Best FFL Books?

Whats up fellas? I'm US Army Vet. I didn't learn about the FFL until after I was already in the US Army or else I would have knocked on the Legion's door at 19 or 20.

I'm a big fan of the FFL and I read anything I can about it. Does anyone have any good FFL book recommendations? I've read books by Alex Lochrie, Gareth Carins, Evan McGorman and Jamie Salazar and I'm waiting for "Appel" to come out in March.

Sure, I'm 32. I was a Green Beret in the American army when I was an enlisted soldier and now I'm an officer in the Reserves. I work as a technician for Caterpillar and I'm a graduate student at night. I'd try to join the Legion right now except I have a family here.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Sure, I'm 32. I was a Green Beret in the American army when I was an enlisted soldier and now I'm an officer in the Reserves. I work as a technician for Caterpillar and I'm a graduate student at night. I'd try to join the Legion right now except I have a family here.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
I can't remember the exact titles, think it's 'How to join the FFL and what to do when you get there'. It is a Canuck you joined the REP. And the other, think it's called 'Fighting in the Foreign Legion', it's a fellow Jock who joined the FFL at a crazy 39 years old then went to Sarajevo with the REP.
Both good.

Haha, Rambo. One of these days I'll have to get around to actually watching those movies.

I can't remember the exact titles, think it's 'How to join the FFL and what to do when you get there'. It is a Canuck you joined the REP. And the other, think it's called 'Fighting in the Foreign Legion', it's a fellow Jock who joined the FFL at a crazy 39 years old then went to Sarajevo with the REP.
Both good.
Thank you for the recommendation. I have read those and I liked them, especially Alex L's.

Peter Lyderik

Hyper Active Member
A Sociology of the Total Organization: Atomistic Unity in the French Foreign Legion. A very good book, academic yes :), about how it is to be in the Legion,
1541568715319.png

Released in the mid 1980's, this book still stands the test of time. If you are lucky, you may find a copy in a second hand book store in the military section. Always a good gift (signed of course) to family or friends....

Attachments

Last edited:
Released in the mid 1980's, this book still stands the test of time. If you are lucky, you may find a copy in second hand book stores in the military section. Always a good gift (signed) to family or friends....
I'm sure that's the book a Mate had. It's good. He got it from another guy who came over from the UK stayed at his(in Germany) then went to the Legion.

For those that have Alex's book, chapter 11 deals with the Chad intervention of late 1990. Here are a few of my own personal photos from that operation. 100's of Libyian prisoners (the ones that weren't killed) being returned to Tripoli...

Attachments

Last edited:

Most viewed threads of the week