, I spent 5 years in a war that was very well described in a book as ‘A Cruel War of Peace’ by Alistaire Horne. And yes I witnessed a lot of cruelty, and torture, which I wrote about, and hence was denied the legion d’honneur. (Couldn’t care less actually.)

But PTSD? Does that includes drinking beer and posting on this forum late at night?

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
For god sake! Guys who were never in combat. Guys who never saw minute of fight or anything ((probably never be evan in fest fight :)))... even guys who flying drones from climatized room in Nevada getting PTSD! Isn't that bit odd?!? Most people who have PTSD (for real) got it because they had they live endangered in some point. So some guy in support company in Iraq whose life was probably most endangered when he was driving drunk back in US now have some issues because of ... I don't know what? I really can't buy that shit
I used to think like that too. And you have a point. But the reason your viewpoint is limited is because you are judging others by your own standards. Not everyone is like your nor me. Some people are alot more fragile.

Most viewed threads of the week