a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid-19 and joining -Important update

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hey Joseph Cosgrove, How are you ? besides the crazy year 2020 is; I'm doing well. I've been daydreaming and missing the Legion and France everyday. After my attempt at becoming a legionnaire, I went back to Los Angeles. Volunteered at the USMC for almost a year, and met many amazing people. One of the caporaux-chefs told me I should give the USMC a shot, and I'm glad I took his advice. Two of the marine SNCO's loved my story of my attempt at joining the legion, and one of the sergeants is considering joining after his contract is over. Apparently, there are handful of ex-legionnaires in the US military currently, which was pretty cool to hear. I'm over the age limit for the USMC. I'm waiting for my waiver to hopefully go through next month. There's a small chance it will be approved since they're the only branch meeting their recruiting goals, and they're downsizing. Meanwhile, I'm taking French classes, keeping physically fit; my run time is 21 minutes / 5km, 44 minute/10km, and have 20 pull ups :). It's been 3 months since I've done a ruck run, but i was averaging 9 minutes / 2.2km, with 20kg pack. Besides the soul crushing office work and being quarantined. I am prepared for my next move, whether it be earning my eagle globe and anchor or earning the Képi Blanc.

photo_2020-07-09_00-41-40.jpg

I got to meet a US Marine Corps. Sergeant Major and received his challenge coin for volunteering. I know it isn't a crazy award or anything like that, but it was a very humbling experience. Thought I'd share with you guys.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hi hotsauced. Glad to hear from you.
I didn't know anybody who was affected by COVID-19 until yesterday. A very fit nurse from my gym caught COVID-19. The nurse, her son(young child), and her brother(adult) all died due to COVID-19. No other complications or aliments, very healthy and health conscious individual.
How sure you are in truthfulness of this information. Very few children get ill from covid and even fewer die (usually because of other problem). Yes, in this summer virus started to attack younger and healthier population bit more still death rate is pretty low in comparison with older and sick.
When you have child to die from covid that is rare. When you have healthy child died from covid that is extremely rare. When you have, healthy child his, fit mother and her brother all of them died from Covid-19 I would say.. its hard to belive in truthfulness of that. And if it's there is probably unique event or one of 2 in whole world.

Am not saying that Covid doesn't exist. Just say that they lied so much to as so now I don't know what to believe . Also drastic measures are acceptable for short time. If they implement them for years ... then better choice is to take chances, most likely you will survive. Ind if you (me) don't... F it. I won't stay in total lockdown for years.

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi hotsauced. Glad to hear from you.

How sure you are in truthfulness of this information. Very few children get ill from covid and even fewer die (usually because of other problem). Yes, in this summer virus started to attack younger and healthier population bit more still death rate is pretty low in comparison with older and sick.
When you have child to die from covid that is rare. When you have healthy child died from covid that is extremely rare. When you have, healthy child his, fit mother and her brother all of them died from Covid-19 I would say.. its hard to belive in truthfulness of that. And if it's there is probably unique event or one of 2 in whole world.

Am not saying that Covid doesn't exist. Just say that they lied so much to as so now I don't know what to believe . Also drastic measures are acceptable for short time. If they implement them for years ... then better choice is to take chances, most likely you will survive. Ind if you (me) don't... F it. I won't stay in total lockdown for years.

Hey Dussa, I'm glad you're still on active on the forum!
How dead are they? I'll make sure to check their pulse during the funeral (not trying to be snarky ;)). If what I heard from friends and my ear on ground is wrong, I'll make sure to come back and keep you guys updated and correct myself. I'm not trying to push fear mongering or a narrative. Just trying to find a sliver of truth and operational standards for myself and my family at the moment.

How are you parsing the data?
most recently:

children group A = ages 0-5 years old # obviously this subset is more at risk almost at the same level of seniors
children group B = ages 10-18 years old # this subset has the lowest risk
children group C = > 18 years old # this grouping is extremely stupid, grouping children as anybody under 18 years old doesn't give you good analysis

There are more precautions taken when it comes to children group A. Are children under 5 years old severely affected by COVID-19, let alone just influzena or the common cold?
For instance: 10-18 year old has fever, diarrhea, and cough usually doesn't need hospitalization
compared to : 0-5 year old has fever, diarrhea, and cough: I would immediately rush to the hospital.
Am I wrong? I'm not a medical professional.

IMO there's a cultural and evolutionary incentive to keep children group A safer. So, they're less exposed to viruses and harm, their fatality/exposure rate of said (insert virus) doesn't coincide with the larger group of people over the age of 18 years old. It also fits the protocols of the quarantine and shelter in place model some countries are going with.
(This is just speculation, but I might be wrong.)

Fatality rate of children >1% from COVID-19
It isn't a freak or isolated incident like you said Dussa.
(only 2 months of data)

(severe and fatal forms of COVID-19 in children)

(Comparing SARS-CoV-2 with SARS-CoV and influenza pandemics)
For a better understanding from a similar strain with more data

Also if you're just looking at fatality rate, you're not looking at the complete story. (this figure will be adjusted when more data comes out) 30% of adults and children whom had COVID-19 usually survive with scarring in the lungs and respiratory problems (pulmonary fibrosis) for a long time.
(i'll be looking for more credible sources than the telegraph lol)

Healthcare workers and their families especially whom work in the ICU's have significantly more risk in this case my friend who was a nurse, and her family. She worked in a hot spot for COVID-19.
It also seems different geolocations have different mutated strains of the virus as well.

The biggest lies I've seen so far are inflating the numbers of patients on ventilators.
The hospitals have a financial incentive of putting patients on ventilators because they get paid more from the US govn't.
I'm not sure what the rest of the world is like, but this was very well documented in NY and NY's Governor who was asking for 10,000 ventilators but turned out to only need 700 or something like that.

Inflating numbers of covid-19 fatalities.
Ex: patient was going to die of cancer in 1 week but died earlier due to covid-19
Cause of death : COVID-19
I understand the logic behind why; more money.

I'm sorry that this post has been all over the place. Dussa, the only thing I know that's a fact is time will reveal the truth, and now its just a matter of waiting.

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
On the subject about former USMC member joining the FFL. It is well documented that several RMs' served in the FFL and vice versa. There are two members currently on this forum.:)

I met three Royal Marines whilst in paradise. Those gents are studs and squared away. Never seen such muscular men run so fast on the beep test. After we all got cut lose we headed to the cafe for drinks. One of them a welsh man couldn't drink if his life depended on it. He started puking all over the cafe chairs. We felt terrible for the waitress so we tipped her extremely well, and cleaned up the sick for her. She provided the bucket and mop :) .

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I met three Royal Marines whilst in paradise. Those gents are studs and squared away. Never seen such muscular men run so fast on the beep test. After we all got cut lose we headed to the cafe for drinks. One of them a welsh man couldn't drink if his life depended on it. He started puking all over the cafe chairs. We felt terrible for the waitress so we tipped her extremely well, and cleaned up the sick for her. She provided the bucket and mop :) .

I was a wiry little squirt. but survived. Even now I can't believe it. Ne pas subir. It was bloody hard. God knows why I was put up for a commission. However 2 years + in the ranks helped in many ways. (Baby faced Mustang.)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Of course! US and UK marines are best soldiers in the world!!! Can we ever have debate or doubts in that? Of course not! Guys here tell as that as fact all the time. Is there any proof behind those claims? Of course not. That it's just regular information here so it's taken as fact and it is never questioned!
After marines coming other all Anglo-units. I mean all of them! National guards with bellies over their dicks, guys who probably never shoot rifle in their life. etc.
As long as your native language is English... you are fine and good soldier and other things do not affect much anything.

Then, after all of those Anglo "fellows"coming FFL and their soldiers. As you may guess, native English is still very important factor!

Than, we have all other people in alliance with NATO. (There is some deviation there but it's too much details ;)).

If your country was in ex Eastern bloc, or even if it is not. (but you have Slavic origin) Sorry, :( but you belong in category of lowest of low! So you don't deserve real assault rifle only broomstick or mixing spoon if you are really good.
People here know really good that you folks are inferior to them and they can't give you refile in hand just like that. Maybe ... just maybe, if you are really good-boy maybe. after 3 years you can write a complaint and than ...Hay, it's not me who deciding so important issue. ;)

Kind regards. Dušan!

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
it was today the 11th of July 1995 7,000 Bosnian Muslim men are massacred when Bosnian Serbs overrun the UN 'safe haven' of Srebrenica
Terrible war crime and final nail on "Serbs-bad guys" coffin.
I would shed some lights on that event. So massacres didn't happen 11th July. It happened in days to flow and is not one single event. It's more separated killings witch took place in week or two after 11th July
11th July Operation "Krivaja" took place. which was offensive of Army of Republika Srpska (Bosnian Serbs) on town Srebrenica. Town was under Holand UN forces and it should be demoralized zone, but it wasn't. It was used as base and safe haven for couple thousand of Bosnian Muslims who were still under arms and launching operations on surrounding villages (also doing war crimes) in years before 95. So they (Bosnian Serbs) taking over city and capturing all military capable men and taking them as POW. That part is legit. what followed, isn't.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
And who was the General commanding the UNPROFOR at the time?....I had an opportunity to shoot the w@nker at the time and his theiving staff driver but only the intervention of the guard Sgt prohibited me for doing so...this was in 94

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Home Country
Mongolia
Hello i came to marseille on 11 th of july and send my form and still no reply and im running out of money should i go straight to aubagne ? what should i do