a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bonjour a tous !

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Maybe training was harder I don't know, but easier in terms of technology.
There was probably more brutality coming from some NCO's.
In my training platoon beatings were not allowed but anything else was.
PS. only one almost fight with an other recruit.
Later in regiments were more fights, but most ended up afterwards with having a beer or two +

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
It would be interesting to know how les anciens prepared themselves before going to the legion and if you felt it was good enough or maybe it's never enough. How did you feel in the tests or in the farm? Maybe Joseph, Voltigeur, Chas ou le petit caporal or any other ancien. It would be cool to know.
How did I prepare myself before joining?
I robbed my electric meter...it was enough to catch a bus to London and buy a ticket for the train and ferry to Calais. I had 50 francs or so left when I landed (hitched hiked to Paris) slept out doors
(1st attempt) failed because too young (1981)
Learned some good lessons tho (travel light and have a plan B)
L.P.C.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
PS. only one almost fight with an other recruit.
Later in regiments were more fights, but most ended up afterwards with having a beer or two +
Good old days.
Unfortunately there is less and less fair fights and those ending with both participants having beer after.
One on one fights today and I believe that is case in FFL too, are dying out (If I'm wrong someone correct me). If someone have beef with other ... most likely he would call guys from his "mafia" and attack when he know he can't lose. I highly dispute and hate this behavior. I were, I am, and I will fight against it with everything I got. I mean, do some find satisfying to slap someone when 3-4 of his friends are around?
I was slapped more then ones in those circumstances and still I would give faire fight to those little bitches who did that . I'm just not kind of guy who can hit someone only when I'm I can't lose.

Everything is highly regulated by law . Which is OK if law is on side of justice and that in many cases is not true. You don't know how to behave anymore! At least where I am. I see people beating others and somehow getting away with it. If I would do same to someone I would get punished! Justice is really selective where I am.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I robbed my electric meter...it was enough to catch a bus to London and buy a ticket for the train and ferry to Calais. I had 50 francs or so left when I landed (hitched hiked to Paris) slept out doors
L.P.C.
Self turned up at Depot Deal as an absolute scrote. Told in no uncertain manner to piss off, wait a year or two.
and stop being a time waster. Went to London and got accepted. Funny old life !

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Fiji
either you had the lights on day & night(no PCs or other fancy stuff in them days) so your electric meter costed so much or the bus,Train;ferry tickets were dirt cheap given you also had 50 francs over. or did you rob other peoples too? :unsure: so youĀ“re the tw@t who robbed my Granny šŸ˜‚

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Argentina
L.P.C.
That's a cool story, I've always wondered what happen to guys who don't have a plan B or money and they live faraway, in other continent or something.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
In FFL people hang around with guys from their lingual group. In your case it would be Anglo mafia. They have power on this forum not me.
Dusa, your participation in the forum is the most important aspect.

I hope that in due course some more former Greens will return as with some new coming Greens.

Aspirants need to get sound modern and relative information.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dusa, your participation in the forum is the most important aspect.

I hope that in due course some more former Greens will return as with some new coming Greens.

Aspirants need to get sound modern and relative information.
If I'm a reason why old greens left and new don't coming I would gladly stop participating.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Fiji
I think that the reason a lot of greens have left has more to do with almost all of them participating in various Legion themed groups on face book.
probably more Legion related. I do not use Facebook myself.

Most viewed threads of the week