Covid-19 and joining -Important update

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Perhaps if you had participated a little more on the forum you would know how things worked.
It's all well and good coming on here when you need to ask a question, you are typical of the kind of guy who asks but never gives. The type that once he gets in - if you get in - then that's it : wham bam, thank you Mam.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
In fact you last participated on the forum on June 4th 2018.
Today is ehm :unsure: , anyway we are in 2020.
Demerde toi.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Alright,
I was a bit, no a lot harsh.
Go to Aubagne, today. Tell them that you have not got enough money for staying in the hotel where you were staying in Marseilles.
Explain to them that you have applied to the legion and that you are waiting on a reply,

sorry for being so abrupt.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Just for Dusaboss the amusing forum mascot.

Royal Marines prefer to be modest. It is part of the Commando Ethos. However some history.

On 15 July, 1815 on board the battleship Bellerophon Napoleon surrendered. Having inspected the Captain's guard under command of Capt. George Marshall, he commented on their skill and bravery in action saying ; 'Much might be done with a hundred thousand men such as these.'

On 6 August,1890 on a visit to Eastney Barracks at Southsea/Portsmouth the German Kaiser commented ; 'I consider the British Royal Marine is the best all round fighting man in the world.'

In 1827, H. M. King George, IV and the Duke of Clarence directed that from the difficulty of selecting battle honours amidst so many glorious deeds, the Corps itself should have the Great Globe itself as its emblem, to be surrounded by a Laurel Wreath, retaining Gibraltar as the first great battle honour to represent all previous and subsequent battle honours.

In conclusion there are some superb other Regiments and Corps within the military establishment and they all complement each other with mutual team work. All have their proud histories and individual skills.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Just for Dusaboss the amusing forum mascot.

Royal Marines prefer to be modest. It is part of the Commando Ethos. However some history.
Yeah Chas, I felt and sow modesty of both US and Royal marines. "99.9% of people need not apply" Literally screams modesty. :)

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yeah Chas, I felt and sow modesty of both US and Royal marines. "99.9% of people need not apply" Literally screams modesty. :)
Purely modern recruitment methods and advertising. Nothing more nothing less. It encourages a challenge.
That was what I needed as a callow youth.
Keep posting and kind regards.

hotsauced

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I've just taken a break from it, again. I'll do perhaps another 20 mins and then it's 20 - 30 mins on Word 2019
I have final exams coming up in 3 weeks for school. I basically live in Word, and other document editing software. :eek: Good call on the break. I set a timer for every hour to remind me to get up stretch and do some exercises. I've also been told by an optometrist that you should adjust your eyesight to something afar from your computer screen to help maintain good sight every 45 minutes to an hour.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I just got this from a member of the forum.
This is excellent news :

followed by this :

DAN my main man, Check it out !
I see that France has brought forward their law of wearing masks in public buildings, such as Restaurants, Shops, even train stations, from the 1st of August to Monday.
OK, it was well reported that on public transport, It was strongly recommended to wear a mask, perhaps even law, to the point where a city bus driver was beaten to death because he had asked some "youths" to put on masks.
Why France had originally put the date to August, I can only speculate. Why they brought it forward to Monday, (why not tomorrow:unsure:) seems only logical. it's not really a mystery.
Let's face it most countries were caught with their pants down. This in spite of lessons having been taught in the past. And now after lockdown and it being summer, most people want to let their hair down.
In short, anyone going to join up; as of Monday, had better have a few masks with them.