Commonwealth recruitment.

Effective today the requirement for commonwealth citizens to have resided in the UK for 5 years to be able to enlist has been scrapped.

The RN are recruiting immediately. I suspect this may also relate to the RM.

The Army will start recruiting early next year.

BBC News today.

SnafuSmite

Might be good might not. Let's hope they screen the people properly. Last thing we need is 3 rd World Trash in the British forces.
No offense Sexpert but the 3rd world trash always came running when the "empire" needed help. I for one am glad that the UK is opening up for us Commenwealth folk. Might be another option for some of us.

Transgenders, queers...all welcome. No offence taken but the British Army is not what it was ...i can say that & it will get worse if they take anyone. At least if you live in the UK for some years you have a history they can check. Soon any rag head Terrorist will Slip through the net. Just my opinion.

Most of the serving members of Armed Forces were both disgusted and dismayed by this pathetic and ill conceived advertisement.

The OAMAAM site was full of bile castigating the advertisement.

The top brass still remains out of touch with the rank and file and middle ranking officers.

They remain PC bureaucrats looking to their pensions. How we have declined as a military.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Transgenders, queers...all welcome. No offence taken but the British Army is not what it was ...i can say that & it will get worse if they take anyone. At least if you live in the UK for some years you have a history they can check. Soon any rag head Terrorist will Slip through the net. Just my opinion.
Bloody hell which army are they advertising for the Salvation? !

Most of the serving members of Armed Forces were both disgusted and dismayed by this pathetic and ill conceived advertisement.

The top brass still remains out of touch with the rank an file and middle ranking officers.

They remain PC bureaucrats looking to their pensions. How we have declined as a military.
It's changed too much & i'm worried about the security aspects. Who will Slip through the net. It will happen. Anyway rant over.

USMCRET

I am sorry if I offend, Sexpert and Chas are right, this is pure shit

USMCRET

The top brass still remains out of touch with the rank and file and middle ranking officers.

Hear Hear, well said Chas

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Is Hong Kong included ?
No mate, since the Brits gave up HK they are no longer included. Here's a list:
The Commonwealth’s 53 member countries span Africa, Asia, the Americas, Europe and the Pacific. All members subscribe to the Commonwealth’s values and principles, outlined in the Commonwealth Charter.

Leaders of member countries shape Commonwealth policies and priorities. Every two years, they meet to discuss issues affecting the Commonwealth and the wider world at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting. All members have an equal say – regardless of size or economic stature. This ensures even the smallest member countries have a voice in shaping the Commonwealth.

• Antigua and Barbuda
  • Australia
  • Bahamas, The
  • Bangladesh
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Botswana
  • Brunei Darussalam
  • Cameroon
  • Canada
  • Cyprus
  • Dominica
  • Fiji Islands
  • Gambia, The
  • Ghana
  • Grenada
  • Guyana
  • India
  • Jamaica
  • Kenya
  • Kiribati
  • Lesotho
  • Malawi
  • Malaysia
  • Maldives
  • Malta
  • Mauritius
  • Mozambique
  • Namibia
  • Nauru
  • New Zealand
  • Nigeria
  • Pakistan
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Samoa
  • Seychelles
  • Sierra Leone
  • Singapore
  • Solomon Islands
  • South Africa
  • Sri Lanka
  • St. Kitts-Nevis
  • St. Lucia
  • St. Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Swaziland
  • Tonga
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • Tuvalu
  • Uganda
  • United Kingdom
  • United Republic of Tanzania
  • Vanuatu
  • Zambia

USMCRET

one of my sons was going to join the British army i told him don´t.. i´m honestly disgusted.
Prior to President Trump, Obama, and all Democrats prior to him, feel as if the military is their own little social experiment. That's NOT what the Military is, it is I will punch you in the Fecking Mouth, I will destroy you, and NO, I WILL NOT BE POLITICALLY CORRECT so F your feelings.

Prior to President Trump, Obama, and all Democrats prior to him, feel as if the military is their own little social experiment. That's NOT what the Military is, it is I will punch you in the Fecking Mouth, I will destroy you, and NO, I WILL NOT BE POLITICALLY CORRECT so F your feelings.
Donald Trump is the best thing that happened to the US of A. well he would be great we share the same first name & he´s got scots blood i believe ;)

Most viewed threads of the week