a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• The Forum will be unavailable within a few hours while we are fixing/upgrading

Coldwar Veterans

Reaction score
Home Country
Wales
Respect Chas. Don't have trouble with you. Thing is "Cold War veteran" is taken here in terms of PTSD and other bad things which have bad influence on veterans of a real armed conflict. I don't think it's fair to compare cold war with real war.
And when someone saying cold war veteran in that manner I think he is thinking like "that was war of our generation", "It was real to us" . No it's not. Cold war or political tensions are far from real armed conflict.
If I'm wrong and David was simply thinking about army veterans from period of Cold War that I apologize. But there is difference between Cold war veteran and veteran from period of cold war.
I read your words and discussed it with my mentors. We all agree and fall in to line with your views. I stand corrected, its a view we hadn't considered before. But we like it