a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bastille Day

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Tati is just around the corner, Barbes way. ..
The Bosche paraded here, btw, and never on the Elyisse

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Okay... The Décathlon store is the one located near Place de la Madeleine, just near the Place de la Concorde where the stand with officials is located during the Bastille Day parade. The video was taken just after the Legion detachment went past the stand and turned left heading to La Madeleine church via rue Royale and then made a right. Anybody interested can check.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I am willing to check La Madeleine, any time. Place de la Concorde is downhill, where we split (regulars, not la Légion). We go thru full block and do not divide.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Always wanted to visit Paris but from what i read & see on the Web.. It's no longer French 😲.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Nice video, backstage with the Legion during the 2019 Bastille Day parade. At 2 mn, interesting to see the colonel sharing a bottle of wine with his staff before the ceremony. Only in the Legion... Vive Le pinard ! :D

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Nice video, backstage with the Legion during the 2019 Bastille Day parade. At 2 mn, interesting to see the colonel sharing a bottle of wine with his staff before the ceremony. Only in the Legion... Vive Le pinard ! :D

Yes, a nice touch. I do remember getting a glass of port in my OC´s office.

Legion-eire

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Always wanted to visit Paris but from what i read & see on the Web.. It's no longer French 😲.
I dunno, I've been several times lately and my passport hasn't picked up any weird stamps. My French friends all concur that – to the best of their knowledge – they still reside on French territory. But maybe some website with an aversion to brown people has the inside track. Best avoid Paris I guess, to be on the safe side.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I dunno, I've been several times lately and my passport hasn't picked up any weird stamps. My French friends all concur that – to the best of their knowledge – they still reside on French territory. But maybe some website with an aversion to brown people has the inside track. Best avoid Paris I guess, to be on the safe side.
I will mate thanks for the heads up 😉 guess all the Videos must be fake News? 🙄

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria

Woow around the 5th minute of the video the orchester played the main theme from Game of Thrones movie....hehe Epic Epic!

Legion-eire

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
I will mate thanks for the heads up 😉 guess all the Videos must be fake News? 🙄

All cities have their tougher areas/ghettos. We could get DEEP into what causes the marginalsiation of immigrant minorities on foot of failed government policies in the wake of collapsed colonial regimes. But suffice to say Paris is a unique and inspirational city and you should definitely come visit 👍

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Every city, town and village have their elite and the so-called, ‘low life’...
Post Shitum 1: no governance can work without a social (+ an ecological agenda)
If you have lived in Scotland, you should know what i mean. ..
In this day and age, anarchism has the most valid reasons for being
Post Shitum 2: the planet is overcrowded anyway.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
All cities have their tougher areas/ghettos. We could get DEEP into what causes the marginalsiation of immigrant minorities on foot of failed government policies in the wake of collapsed colonial regimes. But suffice to say Paris is a unique and inspirational city and you should definitely come visit 👍
It's the girls.. I want to see the girls 😆

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The vandalism done on the Arc de Triomphe during the yellow fluo vests campagne was no more than a “we’ve had enough of your elitist bull and fuque the symbols.”
Symbols and medals mean naff fanny Adams when you and your family are hungry.
To justify my rants, I refer you to the day the Bastille was taken.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
I would accept your argumentation Petit Caporal, if the infamous “yellow vests” protesters were really suffering from hunger and/or oppression. In 1789, the prison of la Bastille (almost empty btw when it was stormed by the people of Paris) was a symbol of the absolute Monarchy oppression, where you could be jailed without any trial, just because you had displeased the King for some reason or another. Nothing comparable with what happened last year.