Best War Film

I Like ‘wind talkers’ and ‘black hawk down’. Also the mel gibson one ‘we were soldiers’.

That legion one tom hardy was in ‘deserter’ was shocking !!

I like some of the films from the 60s. Great actors. Infact i just watched the Eagle has landed & battle of the bulge the other Day..:D.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Although it can be classed as a mini series, Band of Brothers. Also my two all time favorites : Kelly's heroes (I'm waiting for the right time to make the connection between operation Godoria and the film :D? And Heartbreak ridge.

Actually, I did enjoy Forces Speciales wouldn't go as calling it the best but it was pretty touchy. I guess some WWII classic like Saving Private Ryan overall, a WWII movie will be the winner.

Platoon
Bat 21
Boys in Company C
Band of Brothers
Saving Ryan's Privates
The Pacific miniseries
Winds of War miniseries

Coming from Hollywood each has it's own issues of realism, but all in all good flicks.

Band of Brothers. The Young Lions. Platoon. TV series The Secret Army. Zulu. The Big Red One and the Cockleshell Heroes.(RM canoe raid on Bordeaux.) True story but portrayal of commanding officer and his 2i/c was utter nonsense and non factual. Location correct and I served there as a YO. Both serious and in places very amusing.

Most viewed threads of the week