[Question] Best time for selection

Ratings
8 1
Home Country
United States
Well whatever you do use your time wisely! Lots of greens here had it even worser then you believe it or not. and the legion was the only option in life left! So deja vu! A lot of it is mindset. I am not going to blow sunshine up your ass! Or give you a lecture. A man makes his own destiny. As to why I prefer January? Less talkers /walkers and everybody’s equal in the shit weather! That’s just me. as for Dusa? He’s basically our forum mascot! Enough said! Get yourself together and make a decision one way or the other.
Like I said in my last message, I never claimed to have it worse than anyone. I know there are people out there that turn to the legion because there is literally nothing else left to do. My point simply was that it would make a lot more sense to leave in the winter. Like many members here have said, “if you wait, the legion will still be there.” What’s the harm in leaving a few months later. Only differences I see is I won’t be wasting money and I can be in better shape than I am now.

Ratings
905 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
I like your thinking
Personnaly. ..no time like the présent
If having to obey a sceldue
I advise. ..march/april (inter season)
No joke
The time you begin and the time you finish...august/septembre
You will have avoided by half the "Tramontane and the Mistral ", only a green can explain why

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
807 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Wade, we're all here to give you our advice. It all seems good to me. Now, winter, spring etc. I don't have to say that it's up to you when you are going to start the next 5 years of your life.

So good luck and let us know how you get on.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
316 5 7
Home Country
Yugoslavia
So why the fuck you bringing that up?
I have my reasons why I didn't go. I never lied about my eventual try and I could do that easily. I'm sure that many guys here actually lied about their travel to France (for some 100% sure) .Climate on this forum is partially responsible for that kind of behavior.

Someone who come here and say that he was in Aubagne, get pounding in the back and praising without any check of his story and no matter if he asked for civil after few days like a little pussy. And someone who is brutally honest like me get ridiculed.
So good job guys in making more little slimy liars and giving them support.
Than all get surprised when uberlier like Loustic appears in forum.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
807 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
I have my reasons why I didn't go. I never lied about my eventual try and I could do that easily. I'm sure that many guys here actually lied about their travel to France (for some 100% sure) .Climate on this forum is partially responsible for that kind of behavior.

Someone who come here and say that he was in Aubagne, get pounding in the back and praising without any check of his story and no matter if he asked for civil after few days like a little pussy. And someone who is brutally honest like me get ridiculed.
So good job guys in making more little slimy liars and giving them support.
Than all get surprised when uberlier like Loustic appears in forum.
I do believe that uberliar (whatever that is) Loustic is still going strong on facebook under his real name Alain Dorsel. He was eventually found out as was thadeusz etc.and banned from the forum.

As for you Dusa, there have been deadlines set, and cases of beer offered etc. In the end, as far as I'm concerned, you can go when you are ready.

The older the recruit, the more he has to lose. It's not as though you are 21 and if it doesn't work out, so what? The world is your oyster. But when you get nearer the age limit and ready to give up all you've got, if you don't make the world will be a sea shell.

If that doesn't cheer you up, Edith Piaf
Nb au lieu de lire Milord, il faut lire Dusan

:LOL:

SnafuSmite

Ratings
257 2
Home Country
South Africa
It is best to keep your departure date to yourself, saying that I'm going now or next week or next year just draws attention to yourself and opens you up to getting flamed, Dusaboss has his reasons for not leaving yet, and quite frankly that's his business. In the past I have also teased him about it, but quite frankly the joke has gotten old and us wannabes have no right to tease or mock another prospective member of Cervens if we haven't gone yet. You go when you are ready or as Papillion said in another post when you need the Legion enough.
I'm going to repeat something told to me by a current Legionairre, it doesn't matter when you go to the big door whether it's autumn,winter , Christmas, Hanukkah or Chinese New year. If the Legion sees something in you they like, they'll take you and if there's something they don't like or find fishy then they won't. Obviously you shouldn't be nonchalant and unprepared, but the minimums and recommend levels have been stated numerous times. Go for it and the first test is all in your noggin.

Last edited:
Ratings
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dusaboss,

To be frank just do whatever the spirit moves you.

Enjoy the forum as a regular scribe and no-one will flame you. We have cleared the air between us and if and when you make a move keep it to yourself.

I for one am at total ease with any decisions that you make with one caveat; "Don't get downhearted".

Most viewed threads of the week