a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could someone please translate my medical discharge paper ?

vaatth

Reaction score
Home Country
Hungary
I was in Aubagne in this summer.
I probably passed the medical, however i got called back to the medical building. No one was there just the staff. I saw in their faces as they thinking about: what the hell this kid doing here ? I asked the same - It was late afternoon. After a hour or more i got that paper.
The reason why i am wrote this little story is because it still makes me think. - Everyone who had any questionable medical problem was sent away directly after medical. - Except me .

AubMed.jpg

vaatth

Reaction score
Home Country
Hungary
- They only told me that i have to do an xray because of my back - spine - whatever . The doctor told me nothing.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
From what I can make out, they want to know with an X-Ray the degree of “scoliose” (scoliosis) on your rachis dorso-lombaire. 5 discs . 35° is considered severe. The cost of the X-Ray is at your charge. Hope this helps.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Thank you for sharing your story with us. Can you tell us bit more about your voyage?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
- They only told me that i have to do an xray because of my back - spine - whatever . The doctor told me nothing.
Hi vaatth, I'm not really sure of what it is you want to know. What I am sure of is that you did not bother to say hello, or introduce yourself, you just presented a form written in both French and English asking for complimentary x-rays, and?
I'm also sure that seeing as it is clearly written, that a Hungarian doctor would understand what is needed. One good thing that your little adventure will help others with; if you are not sure ask ! Not here in at the forum, but there in Aubagne.
Oh and vaatth, it may say “new member”, under your name but I see that you joined in June 2016.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
This is not a discharge paper. It's the Legion doctor who suspects you have scoliosis and requests a colleague of his to do an X-Ray to confirm the diagnosis and evaluate the seriousness of your medical condition. Below an image of what an X-Ray of a patient with scoliosis looks like... (hope for you it's not as bad). This is the sort of affection that is generally detected when you're a young teenager and should be treated when you're still young and “growing”. Not sure it can be cured when you've reached the adult age.
Did you eventually take this X-Ray ? If yes, what was the outcome ?

1539348363010.png

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
This is not a discharge paper. It's the Legion doctor who suspects you have scoliosis and requests a colleague of his to do an X-Ray to confirm the diagnosis evaluate the seriousness of your medical condition. Below an image of what an X-Ray of a patient with scoliosis looks like... (hope for you it's not as bad). This is the sort of affection that is generally detected when you're a young teenager and should be treated when you're still young and “growing”. Not sure it can be cured when you've reached the adult age.
Did you eventually take this X-Ray ? If yes, what was the outcome ?

View attachment 4033
Good grief, that spine is crooked, are you sure that is scoliosis and not a politician?:unsure:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The thorax protects your vitals (lungs, heart and others). It's mentioned on his document
In my opinion his condition isn't that bad, or if it was, it would of been a straight nein.
For the intrestee, it would be worth your time and money to pass these exams, Legion or not. At least you will know your defaults.

vaatth

Reaction score
Home Country
Hungary
I'm currently writing these lines from a hotel, in Aubagne. Tomorrow i will try my "luck".

mammikoura

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
As said by Rapace, this is not a medical discharge paper. It's just a request for the x-rays. Find a hospital that can help you, get the x-rays, go back to Aubagne, that's all.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
As said by Rapace, this is not a medical discharge paper. It's just a request for the x-rays. Find a hospital that can help you, get the x-rays, go back to Aubagne, that's all.
From what I can gather, I may be wrong, he's just going to try his luck again. Probably hoping that the Doc. will have forgotten that he sent him for complimentary x-rays.
Good luck. However, it does make you wonder why he even asked for advice.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
He will have to pay how much for a X - Ray in France ?
Good question mate! Why he didn't have it done the day after he was sent away is another good question. Anyway, I hope that the bits and bobs of advice that were offered him will come in handy, As I understand it he's doing his pull ups around about this time in Aubagne. Pity there is no secret signal between forum members as for free masons ;)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
For référence
If you are a citizen of the Union européenne or Switzerland. ..
You can have any medical costs covered while visiting another européenne country, Switzerland inclu (dont know if Norway is included, i'll check later)
In France, it is called, " CEAM"...carte européenne d' assurance maladie, , and must be ordered before travelling and has a time limit of valaidity...dont know yet but ILL check it out.

A french issued CEAM card is valid for 2 years. Can be renewed but only at the expiry date. ..it will surley be called something different, depending where you are coming from
If at Aubange, and they ask/tell you to go and do some extra exams done. ..keep the facture/bill at all costs. In case of rejection, the bill will help in getting a refund, if you return to your country

CEAM is available to the members of the community européenne and the espace économique

Last edited:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Did the laboratoire who did theX - Ray ...give you a reply/explication to the question being asked by the Legion ?