Complete birth certificate with “filiation”

Hi, I live in Romania and leaving in 3 months and I've seen on the Legion's recruitment website that they require foreigners to bring with them a “complete birth certificate with filiation obtained less than six months before ideally multilingual”. It is necessary?

Papillon

Legionnaire
If it is on the website? Offical Legion site! Then what do you think? As if you are asking and the advise is their then god help you .

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
If it is on the website? Offical Legion site! Then what do you think? As if you are asking and the advise is their then god help you .
Yes, but tons of guys were been there with only a passport and no one said that they have a problem.

I'm asking that questions for year now and didn't found answer.

Yes, but tons of guys were been there with only a passport and no one said that they have a problem.

I'm asking that questions for year now and didn't found answer.
There are a few post that explains, that you don't need to join but to get rectified (real name back) after a few years of joining the FFL.
Those who took with then the birth certificate had to get it again because theirs was too old. Plus as it was pointed by some greens here, the site can be inaccurate sometimes.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
The Legion asks for a birth certificate less than six months old. Why :rolleyes: ? I don't know maybe in case you've changed your date of birth. I never could understand that. The same as every six months the bureau major asks for 4 ID photos. And when you leave the regiment they give you an envelope with loads of ID photos.

Hi, I live in Romania and leaving in 3 months and I've seen on the Legion's recruitment website that they require foreigners to bring with them a “complete birth certificate with filiation obtained less than six months before ideally multilingual”. It is necessary?
Reading the page (at address https://en.legion-recrute.com/mdl/info_seul.php?id=6&idA=59&block=20&idA_SM=0&titre=administratives), my understanding is that these documents are not mandatory but will “facilitate administrative procedures”... I very much doubt all candidates show up with a birth certificate. Having said that, you can contact them and verify, their details are provided.

Most viewed threads of the week