a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bonjour registrees and lurkers, anciens and associates

Reaction score
Home Country
England
I'm just another motivated hopeful who will be ready to fight to earn my place, in la Légion étrangère. I'm not gonna harp on about my life story at this moment in time, this is just a quick one to introduce myself, for now. But I will say honestly that I can't stop thinking about and dreaming about, joining the FFL. I will have a few questions along the way, but I don't wanna ask what has already been mentioned before. So I will have a dig around and jump on a few threads, shortly. I must confess though, that I have come to a cross roads in my life and have made a clear-headed decision to completely walk out on my current life and embark on a new one. 32 years young with no strings attached, thanks for acknowledging my post anyone who reads this, it's a pleasure to be here.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Hello Dale,
Welcome to the forum!
You won't find better source on info about FFL than this forum.
Stay well!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dale,

Welcome to the forum- even if you are a Janner (?););) Seriously though you will have to get your skates on to join.

Take heed of all the info from those in Green since they know the score. Enjoy the forum and the banter.

Good luck in all your endeavours.

Chas- Oggy oggy oggy.

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
32 years young! You are already at a disadvantage. The Legion have a choice of men who are 22 years young...can you see my point? Stop dreaming and thinking (your words), you have no more time to waste.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
England
32 years young! You are already at a disadvantage. The Legion have a choice of men who are 22 years young...can you see my point? Stop dreaming and thinking (your words), you have no more time to waste.

Point noted Mr O! I'm just gonna get my arse over there, I shall resurface shortly and let you lot know how it went!!
Gone for now..

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Point noted Mr O! I'm just gonna get my arse over there, I shall resurface shortly and let you lot know how it went!!
Gone for now..
"then one day you find ten years have got behind you. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun"...that's what I'm talking about. 30 years this coming July since I knocked on the big gate. Legion sweatshirt is folded, tucked away in the bottom draw

Attachments

• 36063863_463841464061102_7032526768401547264_n.jpg
    36063863_463841464061102_7032526768401547264_n.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Dale and welcome to the forum. Well I can see that you are motivated so good luck. Check up on things to take with you and the physical requirements pull ups etc. + the IQ test. I take it you can swim at least two pool lengths?
I can honestly say that now is the right time to go. It's cold in France, but that is the same for everyone (so get your skates on :ROFLMAO:) which means a lot of Africans won't be joining at this time. And the recent article posted by Le petit caporal and Rapace says that they are increasing the numbers.
If there are any questions which you are still not sure about, then ask them anyway, even if they have already been covered.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dale,
Carpe Diem. I did in days of yore 1956- Yes. I am that old !:D And achieved the RM coveted green beret + more.

Now as I intimated get your skates on.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Hi Dale and welcome. ...
You do know there is a Brit exit going on?
Not to be taken lightly
The few places given are for the them ready to invest and sacrifice their past
Your tougth luck being english. ... (bet the average in take of english will be on a decline after your exit
My advice is to pass your self off as a Jock and a républicain, anti Tory and Anti Royalist
Or / and tell the Gestapo, your Nanny was from Auchtermuchty

Reaction score
Home Country
England
I'd like to share I will be heading out of the UK, I wanted to leave sooner but a minor injury halted my plan.
Nothing serious, fortunately. To be fair I had an idea to try my luck on the gates of La Legion Etrangere a while back but I was caught up with a girl and I thought I'd give that a crack but it didn't work out. At least I can leave with no regrets and no baggage, at the end of the day I feel like I have so much more to give, I just hope I'm not too late.

Anyway, all the best guys and good luck to anyone else taking the plunge over the next month or so.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to share I will be heading out of the UK, I wanted to leave sooner but a minor injury halted my plan.
Nothing serious, fortunately. To be fair I had an idea to try my luck on the gates of La Legion Etrangere a while back but I was caught up with a girl and I thought I'd give that a crack but it didn't work out. At least I can leave with no regrets and no baggage, at the end of the day I feel like I have so much more to give, I just hope I'm not too late.

Anyway, all the best guys and good luck to anyone else taking the plunge over the next month or so.
Forget the chicks bro... you´ll get plenty with that Kepi. GO...GO......Thunderbirds are GO.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Women always complicate things. Told mine to find another 😁 There is always another "the one".

Anyways welcome to the forum. You're older, but that means more experience, so take it that way. But seriously, use your lamborgh-feeties and leave now or as soon as humanly possible.

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Minor update for anyone interested, for what it's worth I decided to detour to France via Spain and East Asia. I thought heck, I have to go to Dien Bien Phu and see for myself the museums and what remnants are left of the Legion here. I was tied up for a long time with a toxic person and to be honest, needed to clear my mind. Maybe I've left it too long, but I felt this was something I had to do. I suppose ill give it a few weeks then I'll see if I'm what the Legion is looking for. To be absolutely honest i don't have anything to go back to, so f*ck it.

Regards and all the best!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hey Dale, it's been a while. I hope you're enjoying your trip, Do try and remember that the museum will pro Viet so you may not get a neutral opinion..
When you go to Aubagne, you can a morning to have a look around the museum before knocking on the door. The visitors entrance is just round the corner from the guard room.

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Cheers Joseph, that would be great. Update soon, gone for now.. Hope all is well.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Minor update for anyone interested, for what it's worth I decided to detour to France via Spain and East Asia. I thought heck, I have to go to Dien Bien Phu and see for myself the museums and what remnants are left of the Legion here. I was tied up for a long time with a toxic person and to be honest, needed to clear my mind. Maybe I've left it too long, but I felt this was something I had to do. I suppose ill give it a few weeks then I'll see if I'm what the Legion is looking for. To be absolutely honest i don't have anything to go back to, so f*ck it.

Regards and all the best!
Some photos from Vietnam would be cool!!

Reaction score
Home Country
England

Attachments

• imageedit_5_4283465173.jpg
    imageedit_5_4283465173.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 2019-06-23 (4).jpeg
    2019-06-23 (4).jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 2019-06-23.jpg
    2019-06-23.jpg