a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BMI

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
The best of luck to you mate ! Going to Paris now will not keep you in Paris for weeks because of Christmas. Anything later, or should I say closer to Christmas, will.
A train ticket will cost in the region of 100 Euros. A bus ticket half of that but will take twice as long. And then you have to know where in Marseilles it will drop you off.
Merry Christmas if, hopefully, we don't hear from you again.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Just a thought, you might get a cheap plane on a low cost from Paris to MRS. then take the Navette (Bus) 9 euros to the train station.

Reaction score
Home Country
Estonia
Thanks mate. I hope I didn't confuse you. By Saturday I meant 8th of December. But still it's going to be 2 weeks before Christmas, so hopefully everything will be alright.

Reaction score
Home Country
Estonia
Any thoughts regarding what's going on in Paris right now? If I got it correctly, then there shouldn't be significant disruptions of public transportation or blocked roads? Just increased security measures and checks.
Hopefully it wouldn't be much of an issue to get from CDG airport to Fort de Nogent.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
There is a call by the yellow fluo comrades to hit Paris this Saturday.
It will be the 4 th consécutive saturday
The football match, Paris Saint Germain has been posponed because of
Security will be tighter with extra renforcements ( 64 thousand for the terrority national )
Many shops , cafés, bars and resteraunts will be closed and some boarded up, even
Do not mistake our Revolt with a Révolution
It's not the same thing. .yet!

Post Shitum
The football club, P.S.G.
Have the most expensive
Players of the planet
Wages per month, scandaleuse
Arrogant baw bags
The Pdt. Macron, when he first came to power, little over a year ago
Ended the, 'impôt sur la fortune' (tax on the very fortunate)
The tax he recently added on the caburants, was the reason that sparked off our mouvment
Will it affect the P.S.G. players that much to fill their thirsty muscle cars?
Rant over
Cosset

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Sigavax, do you think that the French people are going to give up their weekend pleasure that easily? I mean the French just LOVE to go on strike and demonstrate. the PM (and notably not the President) has put back the fuel taxes for six months. The idea is to get people around the table and talk about the problem and to find solutions.

Does he really think that that is going to stop people from going down to their favorite rond point (round about) with their gilet jaune? OH NON Monsieur, no way José. That would be like having a referendum of under ten year olds on whether they think that Christmas should be called off this year.:eek: :cry:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
To give you an idea of what is going on in France this coming weekend. They're even talking about deploying the VIBs. Some of our demonstrating friends have even got out the christmas tree, the bulbs and tinsel, all that is missing as are the pressies on the favorite rond point. But that will have to wait until the 24th.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46466268

Reaction score
Home Country
Estonia
Thanks Joseph.
It seems that everything should be alright. I already checked ä which bus exactly I should take. Also Uber price is relatively ok, around 20 eur to central
Backpack is packed. Last day with family and tomorrow I'll be in Paris. I decided to spend a night in a hostel, get a nice meal and maybe one beer (but only one :) ). So I would be fully rested and ready to go to the gates on Sunday morning.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Bring a yellow fluo vest and join the party
Many shops and bars will be closed tomorrow
There might be an interuption of the bus service too

Reaction score
Home Country
Estonia
Bring a yellow fluo vest and join the party
Many shops and bars will be closed tomorrow
There might be an interuption of the bus service too

I'll think about it. It's just that currently I'm not exactly in a mood for inhaling teargas or getting locked-up for a few days. :unsure:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
All the best mate. Get yourself a quiet hotel as near to FdeN as possible. You'll have plenty of time to see Paris when you defile on the 14th of July and vigipirate. And of course when you come back from OPEX and you're on leave.
One beer:unsure:. I think our two disillusioned American friends may be right, the legion is changing. I'm counting on you to restore traditions, however no more than three, and of course only on the night before. Let us know how you get on.
Have a good breakfast and make sure that you do a few loosening up of your shoulder muscles before you knock.
It would be better if you could wait until Monday, but Hey, your writing your own history.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Thanks Joseph.
It seems that everything should be alright. I already checked ä which bus exactly I should take. Also Uber price is relatively ok, around 20 eur to central
Backpack is packed. Last day with family and tomorrow I'll be in Paris. I decided to spend a night in a hostel, get a nice meal and maybe one beer (but only one :) ). So I would be fully rested and ready to go to the gates on Sunday morning.
It has been stated that it is better to knock on the gates during business hours.