a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Been absent a while

mad jock

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Hi guys, apologies for being absent for a bit, but life's been busy for me, so where am I?, to be blunt?, I'm in a damn good place now, it may have taken some 14-15 years, but I'm now comfortable with the fact that I'm a civvy, it literally came as an epiphany, woke up one morning to the realisation that soldiering a young mans game, and I'm getting old as f**k, I got married last year in Florida to the same woman that's not only carried 3 of my kids, she's put up with me for the last 18 years, I now own and operate a small but very successful window cleaning company in Edinburgh, and I still give my time up to help the Royal Marines Cadets, that in itself takes up more time than the wife would want, but she knows I enjoy it and it stops me drinking, my son is completing his studies to become a Royal Marines commando officer, my oldest daughter wishes to become a royal naval officer, and she has indicated her intention to do the commando course as well, I'm both proud as hell, and as any father that's served will tell you, fearful at the same time, the youngest daughter?, she wants to marry Harry stiles, have 14 kids, and live life as a princess (girls got a lifeplan), in 3 weeks time I travel down to the Commando training centre Royal Marines with my cadets as we embark on the "Gibraltar cup" competition where they will pit against 5 other units to find out who's the best marine cadets in the corps, I've every intention of winning this, and the kids are just as enthusiastic, cheers guys, mad jock

Finleythefox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Sounds like you've got it made Mad Jock. Makes me smile knowing some people have everything they not only need but want. I aspire to be happy as yourself one day. I wouldn't be able to deal with 14 grandchildren though! Good to know young girls and boys grow apart from some early life dreams right? How'd you like Florida?

mad jock

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
I love Florida mate, first went there in 2002, decided then and there that I was retiring over there, won't be in a position to do it for at least ten years as that's how long we reckon it'll take to build a property portfolio over there, I like it, the weather, the people, and more importantly?, the mouse lol

Finleythefox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Man O mighty so many people retire here. What is it about it that people migrate and flock here for, it must be the year long summer weather. So many Canadians and northern us have vacation homes here. What do you mean by the mouse?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Mad Jock,

Welcome back and many congratulations that all is working well for you.

You feel a trifle old, well I concur that soldiering is a young man's game. Well I realised that under the stars, freezing, in my green maggot some 28 years ago.

A daughter as a would be RN officer and a son at OTW CTCRM fantastic.

Kind regards- Chas.

mad jock

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Man O mighty so many people retire here. What is it about it that people migrate and flock here for, it must be the year long summer weather. So many Canadians and northern us have vacation homes here. What do you mean by the mouse?

Mickey Mouse mate lol

Finleythefox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ahh. Haha
It's been far too long since I've been to Disney.
I'm here for the wild tropical fruit, coconuts a plenty, beaches, and beautiful women.
Florida definately is nice. Thailand is my dream destination on day in the far future

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Ahh. Haha
It's been far too long since I've been to Disney.
I'm here for the wild tropical fruit, coconuts a plenty, beaches, and beautiful women.
Florida definately is nice. Thailand is my dream destination on day in the far future

Justin, just remember that there is only one thing a Thai woman wants and that is your money. Believe me they can spin a yarn -about the sick grandmother, the younger brother's school fees, the broken down car that needs repairing- so well you will end up getting a bank overdraft just to help them out.
There are plenty of coconuts though.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Justin, just remember that there is only one thing a Thai woman wants and that is your money. Believe me they can spin a yarn -about the sick grandmother, the younger brother's school fees, the broken down car that needs repairing- so well you will end up getting a bank overdraft just to help them out.
There are plenty of coconuts though.

That seems to be the case for many "Mail order brides" , a mates brother bought a Russian one , a lot younger than him and a good looking girl , within a couple of years she got a UK passport then wiped out his bank account and fcuked off :(

sombrerox

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
That seems to be the case for many "Mail order brides" , a mates brother bought a Russian one , a lot younger than him and a good looking girl , within a couple of years she got a UK passport then wiped out his bank account and fcuked off :(

How the **** can she have access to his bank account, if he was fool enough to trust a random girl he "ordered" online with his savings then he deserved it.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
sombrerox looks like she somehow got access to he is bank account true the years. Pro gold digger. :). So what? What he did expected when "Mail ordered bride" a lot younger than him and a good looking? At least he had couple of years of fun.

My girl pays me a diner. No f gold digging to with me.( Are maybe I'm just a-hole :)) . Anyway for men today crucial skill is to recognize gold digger.

Finleythefox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Luckily Joseph I don't have any gold to dig on. I'll keep an eye to stay away from the local ladies, my uncle actually teaches English in Thailand and the same exact thing Happened to him.
Met a thai woman, "fell in love", got married...and I think they may actually still be together. Not sure
If any man expects a mail order bride or something of the sort to be trustworthy and live with you happily till the end, they've got way too much faith in humanity

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
How the **** can she have access to his bank account, if he was fool enough to trust a random girl he "ordered" online with his savings then he deserved it.
It's quiet normal to have a joint bank account with your wife,assuming you trust her,pointless being with her if you don't, obviously in this case and many others the woman was very devious.Like I said , he'd been with her a couple of years.

Finleythefox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
IF! I marry one day, what's mine is yours honey, except for our bank a account, my car, and my guns. All of what I would need to start a new happy life without her had she tried to pull a card like that.
My father lost everything after he cheated on my mother. House, kids, car, belongings, all because he felt bad cause he cheated(which was betrayal nonetheless) so she took advantage of his guiltyness and stripped him of everythang!

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
IF! I marry one day, what's mine is yours honey, except for our bank a account, my car, and my guns. All of what I would need to start a new happy life without her had she tried to pull a card like that.
My father lost everything after he cheated on my mother. House, kids, car, belongings, all because he felt bad cause he cheated(which was betrayal nonetheless) so she took advantage of his guiltyness and stripped him of everythang!

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned :)

Jefferson'86

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Florida?

Last time I was there was Eglin Aux Field 6 at Camp Rudder on the Ranger course. Got binned with a broken ankle. No fond memories. 56 days of shit.

Soldiering is indeed a young man's game.... Go well.