a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BMI

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
There was also a fella called iseefromage or something hahašŸ˜‚
Seen some crazy names on a Bodybuilding Forum i wrote on ..was a guy called upinthemguts honestly. You can't write on here what they write. Would get a perma bann...haha

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It's very tame & Civil on here. Have to remember that sometimes :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Home Country
Estonia
Also I want to say thank you everyone for your input. I really should get my weight down. I will postpone my trip to Paris. Right now tickets for the first week of November are relatively affordable so will book on of those. At 89 kg it should be perfect.

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Also I want to say thank you everyone for your input. I really should get my weight down. I will postpone my trip to Paris. Right now tickets for the first week of November are relatively affordable so will book on of those. At 89 kg it should be perfect.

Wise move mate. Better to be sure your prepared than chance it and get disheartened.

Reaction score
Home Country
Vatican City State
You are about equal to my height, but you are a good 20kg+ more than me. I am training to enlist for Legion too.

I think it would be best to lose weight. You weigh a big sack of potatoes more than me.

Soldiers are not bodybuilding hulks or marathon stickmen. They are a good balance of strength and endurance.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hi Sigavax.

Hmm. If you are older It would be a problem. This way ... don't know. Go, try and then you tell to us. ;)
I just now calculate your BMI (30.3). limits for BMI are 20 do 30. Being at limits of any and isn't good, being over it is highly likely rejection. Don't go until you lose at least 5 kg. (probably more). But its monday so we will see what this guy did.

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Nice site, according to them 13.5 for US Air force system and 14 something for USMC, using the FFL calculation i'm at 21 BMI.
Sadly i will never be in the club of the 10% or less body fat, while i don't mind eating little for weeks, when it's time for eating with my own money, i canĀ“t refuse a good beer and some pasta.
Mate as we get older we are all Fighting "the battle of the bulge"....

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Sigavax,

Welcome to the forum and good luck in joining. As for BMI and the rest well I remain an ignorant old duffer !:unsure:

I doubt that if I joined now, as I was in 1956 no-one would ever accept my enlistment. I was a wiry little squirt. All they were interested in were 2 arms, 2 legs, a sound heart and healthy lungs. Then you would be passed medically A1.

Now I may be writing complete nonsense, but I have an idea that if you are fit for your own body size and comfortable with it, then you are acceptable. I also venture to suggest that there is a mental side to it as well.

So " Go for it."

Reaction score
Home Country
Estonia
I just now calculate your BMI (30.3). limits for BMI are 20 do 30. Being at limits of any and isn't good, being over it is highly likely rejection. Don't go until you lose at least 5 kg. (probably more). But its monday so we will see what this guy did.

It's Monday, yeah. But I will stay home this time. Got two months to loose 5kg which shouldn't be very hard. And also will use this time to learn some basic French.

As for changes in training and diet - I already came up with a plan. Calorie deficit of around 500-600 kcal a day ( but not keto, I don't want to smell like acetone ), will switch strength training for bodyweight exercises, hiit and tabata. And more running of course.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It's Monday, yeah. But I will stay home this time. Got two months to loose 5kg which shouldn't be very hard. And also will use this time to learn some basic French.

As for changes in training and diet - I already came up with a plan. Calorie deficit of around 500-600 kcal a day ( but not keto, I don't want to smell like acetone ), will switch strength training for bodyweight exercises, hiit and tabata. And more running of course.

From my boxing days. Running, skipping and the sweat box- Turkish Baths. 5kgs should be simple.:LOL:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

Yeah Tabata... Do it on the bike in the gym. Most do Sprints on the treadmill. HIIT cardio supposidly being better for fat loss. Good you're going to do steady state cardio too. Remember we called it fartlek Training in the British Army. Speed play it means, running steady state then Sprints changing the Tempo. Like running in a Squad then back two guys Sprint to the front...& so on up the line. You Sound like you know your Training so I think you'll do just fine.