a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chas in HK

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
So, at the moment they are not equiped with
And i was right that they didn't want the HK 416 (over heating)

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
if they want it up to the standards of the FFL then they have a lot to do. Fitness standards i mean. Near where i live there is a German Para Regiment. Not near the standards of British Paras or the Legions REP:
My family lives in Ebersbach and Heidelberg. The current state of the German military is terrible under funded and overworked. Theres a more than a 1000 troops in Mali/Senegal as well as being NATO's second highest troop contributor in Afghan with more than 1100 troops. Frau Merkel and her posse are fecking up big time.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
well i only shot the normal issue weapons in the Brit Army, SLR, SA80 (first model), SMG (my personal weapon) LMG, JIMPY (loved it), Charlie-G anti tank, 9mm Browning pistol. but i was Artillery & played with Big Guns....:ROFLMAO:

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Learnt my marksmanship principles with a SLR (7.62mm). Came in very handy later on knowing how to use a 7.62 effectively. A lot of blokes were uncomfortable when firing the bigger calibre after only firing the 5.56 round.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Learnt my marksmanship principles with a SLR (7.62mm). Came in very handy later on knowing how to use a 7.62 effectively. A lot of blokes were uncomfortable when firing the bigger calibre after only firing the 5.56 round.
Yes you had to really be a good shot to be marksman on the SLR, when the Sa80 came in there were more marksman around ..LOL. SLR had a Kick. Marksmanship principles had to be Spot on.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Where was the picture taken Chas?

Jo san sailo,;)

I was based in Mong Kok chaigun. As a former RM I was grabbed by a former Para and o/c EU/Kln/West to become a Pln cdr. They were as you know the crack unit with white helmets. After my performance I joined them full time having earnt my white helmet.
Scene location Nathan Road.

WanChai

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
@Chas. The renovation of the Central Police HQ aka Victoria Prison, Central has recently been completed and I had a look around the other day. Fascinating.
You might remember it looking like this: http://www.eyeshenzhen.com/content/2018-06/06/content_19264219.htm
They have done an excellent job in renovating - the barracks and parade ground have been well preserved as have the surrounding buildings (Central Magistracy etc). The highlight was seeing the prison cells, all the old kit the police used, and all the ledgers from prisoner details to notes from the rounds.
Incidentally I was up in the New Territories recently and came across all the old tunnels from the war - Gin Drinkers Line - and took a short stroll along 'Shaftesbury Avenue'
Also if you want a browse through this:
https://www.bookdepository.com/Poli...72064?ref=grid-view&qid=1545100483117&sr=1-16
drop me a private message with your address and I will pop it in the post.