a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big day tomorrow

albertus

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Hello guys sorry to bother you all. Just want to say I am going to Aubagne tomorrow my flight is 9 am from Germany to Marseille. My aunt got the flight for me at her work so could not say no. Thanks for all the info and posts it really helped a lot. Hopefully everything will work out. Just one thing must I write something on a piece of paper saying I want to join because I herd they don't like English. My GODs will be with me.

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
Hey good luck man!
As for your question, I don't really know honestly, but somewhere I heard from a guy who didn't speak French that he just gave them his passport and said "Legion".

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Good luck albertus, may the Gods of luck be with you.

And remember all the good advice you found on this forum about the best behavior during selection and later as legionnaire

Don't forget to keep us posted about your results, as soon as you can !

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
All the very best- Go for it and ‘bonne chance’.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hansenman said it all, you give your passport into the guard room and say “Legion!â€￾ I mean what else would you be looking for, “ceramic floor tiles please, or if that is not your trade, a ham and cheese pizza.â€￾
Only joking mate. However if your question was referring to the immigration at the French port of entry, you should just say “touristâ€￾, if at these difficult times you should be stopped and asked further questions, then yes by all means tell them that you are going to join the Legion.
Good luck mate, you'll be be sorry at first, then glad, then sorry, then glad...

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Good luck, and keep us posted. :)

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
If you really want to make an impression, try this (click on the loudspeaker icon on the French version side to hear the pronunciation, and forget the English translation which is sh:t)... veel geluk or as we say bonne chance.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Best of luck man and buy the Caporal Chef a Easter Egg

bacchus

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
no news is good news. oooh it's getting exciting.