Attack in Paris

Paris, 2e arrondissement, place de l'Opéra 21 h 30 approx. An individual attacked passerby with a knife. Latest reports, are of 2 dead (attacker included) and 8 wounded, 1 seriously. Sector cordoned off

The attacker is 20ish year-old, approx, dressed in black, bearded, no Id paper, North African type, shouted “Allah Akbar”.

Daesch claims responsibility. Latest toll is 1 dead, 4 wounded (2 seriously). Attacker born in Chechnya in 1997 has French citizenship. He was flagged as a potential threat (he was registered in a specific database and authorities had issued a so-called Fiche S).

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
The owner of the café next to where the attack happened gave free drinks to guests until situation returned to normal. Something good from a bad event that. :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
If Europe have same gun laws as US there would be much more shootings and deaths, but Trump said that if there was a "good guy with a gun" on November 2015 Paris attacks there would be far less victims. Ok , he said that on NRA rally. :)

If Europe have same gun laws as US there would be much more shootings and deaths, but Trump said that if there was a "good guy with a gun" on November 2015 Paris attacks there would be far less victims. Ok , he said that on NRA rally. :)
If everybody is secretly armed with a gun, an attacker might think twice about unleashing his knife or gun so quickly.
Sorta of a catch 22, if they shoot somebody. Somebody else might turn around and fire back at them. Their odds of success might go down but it's possible other people might start shooting at each other more often.

So far, since these attacks have begun. ..245 or so (will post the official figure once i know for sure) have been killed
Strange how the humain being adapts to his environnement (part of daily life...almost)

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
So far, since these attacks have begun. ..245 or so (will post the official figure once i know for sure) have been killed
Strange how the humain being adapts to his environnement (part of daily life...almost)
Exactly!

The French ‘pieds noir’ settlers of Algeria in the 1950s had to adapt to a new life, where bombings and drive-by shootings were commonplace. I can now see something similar is creeping up on Europe. The Strange Suicide of Europe, indeed.

Last week was the, "Santa Cruz",in Nîmes, quartier Mas de mingue. ..where i lived for almost 15 years
A rememberance day for all pied noirs, from all over (France Spain Italy and Greece )
Evry year, the crowds get fewer (but you can see the. ..shared expériences /resentment /nostalgie. ..amongst the older ones, for sure
Picnics, merguez, wine beer and pastis

They are called Pied Noirs, because of the rubber black boots (wellies /wellingtons) they wore to labour the fields
Before their arrivial, famine was common

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
If everybody is secretly armed with a gun, an attacker might think twice about unleashing his knife or gun so quickly.
Sorta of a catch 22, if they shoot somebody. Somebody else might turn around and fire back at them. Their odds of success might go down but it's possible other people might start shooting at each other more often.
So how you think to secretly arm everyone with a gun? Even if gun caring are allowed in Europe do you think everyone would immediately start to go around armed with Colt 45?

C'mon, be realistic, me first would like to carry gun around when I go in town to party with friends are GF. People do stupid shit while drunk. I know that me and many, many guys I know would be better without gun while drinking.

Imagine saturday night and everyone have gun on his belt. Man, you wouldn't need terrorists in scenario like that :). Increasingly drunk and drugged up youth will start to shoot at each other very soon after midnight.

So no, "good guy with a gun" theory most definitely wouldn't work in practice. Most regular people would care for buying guy anyway (if law allow them). Who would buy many guns are bad guys, gun nuts and yes, terrorists too.

Sorta of a catch 22, if they shoot somebody.
First i would like to say, i'm pro gun and i belive that everyone should be able to own the tools to defend their life, plus i used to carry until i came to Europe.
BUT having everyone armed is not going to fix the issue, in fact it's going to make it worst. Criminals would just get more sneaky, violent and more heavily armed.... One example right from south america.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-dozens-reportedly-took-part-in-violent-heist

In Paraguay, security guards if they are in the streets they are usually armed with pump action shotguns and if they are inside a private property they used also AR-15.
A gang of robbers knew this, so what they did??? They just got heavier weapons, two barrets .50bmg, explosives to breach into the complex, a few RPG to blow up armored car, they mounted M2 to a few trucks....

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
First i would like to say, i'm pro gun and i belive that everyone should be able to own the tools to defend their life, plus i used to carry until i came to Europe.
I agree, but one have to be responsible for his weapon so registration is necessary. Also some training is needed, similar as we have with cars. You can't (as it is done in some parts US ) just to go to gun shop and after background check (2 days) buy assault rifle. Without registration is one can sell it, lose it or someone could steal it because is not properly secured.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
So yeah, it happened again and this time wasn't lucky like some time ago on airport in France when soldiers managed to kill attacker after he tried to take gun from female guard

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5273809,00.html

"man may have attacked the police officers with a box-cutter and then seized one of their weapons. " F-ing box- cutter!
And all that in name of equality. Two female officers patrolling alone because, you know, someone's neo-feminist agenda want to prove how females can do any job good some as males.

"But yeah ... same would happen to male officers too". Of course not! Unless they are totally incapable in which case that shouldn't be policemen in a first place.

One more proof why "good guy with a gun" theory doesn't work in practice and even makes things worse. Do you want 80 y old grannies walking around with guns in their purse? Don't be ridiculous (those who believe in "good guy with a gun" ).

Dusaboss,

Whatever happened to suggest that female police officers are incapable of dealing with an armed and aggressive male or female is crass. To suggest that it is neo-feminist agenda or equality based is utter nonsense.

I know many ladies who were just as tough as the men both in the armed forces and police. You should witness a female HK police office dealing with armed triads. Likewise women who served in the DET in Northern Ireland undercover and dealing with terrorists.

I am not suggesting that females apply to become front line paras or commandos. They are however extremely capable at dangerous undercover work and more than competent with firearms.

My wife would scare you shitless as she does me !lol Former HKP unarmed combat instructor. As you know I was an armed HK police officer many moons ago.