Covid-19 and joining -Important update

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
My son's 14 and under State Championship for Swimming scheduled for today, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday has been cancelled. All USA Swimming Competitions have been cancelled for the next 30 days. Louisiana State University and other Universities in my state have told their student to switch to online classes. So far, the majority of deaths in the USA have happened in Washington State, in an Old Folks Home, elderly frail individuals. Now 43 States have Covid-19

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
@ USMCRET
I might have or not, dandruff...am still waiting on the Health insurasne experts réponse . Je t' explique pas l' angoisse!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
1584351588390.png

The airport at Chicago, where US citizens returning from Europe had to wait for hours to be checked :eek:. None of your “keep one metre (or 1.09361yards) distance” here. So if you didn't have it before in Europe, there is still a chance that you'll get before “officially” getting through customs and making it on to US soil. o_O
It's funny because on this day in 1867 First publication of an article by Joseph Lister outlining the discovery of antiseptic surgery, in "The Lancet"
A couple of extracts (food for thought)
By 1861, Lister was leading the surgical ward at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary. During this time in history, surgery was performed only when absolutely necessary due to high death rates associated with infections. With little understanding of how germs like bacteria caused disease, surgical procedures were regularly performed in unsanitary conditions.

In 1865, Lister began using carbolic acid (phenol), a substance used in sewage treatment, as an antiseptic to treat compound fracture wounds. These injuries were commonly treated by amputation, as they involved penetration of the skin and significant tissue damage. Lister used carbolic acid for hand washing and treatment of surgical incisions and dressings. He even developed an instrument for spraying carbolic acid into the air in the operating room.
(It is believed that Louis Pasteur and Florence Nightingale* were big contributors to Lister's theory of cleanliness which included hand washing).

Which brings me to the subject of : where is everyone? I don't think that you can catch the Kro 19 from your keyboard at home.

*Flo Nightingale AKA The lady with the lamp because she would often check on patients of the Crimean war during the night.
Florence Nightingale, was an English social reformer and statistician, and the founder of modern nursing. Flo came to prominence while serving as a manager and trainer of nurses during the Crimean War, in which she organised care for wounded soldiers.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I use Wright's traditional Coal Tar Soap. Established in 1860. I first used it in Assam against tropical bugs. I also have a stock of cleansers from several Chinese restaurants. What good they are I do not know !:rolleyes:

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I think time has come that we change name of thread from “Get to France quickly?” to “You are too late, wait for all this to pass!”
In my country the state of emergency has been declared. You can only enter the country with a Serbian passport. Gatherings of more than 50 people are banned and schools are closed.
From what I'm reading France didn't close their borders. Maybe it will because all experts saying that this is just the beginning and the number of people infected will dramatically rise in the next 2 months. Closing borders at this point is meaningless. It would work earlier when no cases are confirmed that country or if couple cases coming from abroad are contend .
We can easily multiply numbers of detect cases by 30 to get real number of infected. Now, virus is out there. Closing border won't work.
Don't know if the FFL has closed the gates (anyone knows anything about this?) , but we can expect that they will. Legion recruitment system is good way for spreading virus so... Reasonable thing would be to stop it until things get better.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
So do i when i can get it (coal tar soap)women love the smell...we are closed down here in Nîmes and the rest of France...shops,resteraunts,bars and useless stuff are closed.....phone is giving me jip have bust pipes too
Do not belive the fake news spreading around as fast as this Virus it's not a simple flu,you fool

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Don't know if the FFL has closed the gates (anyone knows anything about this?) , but we can expect that they will. Legion recruitment system is good way for spreading virus so... Reasonable thing would be to stop it until things get better.
Yes, that would be the reasonable thing to do. Too bad for those who have already traveled and won't be able to enter the Legion gates nor get back home...

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Our refugee detention centers are over booked and hotels are underbooked. Might be requisition for their beds to offload the hospitals.

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
As of today France and army are in a bit of a lockdown. Just been to Aubagne to pick some guys up and at the entrance they told me that they are sending away all hopefuls. This will continue till the beginning of April.
Obviously, I can't confirm it with some higher-ups but I've seen some guys leaving and they didn't look happy. I'll ask around and try to confirm this info. Anyways, we'll know in the next few days.
So, heads up.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Pdt Macron will give a speech on the T.V. tonight. No bread in the bakers where I live... Only two or three customers are allowed in at the same time when they do have.
Adds : I can see a curfew being announced.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Pdt Macron declared tonight in a speech on TV “we are at war”. The army will be called to help out the medical services, the borders are to be closed, unnecessary travels are prohibited. Instruction is "stay home". Told you, this is not just a flu.
Tuesday, tomorrow at mid day... Europe will close their borders not within the Schengen espace and at least for a month. Conclusio: do not even attempt to try if you are coming from elsewhere. We here have no right to be on the streets without a valid reason. Wait it out.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Nigeria
From my own point of view, I think this is the best and actual time to join the Legion for those who are based in Europe, because number of applicants will drop drastically, so the few that can make it to the Legion will a good percentage of getting into the Legion.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
A fine of 130€ but acctualy only 35€ for any one out doors with out an attestation from employer or doctor that you can télé charge from the ministre de l'intérieur site. I do not have an imprimante, ffs!
Other exemptions are, close proximité shopping and walking the dog, yup!
As for other europeans entering France...Spain, Germany, Italy and others to follow have already closed their frontière s with France or vice versa
100 00 Gendarmes and Police mobilised to ensure the consigne...sure it concerns mainly the cities and towns but still
Postpone any thoughts about going to France to join la Légion, for the moment
Things will change with time.
Am on the spot and will keep the forum informed to the best of my knowledge, wich is limited at the actu

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Le petit caporal, our 'eye in the sky' or if you prefer 'our 'ear to the ground'. Thanks for keeping us informed mate. I know it's still a long way off, but this may effect the 14th July. I know that the Japs are insisting that the Olympic games will go ahead :unsure:.
A little less important is the footy. PSG and Liverpool are both down to win the league cup. It is with out a doubt, but for those that are due to relegated and those that are hoping to be promoted o_O:cry:.

OK who gives a sh$t, right? However I have got some major news, it's not exactly a scoop, but it's worth noting. All the pubs are closed in Ireland ! WTF :eek: ! And to make matters worse, it's St Paddy's Day.☘☘☘
So to all you Patricks out there (and you know who you are !) have a great day.

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
From my own point of view, I think this is the best and actual time to join the Legion for those who are based in Europe, because number of applicants will drop drastically, so the few that can make it to the Legion will a good percentage of getting into the Legion.
Nope. Because even if you get to the entrance, you'll just get sent away.

Most viewed threads of the week