a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

Cloggy

Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
hey guys thanks for adding me. As my forum name suggests i am from the Netherlands and i did 5 years in the Dutch Army. It was a lot of fun but i worked mainly in Logistics and gained my truck and forklift Licences. I now work as a truck driver for Esso and so carry fuels and chemicals. Maybe this might be useful for the Legion?
Hopefully my english is ok. I have been spending more time on basic French lessons at a night school as i read here it´s best to know some basics when i go. I will be going May or June 2022 . My Fitness and motivation is very high. I enjoy driving all types of vehicles so if i go to an Engineer regiment i would be happy. This will be my first choice if i get in.

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi Cloggy,
Welcome to the forum.
Where are you from in NL? You don't get much Lahmacun in Legion ration packs I'm afraid :)
Anyway - have fun here and I hope we can help you.

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
hey guys thanks for adding me. As my forum name suggests i am from the Netherlands and i did 5 years in the Dutch Army. It was a lot of fun but i worked mainly in Logistics and gained my truck and forklift Licences. I now work as a truck driver for Esso and so carry fuels and chemicals. Maybe this might be useful for the Legion?
Hopefully my english is ok. I have been spending more time on basic French lessons at a night school as i read here it´s best to know some basics when i go. I will be going May or June 2022 . My Fitness and motivation is very high. I enjoy driving all types of vehicles so if i go to an Engineer regiment i would be happy. This will be my first choice if i get in.

Van harte welkom Cloggy. Luister aan de mannen in groen en success!

(For the non-Dutch speakers, I told him to listen to those in green - except to Kronenberg hahaha ;))

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Why not Kronenberg? He's got the best advices here! Many moons ago he mentioned about knitting gloves, beanie, socks out of pubes... Best advice ever!

Of course I'm just kidding hahaha! Now I also want a coordinated set made with my pubes hopefully they'll let me keep them during selection at Aubagne after explaining where they come from

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Why not Kronenberg? He's got the best advices here! Many moons ago he mentioned about knitting gloves, beanie, socks out of pubes... Best advice ever!
HAHAHAHA Tonyus - F@ck me! That goes back to the last century. Those were fun days FFS!

Still trying to hone my post-coital braiding skills - although raw material is in short supply these days!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Cloggy to the forum.

Now you have answered to a question I recently posed about Cloggies.

We called our Dutch counterparts Cloggies in all our multi national exercises.

Chas former RM cdo. Vintage of 1956.

Reaction score
Home Country
Zimbabwe
Welcome Cloggy. I have worked with some fantastic Dutch Royal Marines and Para's funny guys each and every one of them. Great soldiers and excellent mates. Good luck on here and in the Legion chum. Keep us posted.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Used to love a mad weekend in Amsterdam when we were stationed in Germany, met a few very interesting Dutch guys in Spain post legion good guys not military well far from military more into logistics 😜

Gallowglass

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Welcome to the forum Cloggy, but I've got to ask, what are you waiting for? You've said it yourself, your fitness and motivation are very high. So just go for it. You're ex-military and with the driving experience you have you should be ideal material for the Legion. You could hitchhike to Paris in less than a day from the Netherlands. If you're serious about joining, then resign your job, pack your bags and go. Anything else is either day-dreaming or excuses.

I'm not having a go at you, but I feel like there's too much talk and not enough action from newcomers joining the forum and saying they want to join the Legion. It's a simple process, make sure you can fulfill the requirements, get to Paris or Aubagne and walk through the gate.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I no a good brain surgeon if it helps amazing man even put one in a empty hole. Don’t no if you have considered getting one done? Have a good day🥊

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Don’t give them the air they do desperately want, sad sad people best to file 13 them and move on, normally Billy No Mates and they wonder why really sad we should create a sub room with a Mod that’s trained in Mental Health.