Blog for the Women behind the Legionnaire

FFLVIE

Ratings
Home Country
United States
Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to share my site with you. I'm the American wife of a Sergeant in the French Foreign Legion. I moved to France when he had less than 1 year service (we just passed 8 years!) . I also have a Whatsapp group that I have live conversations weekly to chat and answer any questions you may have.

https://fflvie.blogspot.com.

Hope to talk with you soon!
Meg

Rapace

Ratings
332 2 1
Home Country
France
Hi Meg,
Is your husband an American too, if not where is he from (if I may ask)? Is he still serving in the Legion?

FFLVIE

Ratings
Home Country
United States
Yes we're an American family in the Legion lol. He was just transferred to 3REI so we're enjoying life in South America!

Rapace

Ratings
332 2 1
Home Country
France
Yes we're an American family in the Legion lol. He was just transferred to 3REI so we're enjoying life in South America!
American family in the Legion... Interesting and probably quite rare, if not unique... Enjoy Kourou and the beauties of Guyane.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
815 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
American family in the Legion... Interesting and probably quite rare, if not unique... Enjoy Kourou and the beauties of Guyane.
Not really unique, I know of a couple of Americans who have reunited with their families after passing Sgt. A couple of Brits also.

Crotalus Atrox

Home Country
United States
I wanted to thank you for your FFL-vie blog. Somehow I ended up there and learned a lot from what I read. You know, the intricacies of French health care and a bunch of good info on life as a REPtile. It is sometimes difficult to filter through all of the info found here on Cervens (the idea has been proposed to use an outside search engine to find more info on specific questions within the cervens board; and it works better). Plus, you have a great perspective; and so, I thank you and wish you and your family all the best. Cheers!

denis_law

Home Country
Scotland
Thanks Meg for the link to your blog. The FFL really does come before your own family. A significant other needs to understand that mindset. It's great you are helping out spouses. It can be really difficult to settle in to life in a foreign country with different ways not to mention the language barrier. Pièces rapportées need the support.

This is a good resource in English for any of you with children. Although it's more pertinent to Paris there is a stack of general info about living in France and dealing with admin matters, health care etc.

https://www.messageparis.org/public_website/abcs.php?id=8

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
815 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
I thought Guyane was a jungle
Hi Jasper, a bit late I suppose but I've added some photos of myself and some comrades of some of our time in Guyane. Sorry about the quality but the person who has my album copied them with a telephone. I posted them in the "media" section

Most viewed threads of the week