Banned Supplements

But increased protein in urine should be cost by eating too much proteins or drinking shakes.

I 'm not a doctor, but I think is that way. Your stomach will dissolve them to amino acids in surplus will go out on ... other end. Increased level in urine is sign of something else. Maybe some banned substances
Your right their your not a Doctor!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
As it's been said before, you are not going in for a Mr olympia competition. You have to make do with what is profided in Aubagne and then you regiment.
I remember reading a biography about Arnauld. He said that for most of his career , he took steroids and protein supps, But he advised that anyone starting should avoid them to see what the can achieve without them.

SnafuSmite

Where on earth are you going to get your supplements and such on a 6 month opex in Mali? If you cant get strong and fit without your supplements and such you've got a problem.

well i worked in a gym as a Trainer & i could drink shakes all Day..Amino Acids...etc. Never touched them. They run Right through me. They are not to replace wholesome Food. Used to sell All stars Amino Liquid. just drink it how it Comes. save your Money for Food. all star was a good brand though. The Gym Boss (a Woman) was an ex Bodybuilding competitor & knew a lot of People in the Industry.

just so People don´t think i am Talking out my ass….LOL. infact i was 40 when i started & was shocked at how unfit some of the People in my class were. Fitness Trainer Course was good as there was some good guys & Gals on there. three Girls from Dresden. remember one guy was like a mass of muscles but did not do well on the cardio. was easy for me .

Never needed any supplements ! Just a wiry squirt used to WW2 rationing.
Even if now a youngster I would not touch supplements or steroids.
But of course I am an 'old fart' with preconceived ideas.

Never needed any supplements ! Just a wiry squirt used to WW2 rationing.
Even if now a youngster I would not touch supplements or steroids.
But of course I am an 'old fart' with preconceived ideas.
Ah..but Hormones are another kettle of fish. In The US a lot of older men get Testestorone from their Doctor but we are Talking Young guys on here. No Need for anything at their age.. should be full of natural Test. Pumping through their System. Good diet, hard work then it will work.

All the other stuff is not relevant for joining the FFL. I have never touched Roids myself but i did meet People who did/do. I can only advise People on here not to touch them. I know People in Professional Bodybuilding but this is not the same as what is discussed here. I am not against Hormones in Bodybuilding but do not promote their use.

I have put on weight in my dotage. When I joined the Corps I just made the minimum height requirement. I weighed in at 9 stone 8lbs and was a tad under 5'7" (1M.70cms) Age 17 and 3 weeks.

At 20 and just prior to my officer's cdo course I weighed 10 stone 2 lbs and my giant height had increased very slightly. Now I am 1M.70 on a good day and weigh just under 11 stone.

Now my personal size may be of little interest. However the shorter brethren wishing to join the Armed Forces should not be put off...……..IT IS ALL IN THE MIND.

As long as you are fit for your body size, I believe that unit PTIs' can establish the fitness level they require. But of course I may be out of touch with modern training methods.

mark wake

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
I have put on weight in my dotage. When I joined the Corps I just made the minimum height requirement. I weighed in at 9 stone 8lbs and was a tad under 5'7" (1M.70cms) Age 17 and 3 weeks.

At 20 and just prior to my officer's cdo course I weighed 10 stone 2 lbs and my giant height had increased very slightly. Now I am 1M.70 on a good day and weigh just under 11 stone.

Now my personal size may be of little interest. However the shorter brethren wishing to join the Armed Forces should not be put off...……..IT IS ALL IN THE MIND.

As long as you are fit for your body size, I believe that unit PTIs' can establish the fitness level they require. But of course I may be out of touch with modern training methods.
Nah! Still good! That’s why they still put up with us old farts!😊

Chas, first time I'm hearing about "stone" weight unit. Was that used by Ancient Britons before Romans came? :)
It´s like miles in the UK but in Germany they have Kilometres. I remember doing my HGV (Truck Licence) at Leckonsfield in the UK & never again driving a truck in the UK, only in Germany on the Right Hand side of the road. weird huh?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
It´s like miles in the UK but in Germany they have Kilometres. I remember doing my HGV (Truck Licence) at Leckonsfield in the UK & never again driving a truck in the UK, only in Germany on the Right Hand side of the road. weird huh?
sexpert I'm not idiot. I know for imperial units just never heard for stones. I know about pounds.

Was an English Bishop,John Wilkins who invented the system part of the décimal system when he published a book, with a plan of a universal measure in 1668

Example : 1 liter of water = 1 kilo

Most viewed threads of the week