a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid-19 and joining -Important update

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Ski stations remain shut (that's a big industry here in France)
Oh yes. I saw on the news that there has been a lot of cancellations, especially from abroad. Basically coming from outside of France is dodgy, as the government has not given any clear plan to follow. For example toy shops -I know that I'm heading away a bit from the subject- but instead of keeping 4 meters of distance, you now have to keep 8 meters.

A grandparent with their grandchild count as 1 person. 2 parents with 2 children count as 2 people. So dividing the number of people by the space available ∴ less people. I mean how can you pick out presents with people queueing up waiting outside?

Back to the ski slopes. Hotels are are open and a lot of the chalets are self catering. surely the fresh mountain air will do people better than staying indoors surrounded by their same four walls. Not to mention that the people who are part time i.e. students who work in the ski resort every year. Also those who work only during the winter period.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Théâtres can open but cinémas are shut...go figure
Money. I'd say it's because you need about ten to a hundred times as many people to run a Theatre than a cinema. The intermittent du spectacle or the extra hands in France or a big noise. The even go on strike! They have a lot of clout in France. It's the same as the Operas, it wouldn't surprise me if they're open too.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The confinement in France ends today but a curfew from 20 h to 06 h is in place. I can spend all day out side if I want but I won't because it's fkn raining and fkn cold and fkn windy
No more paper attestations are needed
If your train or plane arrives after 20 h the ticket serves as proof
Obviously, (I suppose) Legion recruitment is normal

Reaction score
Home Country
Switzerland
The confinement in France ends today but a curfew from 20 h to 06 h is in place. I can spend all day out side if I want but I won't because it's fkn raining and fkn cold and fkn windy
No more paper attestations are needed
If your train or plane arrives after 20 h the ticket serves as proof
Obviously, (I suppose) Legion recruitment is normal
Finnaly the sh$t with atestion is over. Such a pain in the @ss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Nowt much has changed in visual
Okay i do not have to bother with written attestations and can now travel for 30 klick from my domicile for a 3 hour period...
To go where, most shops are closed?
It's fkn tuffle season, FFS

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
LPC,
What about public transport and traffic in general within France? For example, starting next week I will need a special pass to go to work - you can't go from one county/district to another without it, no more than 40% of the capacity in buses and trains. In France?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
One seat in two of public transport is Interdit to sit
Trafic is less of course and we breath easier
Most shops are shut
Black Friday was cancelled snd the January sales probably too
Went to the hospital the day before the morn (atropine test)
Fkn strike
Waited an hour for my bus and an hour for the return trip
I have a couple of ex legionnaires who are ancien legionnaires who drive buses and taxis
Taxis and bus
Okay it will cost me a bit extra....but what the fk has the budget got to with it when you want... efficacy?

Last edited:

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Big risk for his wife, considering the most endangered groups of population.
Big chance for a swap, if he wants one. Just saying.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
All the countries in the EU are authorized to start on the same day.
The European Medicine Agency has just given approval for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccin... injections will probably start by the end of December. It's only for over 16s

The Brits have been at it for 2 weeks now. there is a new strain of Covid out in GB which means that since yesterday GB is isolated from the rest of the world for 48 hours, which is not good news for the immigrants.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Vaccinations begin today and for most of the europe
France ordered 200 million copies....(65 million population)
It will be done by categories (auld first and medical persons)
Apparently, you need to be jabbed twice with a three week interval in between jabs
According to the latest stats, only 40 % of the French are intending getting vaccinated
......am hesitating my self to tell you the truth

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Curfew as from Saturday will be..18 h 00 to 0 6 h and will last a minimum of 15 days
No one without exceptional reasons must be outdoors
135 € fine if not
Any one coming from a country outside of the European community must present a Negative test report less than 72 hrs
* 7 day isolation for non europeans
That last point, am not sure if it's for all non europeans even if they test neg
Will find out
L.P.C.
Adds: Even if you have a Neg test less than 72 hrs, you still have to go into isolation for at least 7 days
Frontier controls to be reinforced

Last edited by a moderator: