a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book

Armakedon

Reaction score
Home Country
Macedonia
Has anyone got the book “Legionarâ€￾ (legionnaire) from Milorad Ulemek - Legija?

Armakedon

Reaction score
Home Country
Macedonia
Aha do u know some pdf url file? (Kako da nabavim u makedonija)

Sasa92

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Serbia

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Slovenia
Ive ordered all my Ulemek books from them (10 in total) and would highly recommend them, fast and reliable.

I would only recommend the first book Legionar for those that seek an account of his time in the Legion, other ones are works of fiction. I read the Gvozdeni rov, and while it was interesting to read it was SF even devil made an appearance :D Well as long as you are aware they are fiction and not memoires and you don't mind you should be fine.

Sasa92

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Serbia
I would only recommend the first book Legionar for those that seek an account of his time in the Legion, other ones are works of fiction. I read the Gvozdeni rov, and while it was interesting to read it was SF even devil made an appearance :D Well as long as you are aware they are fiction and not memoires and you don't mind you should be fine.

Gvozdeni rov was my second favorite, Legionar first. Some are fiction and some are non fiction. The non-fiction ones are Staze poraza, Roz vatru i vodu and ÄŒopor (in this one there is a chapter about the death of Sale Pauk.)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
If someone want this book in PDF on Serbian contact me with private massage.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
hmm! Looking for inspiration Dusa? A book is nothing but words! But real life? That is the question!
Inspiration, not really. Couple guys asked me for English translation of this book so I was kind to share when I din found it

A book is nothing but words! But real life? That is the question!
Actually books are bit more than words. I agree that reading book or watching movie can't be substitute for real life event, but should we all stop read and watch because of that fact?

I'm not not big fan of autobiographical FFL books I actually read only this one and Legionnaire Simon by Murray.

Of course Mark, books give you someones else's experience. Events seen through his eyes and scrambled through prism of his brain, his personality and everything that makes that person, then all unscramble in readers head. So from point of view of living up through experience book can't help you much, but still FFL book are great source of info and can help you to see how things were in a past. Especially to someone who served. (which for uninformed I still didn't :))

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Aye. I am no fan of those books either! Simons book is the standard as far as I’m concerned. Had the pleasure of sharing a beer couple Of times with him when he visited the lads at camp rafalli.