Bank account problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Armenia
Hey everyone, I wanted to know if I can join the Legion if I have a debt a student loan of 7.621 euro. And if I’ll be able to send money each month to my bank account. My plan is to leave some amount of money in my bank before I leave but that money is gonna hold only for 4 months maybe 5.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I wouldn't mention to the Legion about your bank debts.
What I may suggest is that you compose a statement saying that you understand that you owe this amount of money – to your bank – and that in 5 months, after joining you will begin to pay off in earnest the rest of the debt.
Do NOT mention where you are going and make sure that you keep your word.
This letter should be given to a friend who will post it once you are sure that you are in, 2-3 months.
Let's be honest, today in the REP with a four (4) month tour and what you have saved until then, you will be laughing.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't mention to the Legion about your bank debts.
What I may suggest is that you compose a statement saying that you understand that you owe this amount of money – to your bank – and that in 5 months, after joining you will begin to pay off in earnest the rest of the debt.
Do NOT mention where you are going and make sure that you keep your word.
This letter should be given to a friend who will post it once you are sure that you are in, 2-3 months.
Let's be honest, today in the REP with a four (4) month tour and what you have saved until then, you will be laughing.
Better still, don´t be a chump. Say nothing to no one and save the dough ;). When and if he goes back home it will probably be written off.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
No mention of debts of what si ever (especially student loans and revolving credits)
Learn French
Do 7 pull ups
Level 7 on the beep test (Luc-Léger)
Hold your tongue
Stop being expansive

Post Shitum
Gestapo fud, probably has himself a revolving credit, a wandering wife too, 5 children to pay for, a mortgage on his house and rides a Solex...

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
No mention of debts of what si ever (especially student loans and revolving credits)
Learn French
Do 7 pull ups
Level 7 on the beep test (Luc-Léger)
Hold your tongue
Stop being expansive

Post Shitum
Gestapo fud, probably has himself a revolving credit, a wandering wife too, 5 children to pay for, a mortgage on his house and rides a Solex...
😆 😆 😆. Such a way with words bro.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Better still don´t be a chump. say nothing to no one and save the dough ;) when and if he goes back home it will probably be written off.
But, If they ask I would tell the truth.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
But, If they ask I would tell the truth.
Individual choice. If it was me i would say nothing untill i passed training and then was in my Regiment. Why would you maybe shoot yourself in the head during selection? he can later decide when he´s in the Regiment of his choice.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Sure, but from what I have read, these interviewers are experts as lie detectors.;)
Yeah... Sure they are. :ROFLMAO:
Just my opinion but, c’mon, they have a lot of people going through their selection. Big stuff with Interpol will come up but sh*t like the OP is talking about is nothing. Not criminal. They won’t find out everything unless you’re a dummy who talks too much.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
(...) Just my opinion but, c’mon, they have a lot of people going through their selection. (...)
Which is why they will not take any chances. If your story doesn't add up then you are out.
This may sound exaggerated, but one day those recruits could be standing on the Champs-Élysées with a weapon while the president of France passes a short distance in front of him.
Not the same thing as having a debt, you may say. But as I've said, if your story does not add up, then you might as well forget it. Which is why I repeat to all candidates, get your story right the first and stick to it.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Which is why they will not take any chances. If your story doesn't add up then you are out.
This may sound exaggerated, but one day those recruits could be standing on the champs Elysee with a weapon while the president of France passes a short distance in front of him.
Not the same thing as having a debt, you may say. But as I've said, if your story does not add up, then you might as well forget it. Which is why I repeat to all candidates, get your story right the first and stick to it.
Are we talking about criminal offences here or not changing your underwear? Well, end of the day you know better than me but things change. If I was a convicted felon then yeah... Maybe be honest but what he is talking about is sweet f@ck all joe. However let him decide.
I would also say that if the Legion would be so worried about trivial stuff like this then they are really not la Légion, but only the French army !!

OP
L
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Armenia
Merci beaucoup à tous.
Legio patria nostra

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
(...) I would also say that if the Legion would be so worried about trivial stuff like this then they are really not la Légion, but only the French army !!
If a guy is caught telling a little fib, it is like an iceberg to them, 90% below the surface.
Also keep in mind there are always some stoolies who like to report anything you blab about while waiting for your turn for the interviews.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
If a guy is caught telling a little fib, it is like an iceberg to them, 90% below the surface.
Also keep in mind there are always some stoolies who like to report anything you blab about while waiting for your turn for the interviews.
I hear ya bro... It’s up to him. I am not going, so it does not matter. Just saying what I would do.

canuckroyal

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Pay your debt or as Joe said come up with a plan to pay it. My wife works for a major bank, if there is one organization that knows more than the police or government about a person, it's the banks. Especially with the Financial System being digital now, they know everything!

Ignoring your debt and defaulting on it may not bother you much now but it will definitely affect you post military career and the banks/lenders may blacklist you. If it's a student loan, is it through your government or the bank itself?

One thing I know about banks and money people is they are very willing to work with you and accommodate. Why? Because the alternative is they don't get paid.

Speak with them about your situation and they will probably come up with a refinancing plan of sorts. It may mean additional interest rate charges which the bank would look at because any deal would have to be advantageous to them.

Either way, be a man and deal with your money problems.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Get back to original topic: how debts could affect one's changes to be accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.