QUESTION Can the retired soldiers of the Legion join the French army?

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
China
Can the retired soldiers of the Legion join the French army after becoming French citizens? Or can they be a policeman?

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
South Africa
How old is said for individual? Plenty of French in the Legion, watched an old documentary where a bloke was in the Gendarmerie for 5 years, got kicked out before rouge though.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
You must first have French Nationality. Then any joining of government services : army, Gendarmes, pompier de Paris/Marseille, customs, police etc. starts off by a concours or test where they only choose the best. French, Geography, French history etc. are all tested.
I wouldn't mention anything of that nature in Aubagne. Get yourself in first and then look into it.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Shen is also a volunteer for the REP.
Not good enough for the Cavalry then... Joseph, silver is the colour.

How old is said for individual? Plenty of French in the Legion, watched an old documentary where a bloke was in the Gendarmerie for 5 years, got kicked out before rouge though.
Posted this before. The guy was full of himself. Cocky , arrogant... The Legion in my opinion, were correct to bin him.

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Can the retired soldiers of the Legion join the French army after becoming French citizens? Or can they be a policeman?
Once you've received French citizenship, you've got the same rights (and obligations) as any other French citizen. Beware, that the age limit to join the ā€œregularā€ French Army is lower than the one for the Legion (27 or 28 off the top of my mind). There are also age limits if you want to take the exam to become a civil servant (policeman, customs officer, gendarme, or even non security-related positions).

Most viewed threads of the week