Brit hoping to join

Ratings
Home Country
England
First of all thanks for accepting me onto this forum, I've been looking through the threads and found out a lot of useful info, I am seriously considering trying out for the Legion and have a couple of questions.
1) I was in the British army a few years ago, 7 para rha, due to stupidity I chose a girl over a career in the army and applied for early discharge which I was given. I only did 2 years, so if I did ever make it to the ‘Gestapo’ should I tell them this or would it look bad as I left early?
2) like I previously said, I've searched quite a bit on the forum but one thing I can't seem to find is what life is actually like in the Legion on a day-to-day basis.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Ratings
905 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
Hi 1165 and welcome
If you decide to go, do not mention that reason for leaving (cunt struck)
That kind of thing happens far to often in the Legion
It will help you none (if you mention it)

Day to day life in the Legion is. ..lots of cleaning and not just the kit and weapons
Sport often
Inspections a lot
Plenty of waiting too
Getting fed 3 times a day
Drill
We do sing a bit. ..while marching or static
Gaurd duties
Training courses
Ironing. ..i used to love Ironing, it's very thérapeutique
Now and again, you will be asked to reply
3 answers will get you noticed
Oui chef
No chef
Fuque off chef
You might do some jail (avoid it if you can)
Sounds familiar ?
A bit like other armies but in french

Last edited:
Ratings
Home Country
England
Thanks for the reply, I was thinking that, would I be better to not even mention my spell in the army or make up a reason for leaving.

Ratings
Home Country
England
I can tell a good lie lol but not sure what kind of excuse would be acceptable for leaving early so probably best not mentioning it, what regiment was you in if you don't mind me asking.

Ratings
905 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
2e REI (infantry, anti-tank Milan and driver). In Nîmes, most of my time, and it's where I now live.
Btw you haven't told us how old you are. It might help knowing.

Ratings
905 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
28 seems reasonable for joining, dont leave it to long tho
Can you do at least 7 pull ups or more
Run good
Swim
Teeth ok
Scars or tatts
Criminal record
What have you been doing since you left the Brits
Drugs, booze and pimping. ..pimping what ?
Have you any children. ..i mean, that you signed for

Ratings
Home Country
England
I can do the pull ups, average running, but I'm giving myself a set time to join in January to give me time to be as fit as possible, since I left I have been working on a farm, 8 years now. I do have a criminal record nothing too serious though, couple of tattoos, nothing offensive/racist. No drugs but do like a drink. No kids that I'm aware of.
How important is the swimming because I'm pretty much like a lead balloon
Oh and a couple of scars, nothing surgical though

Last edited:
Ratings
905 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
It's good to travel light
Farm work, cool
Can you drive JCBs or stuff
Ease up on the booze (gamma gt controls)
Smoke, if so, try and give up
Your lungs will appreciate it
A couple of runs per week
Pull ups, evry day
Once a fort night, go swimming
By january, should be fit
Remember to eat quality foods

Tell them at Aubange that you are a country pumpkin, a yokel or pikey
Strong as a horse and love working out doors

Improve your swimming
Not sure what the target is these days
1 length at least = 25 m
Under water at least 10 m
More you can do the better

Last edited:
Ratings
Home Country
England
Yeah I can drive different machines, diggers, tractors, loaders etc, the drinking I've already cut down, exercise I'm focusing on, smoking I need to quit. How long have you been out?

Papillon

Legionnaire
Ratings
205 1
Home Country
United Kingdom
I can do the pull ups, average running, but I'm giving myself a set time to join in January to give me time to be as fit as possible, since I left I have been working on a farm, 8 years now. I do have a criminal record nothing too serious though, couple of tattoos, nothing offensive/racist. No drugs but do like a drink. No kids that I'm aware of.
How important is the swimming because I'm pretty much like a lead balloon
Oh and a couple of scars, nothing surgical though
An ex para at 28 should be jumping on a plane in the morning at 28 I was coming into my prime. Just don’t get the hanging about if you young and fit can lie a bit go give it a crack I say! Sometimes I say it as I see it.

Ratings
Home Country
England
An ex para at 28 should be jumping on a plane in the morning at 28 I was coming into my prime. Just don’t get the hanging about if you young and fit can lie a bit go give it a crack I say! Sometimes I say it as I see it.
In a way I totally agree with You, but the lifestyle I've led since leaving the army hasn't helped my fitness whatsoever, thats why I'm giving myself until January to make sure I'm as fit and prepared as can be, looking at the min requirements I could do them now but I want to smash it and give the legion a reason to want me.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Ratings
205 1
Home Country
United Kingdom
In a way I totally agree with You, but the lifestyle I've led since leaving the army hasn't helped my fitness whatsoever, thats why I'm giving myself until January to make sure I'm as fit and prepared as can be, looking at the min requirements I could do them now but I want to smash it and give the legion a reason to want me.
See if you had said something about your swimming lessons were in December but you don’t do that! I’ll leave it with you.

GuidoLovarini

Ratings
86 3
Home Country
Scotland
Aim for maximum on all test. If your going to join in december/january you myt have a better chance as an anglofone! Try learn some french before hand and take any certification with you. Good luck bro🐝

Most viewed threads of the week