a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commonwealth recruitment.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yes, the Tommy Robinson incident that Sexpert posted.

The guy is quite nutty, but the threat to be discharged or have a military career set back or cut short makes a bad impression.
yes i agree.. is a video on youtube about the the officer but i won´t post it too much bad language. where the officer swears non stop.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Transgenders, queers...all welcome. No offence taken but the British Army is not what it was ...i can say that & it will get worse if they take anyone. At least if you live in the UK for some years you have a history they can check. Soon any rag head Terrorist will Slip through the net. Just my opinion.

I won't pretend to agree with all your statement dude, afterall, those queers can stop a bullet just as good as you or I but what the actual f*ck is that advert about?!
It's an embarrassment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
This is a real army advert. I dunno about you guys but I was never a superman, I was the lad who cam from a very average background, who f*cked up at times and struggled but eventually it all came together. Much like the lad in this advert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hold on stop the battle...radio silence so this rag head can pray....wtf?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
This looks better does it not. Recruiting Video from my old Regiment in Hohne Germany. I know a few faces in this video.... LOL. Did my Tracks licence on the m109. 40 Field the lowland Gunners.

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I about lost my mind when that guy put his hand up to silence the radio. This is exactly what civilians would love the military to be. It's the same way in America. They all think "We can try out new ideas for inclusion in the military". My brother is in the US Army, and many of my friends are. They are saying the women are slowing them down and the odd balls like trans and super-gays are causing problems with troop unity and esprit de corps. These are organizations dedicated to war. Should be alpha males only, everyone else GET THE FECK OUT, because in battle, there's no time for political nonsense

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Another vid from 40 ..Shows the old Pack howitzer from the Borneo vets.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
To quote Norm Hooten from the Black Hawk Down movie, "once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that sh*t goes right out the window." The PR machine of modern governments is all about showing how tolerant we all are to show we're fighting against intolerance and injustice, but thats just for show. In combat I doubt very much anyone will give a damn whether you're Muslim, Christian, Buddhist or a transgender LGBTQRSTWYXZ.....blah blah, you've got a job to do, just crack on and do what needs to be done.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
All military plans however well conceived always go awry at some point during the actual action. Then it boils down to the actual participants right down to section level to sort it.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm just wondering who they are trying to kid, the recruits or the public with this video.However, the more Muslims that they get the stronger it will be to stop an exercise to alow people to prey. Is there not a video trying to get people of Jewish faith to join?
I don;t know how it works in recruitment in Aubagne, I can only suppose that Muslims, Jews, Buddhists etc, are asked if they will insist in having time out to prey.
Answer Oui, bleu
answer Non, rouge :sneaky:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I'm just wondering who they are trying to kid, the recruits or the public with this video.However, the more Muslims that they get the stronger it will be to stop an exercise to alow people to prey. Is there not a video trying to get people of Jewish faith to join?
I don;t know how it works in recruitment in Aubagne, I can only suppose that Muslims, Jews, Buddhists etc, are asked if they will insist in having time out to prey.
Answer Oui, bleu
answer Non, rouge :sneaky:
I'm not sure if they would allow this in a real Situation.. LOL. If I was in charge i would tell the guy to piss off. I remember seeing a guy wearing a Turban in Training... He was a decent guy. I'm shocked at the Army now. I even saw a Video of a transgender Officer.. No joke. REME i think. Really creepy now....:oops:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I wonder what would happen if a transgender went to the Legion?:unsure: can I join please Cpl Chef & i want to see action...:D. Probably hit him with the chinning bar

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I thought it was a joke at first.

At the start of video his walking ten meters from VAB to take a compass bearing for city of Mecca so he can pray right way. :)

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
And I remember in 3 REI a trans or tranny was short for a transistor. No not a radio, a pack of 6 Kros 33cl. No-one really knows where the name originated from.
And transistor is also nick for transexuals. :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Carried in a harnais PP 13?
Among other things, yes. Not to mention the taffia in the coffee when we were in jail. Not the bottle, but the taffia (white rhum) poured directly into the marmite. It could be smelt through out the guard house !