a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best airport in France to travel to from Scotland?

crisss12

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Just seeking advice on which would be the best airport in France to travel to from Scotland, Aberdeen.

crisss12

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Edinburgh to Marseille with Ryanair. Get the bus to gare de Lyon you will see a recruiting office in the station. Speak slowly if you have a donic accent even us fifes find it hard lol.

mad jock

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
haha reminds me of the time i bumped into a choochter "fit like mun?" so i twatted him it was only when his english freind intervened it was explained that he was asking "are you ok chap?" still thats what he gets for being a choochter

crisss12

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Edinburgh to Marseille with Ryanair. Get the bus to gare de Lyon you will see a recruiting office in the station. Speak slowly if you have a donic accent even us fifes find it hard lol.
Cheers for that, exactly what i was looking for. I have stayed in Aberdeenshire all my life, so my accent will be pretty hard to understand, but hey least I'm not Irish. I work with an Irish lad, and by heck when he speaks you just have to nod and agree, cos have no clue what he's saying most of the time lol

crisss12

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
haha reminds me of the time i bumped into a choochter "fit like mun?" so i twatted him it was only when his english freind intervened it was explained that he was asking "are you ok chap?" still thats what he gets for being a choochter

Hey nothing wrong with being a choochter. Foos yer doos? hahaha

mad jock

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Cheers for that, exactly what i was looking for. I have stayed in Aberdeenshire all my life, so my accent will be pretty hard to understand, but hey least I'm not Irish. I work with an Irish lad, and by heck when he speaks you just have to nod and agree, cos have no clue what he's saying most of the time lol
ha must be like dealing with shop keepers in Edinburgh the buggers just smile and nod, al you want is a pack of mints and the nutters try selling you an international phone card, dont they get it i sent the ex wife abroad for a reason, i dont wanna speak to her lol

crisss12

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
ha must be like dealing with shop keepers in Edinburgh the buggers just smile and nod, al you want is a pack of mints and the nutters try selling you an international phone card, dont they get it i sent the ex wife abroad for a reason, i dont wanna speak to her lol
Im suprised there are still Scottish people working in shops there, Aberdeen corner shops etc are run mostly by Pakistanis nowadays. I'm no racist like, just canna understand fit there saying most o the time, and they always look like at me like im awa to steal something. No offence to any Pakistani who may ready this. There are worse people, THE ENGLISH HAHAHA

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
By the way French for rabbits the same as you would say it lapan
i used to work on the trawlers so am not to bad at it lol
fit ya saying loon

soldatdelite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
They often don't fly that route. Their MP2 route is sketchy. But you could always fly into Nice or some other place. Just gotta get to France and you'll be sound. Ryanair is the way to go though. If you do it right, you can get a €1 flight on special.
As for the Scot? Should he even talk at all? Me mate, best of friends, haven't understood more than a dozen words he's said in 10 years. We have to txt in the same room. Great craic though, you savages.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Just seeking advice on which would be the best airport in France to travel to from Scotland, Aberdeen.
Several daily Air France flights from ABZ to CDG. Then connection to MRS (either from CDG or ORY if you don't mind changing airport). Safer, but certainly more expensive than Ryanair.

Cpl K

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Reaction score

Gare St Charles ;) Gare de Lyon is a 9 hour bus ride from Marseille, you been drinking whisky again bro....

Cpl K.....

PS: It's a hard life being a sports teacher here ;)MY STUDENTS AND I

corvee de chotte

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
The doric language can be frustrating on the recipient, my hands on experience was with a young "quine" when she asked me if i happened to have a "fringy" and if I didn't then I would not be putting that in there. A Tesco shopping bag was sufficiently at hand and modified, Sir Bacon Gryls would have been proud of my "bush skills". I have since learned that "fringy" is the Doric for "Frenchie" from the British army slang a "French letter" which was a condom placed in an envelope and given to soldiers on leave in France, WW1 to avoid the venereal diseases easily acquired from French "quines", not to be outdone the French called the condom "capote anglaise"and naturally the first reference to a condom ever was by a Scotsman, but nae a doric loon ifyekenfitameanmin.
here is the full article on the history of prophylactics.
http://www.leroidelacapote.com/history.php

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
first time some on called me loon i head butted him lol thought he ment loony.
and the lady comes from perthshire but with her wit and good banter is well at home here lol