Bastille Day parade 2020

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
This year, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the parade will be simplified. No vehicles and a limited volume of troops on foot, including the Legion band.
Some detachments of foreign countries will also be present: those having provided assistance to treat French COVID-19 patients (Austria, Germany, Luxemburg and Switzerland) and the United Kingdom via a detachment of the RAF, for the 80th anniversary of the Appeal of 18 June launched from London by Gen De Gaulle.
By coincidence, 2020 is also the 130th anniversary of his birth and the 50th anniversary of his death.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
A pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me. I saw on the French news that Pdr Macron was going to put the health service to honor this year. Which will of course include the military doctors and nurses. As Rapace has said, there will be a fly past by the Red Arrow and the Patrouille de France - hopefully the PdF will not get the smoke mixed up this year. :rolleyes:

I remember when I first joined the forum, writing a piece about Eva Joly who is Norwegian born and represented the "Greens" party in the French Presidency in 2012?
Any way I remember her coming out with a statement saying that she would much prefer that the 14th of July would be represented by the scouts (boys and girls) and the social services; rather than having the military parade down down the Boulevard. Before adding that that was the way it was done in Norway.
Well Ms Joly, it looks as though you have got your way..

1592646921867.png

Jolie (same pronunciation as Joly) means pretty in French.o_O:eek::unsure::ROFLMAO:

click to read the France 24 article (in English)

Last edited:
OP
Rapace

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
(...) there will be a fly past by the Red Arrow and the Patrouille de France (...)
There was a similar show in the recent visit of Pdt Macron in London on 18 June.

OP
Rapace

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Gentlemen, a gentle reminder. The thread was opened originally to update the members about the next Bastille Day Parade in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. I moved all other non-related posts to Crawdad's “home of derailed threads" that was created for this purpose by our Cajun friend. Feel free to keep on debating there, of course.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
De Gaulle is dead?
Well I never heard that... Here I was thinking that the Gaullisme is still alive and kicking...
Every morning when I wake, I feel, I have the “gaule”. Fidèle compagnon du rut, depuis ma puberté.. Tu vas me manquer. Mince alors !
Suppose i will have to stick my c*ck in a cold tin of spam from now on... Jesus, Mary, Joseph, ffs!