a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Army Virtue-Tweet Backfires: 1000s Expose "Heartbreaking" Horrors Of War

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Bullshit, the former legionnaires that I have met snce then, in several countries, have been far more stable, normal and humourous than most other civilians I have met over the last 60 odd years. They all had a good grasp of life, while most civilians seemed to be a bit immature on many accounts relating to warfare. Just quoting plattitudes and myths that they had read somewhere.
Why bullsh$t? How can you really know?
When men were men... Eh?, 🙄

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Maybe legionnaires are made of a tougher stuff than most other military personnel?
Jonny i was going to write a funny cheeky comment but i am not taking the bait. But you do make me smile. By the way you can have a beer with me tomorrow as it's my birthday.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
nothing to do with if you are Legion or not.
I think that it does. We already discussed on that subject here somewhere. I don't know if anyone did research but on first glance look like legionnaires are less prone to PTSD than other soldier. Maybe not less prone to a alcoholism but seems they usually don't drink because they wont to forget something. That drink becose F- feels good ;)

There is couple reason why is that. I'll write later

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I think that it does. We already discussed on that subject here somewhere. I don't know if anyone did research but on first glance look like legionnaires are less prone to PTSD than other soldier. Maybe not less prone to a alcoholism but seems they usually don't drink because they wont to forget something. That drink becose F- feels good ;)

There is couple reason why is that. I'll write later
OK a respected Adj from the REP talks about it and a guy who has never been in any Army knows better. please stop it. There was a video i posted about an ex SAS guy who helps people with this. He himself suffers from it.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
so did they teach this on your Uni course? :unsure: Do you think this is why some were shot because Lack of moral fibre, shell shock? just curious . I know what you are saying in your own words & opinion. you also never answered my question or point about screening new soldiers. surely it must be better now than say WW1/2. How can they improve it? Surely in this day and age we understand PTSD better. The OP did make a good point PTSD is not only in the military.
I have strong opinions, sometimes less is more! Hence no reply to your questions just can’t really be bothered debating it as your on the other side of the coin!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I have strong opinions, sometimes less is more! Hence no reply to your questions just can’t really be bothered debating it as your on the other side of the coin!
You don’t have to answer.. I respect your opinions.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Nice one Bro. Just such a tricky subject and one I have debated many times in real life settings, it can make you less objective after time!
I understand you. Bed for me now. Wife is watching Chelsea against Arsenal. A german supporting Chelsea.. 😂 My son is a big Chelsea Fan.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Chelsea rent boys versus the Arsène Wengers Arsenals ar*se holes. .
Pain in the ar*e, if you ask me
That's London town