a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION BMI

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Hi all.

I am 184cm, and weigh 97kg. I am definitely not fat, however my BMI indicates I am overweight. Do factors such as body type and muscle mass get taken into account during the physical exam, or is it based soley on BMI?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi George have you checked out this video yet ?

I'm told that there's lots of different infos in there.

Just thought that I mention it;):whistle::coffee:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
7 pull ups and level 7 on the beep test, speak some french too will help
L.P.C.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Joe I think that crucial piece of information deserves at least series of 3 videos. :)
Also don't forget to mention colors, material and style of those three T -shorts. For example if you have peace sign on your T shirt, your legion career is over. It's not smart to come in red and green (Or it is green or and red? what is correct order to say?) short with legion sign. They may think you are too enthusiastic. Etc.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Also don't forget to mention colors, material and style of those three T -shorts. For example if you have peace sign on your T shirt, your legion career is over. It's not smart to come in red and green (Or it is green or and red? what is correct order to say?) short with legion sign. They may think you are too enthusiastic. Etc.
Dusa, I tried to subtlety show you that it is tee shirts.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
You will have lots of difficulty to pull 7 and reach level 7 on the Luc Léger test (beep)
A very expensive trip to France, to be rejected at the gate

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Hi all.

I am 184cm, and weigh 97kg. I am definitely not fat, however my BMI indicates I am overweight. Do factors such as body type and muscle mass get taken into account during the physical exam, or is it based soley on BMI?
I know what I said, bmi is exactlyt that, I am a little bit taller than you and the same wieght, I can do 7 pull ups easy, and the luger test is a joke, my thinking is you have to exceed minimum standards, they take 1 in 8 candidates, so if you rock up there with me you are in trouble, small guys have it easy, mass moves mass, if u big you need to put out, I run hard every day, and do plus 10kg wieghted pull ups 4 times a week, dnt worry about bmi, I plan to sail through selection simply because I put the work in, if you can't do 15 pull ups and a sub 12min 3 km run don't even bother, the legion offer a 2nd chance on life and u should take it seriously.

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
I know what I said, bmi is exactlyt that, I am a little bit taller than you and the same wieght, I can do 7 pull ups easy, and the luger test is a joke, my thinking is you have to exceed minimum standards, they take 1 in 8 candidates, so if you rock up there with me you are in trouble, small guys have it easy, mass moves mass, if u big you need to put out, I run hard every day, and do plus 10kg wieghted pull ups 4 times a week, dnt worry about bmi, I plan to sail through selection simply because I put the work in, if you can't do 15 pull ups and a sub 12min 3 km run don't even bother, the legion offer a 2nd chance on life and u should take it seriously.

Attachments

• 16308713481004091469514178480703.jpg
    16308713481004091469514178480703.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 3