Camerone 2019

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Voltigeur,
I've obviously missed an episode here. Why is it that the 1 Re has re-earned a foregere? I say re-earned because when the new recruits visit the crypt at Aubagne, they will see past regimental colors of 1 RE. Nowadays it's clerks, music, the museum and the rest.
However in the olden days... well that's for another time.

OP
voltigeur

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Hi Voltigeur,
I've obviously missed an episode here. Why is it that the 1 Re has re-earned a foregere? I say re-earned because when the new recruits visit the crypt at Aubagne, they will see past regimental colors of 1 RE. Nowadays it's clerks, music, the museum and the rest.
In my time the 1er REI did all the functions the 4eme REI now has, plus it was an active combat regiment.

OP
voltigeur

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Hi Voltigeur,
Update on the fourragere from http://foreignlegion.info/2019/05/16/video-2019-camerone-day-aubagne-fourragere-for-1st-foreign-regiment/

Peter Lyderik

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Denmark
In the June issue of Kepi Blanc, there is an article about the fourragere and 6/1 REI. The article doesn't say anything, I think, about the batailion being send to Syria in 1936, and what happened to it later. More details would be welcome :)

1574581695446.png

Most viewed threads of the week