Birth certificates

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I had to order a replacement birth certificate. If it does not arrive by the time of my flight could I use a copy printed out from my former military records? It has a stamp say official us government on it to verify its authenticity. Pr could I have it mailed to me when it arrives?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I wouldn't worry too much about your birth certificate at the joining stage. It will help, yes but is not an absolute necessity.

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
It's supposed to be her no later than the 12 and I fly out that evening, but I am concerned that with the weather it might have a delay getting here.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Dax, you've got to relax -max! Come on mate, don't forget that you are going to join an army which is unique in the world where anyone can join.
Do you think that our Malaysian friend is going to turn up with a copy of his birth certificate translated by an official translator and have a certified stamp from the French government to say that it is authentic?:unsure:
Actually he is. but that is just because he planned ahead.

Just kidding you Dax, of course he isn't. And even if your birth certificate does turn up, in English, good. I know that the legion web site says that you should have one. Which is all well and good as long as you have access to the legion web site. Take my word for it you are worry about nothing.;)

OP
D
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Dax, you've got to relax -max! Come on mate, don't forget that you are going to join an army which is unique in the world where anyone can join.
Do you think that our Malaysian friend is going to turn up with a copy of his birth certificate translated by an official translator and have a certified stamp from the French government to say that it is authentic?:unsure:
Actually he is. but that is just because he planned ahead.

Just kidding you Dax, of course he isn't. And even if your birth certificate does turn up, in English, good. I know that the legion web site says that you should have one. Which is all well and good as long as you have access to the legion web site. Take my word for it you are worry about nothing.;)
Lol I get it, I just want this so fu**ing bad I need every edge I can get.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Lol I get it, I just want this so fu**ing bad I need every edge I can get.
Birth certificate wouldn't change your chances. Do you think someone would tell. "Ohhh, lets take this guy he was so nice to bring BC with him"

Most viewed threads of the week