Cervens is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined the page just a short while ago as just a guy who wants to learn about the Legion having had my own military experiences in my home country's military.

I made some friends just by making connections here on this site. One of those is DCLXVI. I came home from work today to this huge care package stuffed with goodies. He is also going to be helping me get into good shape. In my opinion he is a very good representative of the Legion. Heart of gold and true to his word. Just wanted to say that Cervens has been a great forum for me to learn about the Legion and make some friends. Thanks for accepting me in the forum.

286CA032-AA5D-4791-9540-93D48BD8B9E8.png 8CEBDD50-E48F-46CE-98B5-4522A8CBEA3B.png 59AD2F80-52CD-4683-99C7-80DA907E5E6B.png EF3E34BB-408B-47F8-99E6-984310DFD2CC.png

D'accord.

I can say honestly I wouldn't even know how to get to the Legion if not for this forum. I'd be completely lost about the process and probably would be too afraid to go. The community here has given me the encouragement I need to make the journey

Stick around, Mr Forward Observer

ArtyFO,

Your post is well penned and accurate. So thank you.

I enjoy this forum. Since Suez 1956 I have always been inspired by the FFL. In fact it stemmed earlier at college when I was reading about the war in Indo China and the battle of Dien Bien Phu. I like the people on this forum, the general banter and the kindness that I have personally witnessed. So I am delighted that it has rubbed off on you as well.

Hence, I personally wish you a good future and success in all your endeavours.

USMCRET

This is a good forum, there are many of us with great experiences and all are willing to share and we have a very good comradery with each other and always some fun teasing banter. Everyone is very respectful of each others' services and all give some really good advice to aspirants. The Greens, legionnaires share what is required and give the aspirants sound advice on the culture of the Legion and what to expect. People like Chas, Sexpert, ArtyFO, Pink Floyd, and all of our other Veterans on the forum give insight on what it is to serve. Many of us are retired, Joseph served over 17-years in the Legion, I served a little over 20-years in the US Marine Corps, and others served their enlistments with honor.

Just as ArtyFO stated our friend DCXLVI is a very good person. I am not afraid to say it here, I sent a care package to him in Mali. A care package from home is always a great motivational and welcomed gift. Simple things like peanut butter crackers, a jar of peanut butter, nuts, dried fruit, Poggie Bait as we called it in the Marine Corps, and a little note does wonders for the morale of someone on an Operational Exercise as the Legion refers to it, we call it a Deployment.

We are Veterans and we know how to come to the aid of each other and how to support each other.

Semper Fidelis my friends.
USMCRET

(...) I made some friends just by making connections here on this site. One of those is DCLXVI. I came home from work today to this huge care package stuffed with goodies. He is also going to be helping me get into good shape. In my opinion he is a very good representative of the Legion. Heart of gold and true to his word. (...)
The fact that he sent it & kept his word shows good character.

I needed a place to display the beret.
Cap badge should be silver... The Cavalry :D

This is a good forum, there are many of us with great experiences and all are willing to share and we have a very good comradery with each other and always some fun teasing banter. Everyone is very respectful of each others' services and all give some really good advice to aspirants. The Greens, legionnaires share what is required and give the aspirants sound advice on the culture of the Legion and what to expect. People like Chas, Sexpert, ArtyFO, Pink Floyd, and all of our other Veterans on the forum give insight on what it is to serve. Many of us are retired, Joseph served over 17-years in the Legion, I served a little over 20-years in the US Marine Corps, and others served their enlistments with honor.

Just as ArtyFO stated our friend DCXLVI is a very good person. I am not afraid to say it here, I sent a care package to him in Mali. A care package from home is always a great motivational and welcomed gift. Simple things like peanut butter crackers, a jar of peanut butter, nuts, dried fruit, Poggie Bait as we called it in the Marine Corps, and a little note does wonders for the morale of someone on an Operational Exercise as the Legion refers to it, we call it a Deployment.

We are Veterans and we know how to come to the aid of each other and how to support each other.

Semper Fidelis my friends.
USMCRET
Good post bro.

If I remember correctly the rim of the beret should be two fingers above the eyebrow. Reminds me of the old saying képi/béret at 45 degrés is a sign of a laid back/lax attitude. :sneaky:
I need to unfk that. Thanks for the tip.

(...)We are Veterans and we know how to come to the aid of each other and how to support each other. (...)
Couldn't agree with you more.

(...) Hence, I personally wish you a good future and success in all your endeavours.
Thank you, sir.

USMCRET

Cap badge should be silver... The Cavalry :D
We used to tease our buddy Gene, he was with us on Recruiting Duty, but his specialty was a tanker, a Master Gunner on M1A1 Abrams. So Colton and I would look at Gene and in a retarded voice say Gene, Big Gun Go Boom, and he'd get pissed and we would laugh our ass off. In the Corps you always hear YATYAS = if You Ain't Tracks You Ain't Shit.

Sexpert wants to come back as a legionnaire in the REC and work his way up to brigadier-chef. And who can blame him? :love:
Silver not Gold, damned tankers and Calvary, hahahah. Would Sexpert wear an old Cavalry Cover (hat) like Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
I need to unfk that. Thanks for the tip.
http://www.unor-reserves.fr/ressources pdf, xls, doc/Instruction 10300 - Port de la tenue AdT.pdf

This is taken from the rules of dress code in the French Army. There are strict codes of dress, as for most modern armies. You'll find an annex for the Legion on page 89. I noticed that it even covers pregnant women, obviously not Legion, but just to give an example.
The first thing the caporal de jour does before he presents the section to the Sergent de jour who presents the section to... is to check over each legionnaire's uniform, which includes le port du béret (no Pink Floyds, if you please)
1541815341395.png

French Army issued combat trousers side pockets measure 20 cm long. The distance between the tip of your thumb, to the tip of your middle finger (hand expanded) is 20 cm (average. .something evry buddy must know, is how long is there's, + / - . Will come in handy some day, to measure detonating cords and fuses... or how many more tiles you will need to finish the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most viewed threads of the week