C 130 J

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Ratings
213 3
Home Country
Norway
Ok, I forgot, so, in the French Military then? (Army, Navy, Air Force, or whatever?)

Ratings
958 10 11
Home Country
North Korea
What does 'J' stand for, as in the 130 J ?
Jonny... Come on dude, give it a rest. Can I have my thread closed, please ?

I started it because, i found it contradictory, with the arrival of the A 400 M Question : 130 is Hercule (USA) and 160 is Franco / German, right ? Whatever! Once you see a plane landing bringing in supplies (food, booze, mail, munitions, kit kats, reinforcements or to haul your arse out of the whatever shithole you are in, you say merci to the Armée de l'Air).

jonny

Legionnaire
Ratings
213 3
Home Country
Norway
Yeah, I’m giving it a rest for sure, just told the Charly to go Foxtrot Hotel Sierra, so probably be barred now, But who cares? Not me for sure, keep sharing and communicating guys, that’s what this forum is all about!

Byeee

Jonny

Rapace

Ratings
372 3 1
Home Country
France
I think the "J" has no specific meaning. It's like a version number of the 60+ year-old C-130 “Hercules” plane. The previous version of the C-130 was labeled H, if I'm not mistaken. Current issues with the A400M and an aging fleet of C-160 “Transall”, led the Air Force to the decision of purchasing some “Super-Hercules” as the C130-J is sometimes called.
Yes, Hercules is made by Lockheed (US) and the Transall was a Franco-German cooperation.

SnafuSmite

Ratings
309 4
Home Country
South Africa
I think the "J" has no specific meaning. It's like a version number of the 60+ year-old C-130 “Hercules” plane. The previous version of the C-130 was labeled H, if I'm not mistaken. Current issues with the A400M and an aging fleet of C-160 “Transall”, led the Air Force to the decision of purchasing some “Super-Hercules” as the C130-J is sometimes called.
Yes, Hercules is made by Lockheed (US) and the Transall was a Franco-German cooperation.
You also get the C-130J-30 which has a slightly extended fuselage.
A400 M has been plagued with political issues and financing, the one size fits all thing is causing some serious issues. For example the UK and Australia are now using the C130 as a tactical transport and the C17 ‘Globemaster’ for strategic transport. The A400 was meant to cover both.
Post shitum 😉
Airbus military in collaboration with CASA of Spain is making the EADS 295 which is a modern equivalent of the Transall.

Ratings
958 10 11
Home Country
North Korea
Jonny, Jonny... Where are you going to run to now? You’re stuck on an island, there's no way out.
It's another age, personnaly, I do not doubt your word. You could tell me that you humped Brigitte Bardot in the ‘pouf’ at Philippeville and I would believe you
Post Shitum
Is she a real blond?

At Rapace, J must have a signification. I'll check it out (curiosity and all that).

jonny

Legionnaire
Ratings
213 3
Home Country
Norway
(...)
You could tell me that you humped Brigitte Bardot in the ‘pouf’ at Philippeville and I would believe you
Post Shitum
Is she a real blond?
Yeah, we got quite close, actually. How did you guess? I’ll see if I can find a pic of us intimately together (and, yes, almost blond, and nice smelling!!)

C9EF8372-A9EE-48FA-9C2F-90EA2C978B2E.jpeg

Ratings
958 10 11
Home Country
North Korea
What conviced me was when you explained the no go zones, rememember ?
Mods have to understand also it is not always possible to upload docs, photos, lettres de félicitations etc. Especialy for the uncult aulder generations with fud phones and stiff little fingers (tin soldiers, you tube it). Smoking a spliff, guzziling a bottle of Merlot and scratching our pubes
5 years ago, maybe less.
I had no idea what was or is a troll, a sam, a vegan or a reinsertion. It makes me dizzy !

Yeah, we got quite close, actually. How did you guess? I’ll see if I can find a pic of us intimately together (and, yes, almost blond, and nice smelling!!)
Cute bitch, is she on heat? Anyway, i hope she enjoyed your presence.

jonny

Legionnaire
Ratings
213 3
Home Country
Norway
Thanks, Capo, and another thing is, we aulder lot tend to get a bit hot under the collar when some young puppy starts telling us that we are not telling our stories truly, as if we should have any need to tell fibs, or whatever. And, as if they knew better.
And yes, I remember the no-go zones in Algeria, but not my exact posts about it. Do you have copies? If so, I might be able to further elaborate, if anybody is interested.

Ratings
958 10 11
Home Country
North Korea
Was in a thread that I replied to, about the Algerian war and a magazine called, Historia. Still have the copy of it (if you want,i can ship it to you). Mostly testimonies from conscripts and how they won the putsch. Written by pacifists.

Most viewed threads of the week