a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid-19 and joining -Important update

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I have just seen that in France you must now have to have been tested before leaving the country for covid 19. The question is are they now going to do the same thing for those people who arrive in the country? Remembering that the results take 48 hours. What about those who are in transit?

I found this:
"Arrivals to French airports from "at risk" countries will be required to take a Covid-19 test or show proof they have done one before flying.
Travellers arriving by air into France from at-risk countries will now be “systematically” tested for Covid-19 upon arrival, the French government has announced.
Up to 2,000 PCR (polymerase chain reaction Covid-19) tests per day could be performed in French airports by around 40 dedicated staff, new government spokesperson Gabriel Attal said this Sunday (July 12) on the television programme BFM Politique in partnership with newspaper Le Parisien.
The tests will only be in place for passengers arriving into France from countries in which the virus is still circulating, he said. These countries are considered to be “red” or “at-risk”.
The tests will be free, health minister Olivier Véran said."

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
And what is with my country? We are not allowed to travel with or without test.
On the official French website:
People arriving from the following countries: Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay will no longer be subject to restrictions on the grounds of preventing risks linked to the COVID-19 epidemic when entering Metropolitan France.
Unfortunately Serbia is not on the list. The list was last updated on the July 1st

Ok, it is now July 18 :unsure: :love::ROFLMAO:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
8 / 9 € for a box of 10 masks...chemists and super markets, 3 € the mask at the bureau du tabac (cigarette counter)
2 . 40 for a bottle of 100 ml antibacterial gel from the chemists
6 / 7 € for a bottle of 500 ml of antibacterial gel and from the chemists
I buy the big bottle and fill up my smaller bottles... it's always that saved

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
On the official French website:
People arriving from the following countries: Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay will no longer be subject to restrictions on the grounds of preventing risks linked to the COVID-19 epidemic when entering Metropolitan France.
Unfortunately Serbia is not on the list. The list was last updated on the July 1st

Bet you that tomorrow is going to be the 19 th..time will prove me right?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Yeah Joe, they (EU) let us in on July 1. Just 2 weeks after that It was announced that citizens of Serbia (and Montenegro!) are not welcome anymore because of current Covid situation in those countries.

When are government, some 2 months ago announce how we successfully almost defeated corona and situation in our country is almost perfect and fine. I thought that we did something good and all that "police hours" (That how is here called restriction of movement and we had that a lot it in past time) in vain.

I had no doubt that we did this right. It thought we going through this with minimal losses, or government know what they doing and everything would be fine. Wrong !!!
They just once again lied to us and this time i think it was so bizarre and so ridiculous like never in past. They just adjusted numbers so they can feed their campaign and hold elections in which they won convincingly.
Just week (or less) after elections cases of corona start to rise dramatically, so much so we ar now red zone in EU and no one won't let as in with or without test! And that is not biggest problem. They (except for a few countries which know as little better) opened borders based on our promise and"word of honor". Then they realized that we were lying and that we probably never had drop in number of cases! Do you know how many time need to pass in order for them to let us in? I will tell you! we would probably be among lest countries gaining access to EU.

I mean that is just tip of iceberg. So much things not functioning properly here... I just don't have energy to fight to make them better. It's so much engraved in brains and mentality of people here... but I guess not so much because if they go to west (or any properly organized country) Our folk changing mentality drastically and accepting better options.

Anyway Joe it's not just poor - rich country thing. My country is not the poor if compared to other non European countries. But system is so dirty and corrupt that you simply can't live here. Even if you like here so much and have means for survival!

Many people here saying that we need to change government, we need to change president (who decides about everything) and everything would be fine. I'm old enough and smart enough to understand that wouldn't change things much. We already had revolution 20 y ago and not much was changed.
My only future is in some Western country (or other, New Zealand maybe? :)). Anyway, not many people there are willing to accept me. In other hand they accepting black and brown people of Muslum religion with open hands. But if you are White Ortodox trashanory... F-of! We don't need you, it's not woke enough to support you and accept you so nobody cares ... Those double standards are just .... unbelievable. :)

I really don't know what to do Joe. If I knew where this is leading, would I go to FFL right after high school.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Never mind trying to deter people with a simple fine ; not wearing a mask, congregating in groups of more than X amounts of people,
Zim. has the answer:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53462259

I feel that other world leaders should follow suit.
The only problem is where will they keep the people in order to stop the virus spreading even more?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
That's brilliant idea! How to stop diseases transmitted by air and close contact? Put large number of people together in small space. :)

I see that all over the world. When certain measures not only do they not work, but actually helping to spread virus. For example we had that curfew starting from 5pm to 5am. People were more or less going out same as anytime, but now you have more people in shorter time spent and you just making situation worse.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
8 / 9 € for a box of 10 masks...chemists and super markets, 3 € the mask at the bureau du tabac (cigarette counter)
2 . 40 for a bottle of 100 ml antibacterial gel from the chemists
6 / 7 € for a bottle of 500 ml of antibacterial gel and from the chemists
I buy the big bottle and fill up my smaller bottles... it's always that saved
As always the big winners in any epidermie are the pharmaceutical laboratories and the chemists. Which is why Russia is trying to steal the results of the UK's break through in Covid 19 vaccine.
I'm sure that it's all a mistake though ;)
UK accuses Russia of 'despicable' hacking attacks on▶ COVID-19 researchers,

It looks as though the UK will be the first ▶to make the big breakthrough, Unless of course the Russkies beat them to it.

Reaction score
Home Country
Armenia
J'ai une question?
My country are in contact with Hungary that will let us in with a negative valid 72 hours covid test result .my question is if i arrive to Hungary would I be able to take a bus or train to Marseille without any problems at the borders? Does any body have a clue if c'est possible? I never been in Europe only once in Greece i have no idea how the boarders are working there.

Reaction score
Home Country
Armenia
It's delicate at the moment...i suggest, you wait it out
Yeah my mind tells me the same but my heart is in the legion been waiting two years for the right time seems that there will never be the right time we just have to take a chance. if there is a possible path then i would like to be on it. any way Im not going to jump on the first plane I want to wait until the end of august but time is running short the summer nearly ends and im not getting any younger

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
It is not your heart dictating what you should do... but your itching feet, am sure it originatess from your perso situation....
Build your beef in the meantime and stop smoking
Smoking the last cigarette never helped the condemned...in front of a firing squad
It's a bit like, asking to suckle mother's breast before being shot!
Wait this crap out and train up
Post Chisse : how good is your french?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
J'ai une question?
My country are in contact with Hungary that will let us in with a negative valid 72 hours covid test result .my question is if i arrive to Hungary would I be able to take a bus or train to Marseille without any problems at the borders? Does any body have a clue if c'est possible? I never been in Europe only once in Greece i have no idea how the boarders are working there.
Why would you want to go through Hungary? Why not just get cheap flight to any mailand European country, except Spain, and then get a train or bus?

Reaction score
Home Country
Armenia
Why would you want to go through Hungary? Why not just get cheap flight to any mailand European country, except Spain, and then get a train or bus?
Because we are only allowed to travel for tourism to Greec,Cyprus and most lately soon Hungary . Other reasons need a legitimate proof of visit professionals, diplomats, and etc

Reaction score
Home Country
Armenia
It is not your heart dictating what you should do... but your itching feet, am sure it originatess from your perso situation....
Build your beef in the meantime and stop smoking
Smoking the last cigarette never helped the condemned...in front of a firing squad
It's a bit like, asking to suckle mother's breast before being shot!
Wait this crap out and train up
Post Chisse : how good is your french?
I don't smoke nothing frere the air is contaminated enough.
Mon francais est bon. je etudie tous les jour je lire et ecris beaucoup

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
My answer to a PM:
Sorry about the delay, our internet has been down since 09:00 this morning.
The French ask that you have proof of being tested less than 72 hrs before entering France. Otherwise, since last week, it is obligatory for the members of 16 countries to have it done at the arrival airport.

Thus, proof of a negative test of less than 72 hours will be mandatory for passengers from four countries:

United States

United Arab Emirates

Bahrain

Panama

Travelers from the following countries will be tested upon arrival in France:

Algeria

Turkey

• South Africa

Brazil

Chile

Israel

India