Covid-19 and joining

V 2.0

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Hungary
So... Joining isn't possible at the moment, that's official, but does anyone know anything about leaving? Does the pandemic affect legionnaires who are towards the end of their contract? 2020 was supposed to be the year when the 2015 recruitment surge is having its first 'echo', having to replace all the people who got in when the 13e DBLE was made into a proper regiment. If people can leave just the same, that regiment should be losing compagnies worth of people, no?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I think USA don't taking this serious enough. They refusing to take any acute measures, give up personal freedoms or put businesses at hold and we would see massive rise in new cases in that country. From what statistic saying us measure for now not showing any results in most other countries so in that case doesn't really matter...

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
So... joining isn't possible at the moment, that's official. But does anyone know anything about leaving? Does the pandemic affect legionnaires who are towards the end of their contract? 2020 was supposed to be the year when the 2015 recruitment surge is having its first 'echo', having to replace all the people who got in when the 13DBLE was made into a proper regiment. If people can leave just the same, that regiment should be losing compagnies worth of people, no?
Good question, I would think that they would either keep them at the CAPLE, or most likely send them down to Malmousque, which is the legion's vacation center until the crises is over.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I think USA don't taking this serious enough. They refusing to take any acute measures, give up personal freedoms or put businesses at hold and we would see massive rise in new cases in that country. From what statistic saying us measure for now not showing any results in most other countries so in that case doesn't really matter...
Bruh... You're talking out the side of your neck*. In my county alone, the bars and schools are closed until further notice. Granted, for the most part it's business as usual; but please understand that coercing Americans to do anything is like herding cats.

* to give an uninformed opinion; to fabulate; to talk unwisely or unguardedly.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
but please understand that coercing Americans to do anything is like herding cats.
Not only Americans . In a time of crisis like this it's a bliss to live in province. In highly urban areas, people have a lot less options / elbow space . Their habit is to go out whatever happens.
I was awaken this morning with 5.5 (by Richter scale) earthquake. For now, only material damage.
Yesterday was pretty bad here, the number of infected is escalating like they predicted. This earthquake is making like some biblical thing going on.
(🐸the frog I mentioned before is making duck faces and smiling at me, :oops::cautious:)

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
So I think it was Dusa who asked (a general question?) what is your country doing about the Kro virus - if I'm not mistaken.
Well as of today, Yesterday the system wasn't in place, they are now taking your temperature at the entrance to the shopping mall, or at least the one which is nearest to us. I think that most of you know me by now, that I'm not a BSer. Once you have had your temperature taken they then show it to you, you are then given a sticker, today's was green, perhaps tomorrow's another color? and then you are free to come and go as you like.

.IMG_20200322_135133.jpg
The average person's temp is 37 Celsius or 98,6 F if you are American. We arrived at after 11:00 - because while Erika went shopping, I went to the 7 eleven to get a beer, so it had to be after 11:00 because they will not sell you beer before hand.
Erika's temperature was 36.1 and mine was 36.2. And this was after 20 minutes bike riding :unsure:o_O

IMG_20200322_135258.jpg

So Dusa, don't worry about us we;re in safe hands.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Bruh... You're talking out the side of your neck*. In my county alone, the bars and schools are closed until further notice. Granted, for the most part it's business as usual; but please understand that coercing Americans to do anything is like herding cats.

* to give an uninformed opinion; to fabulate; to talk unwisely or unguardedly.
Don't take it personally. I didn't said that US don't do anything. I'm familiar with measure talking in your country.

Of course I don't have idea what actually situation on the ground is (that's why am asking you and others here). Formed my opinion by watching couple American shows with that subject and by watching statistic of newly infected in US. And that curve doesn't look good in last couple days. I think is actually fastest growing. Let's see in next week or two what happens and hope that my predictions are wrong.
Also knowing how American medical and economic system works. Then huge prison population. And when I'm listening those shows Im maintained that behaving like my country did before just 2 weeks. And now they drastically changed opinion.
It wouldn't be easy to limit freedom of movement to US sizes in any way. You still didn't banned domestic flights (and believe me you will). I don't know, let's see what happens and hope that my predictions that virus will spread rapidly through USA are wrong (if serious measures ain't taken on time)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
My village is in total shutdown and I have lived here for over 30 years.

No doubt that is why I am avoided. Possibly the stray dogs and cats will do the same.

A good job in respect to these quadrapeds. I had suspected rabies many years ago in Assam resulting in 7 injections to the stomach. Never again 'thank you'.

kkillert0fu

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Now that I'm thinking about it, how do you think the Legion is going to handle the sudden influx of recruits once the all clear is given from the Coronavirus? Especially now with unemployment spiking.

Could that be a good thing or a bad thing?

I say it could possibly be good because perhaps it will be an opportunity to get some basic training classes going almost immediately, instead of having to wait until until they can fill one. I say it could be bad due to the obvious, that maybe they'll just turn guys away on the spot because there simply isn't enough space to handle the influx of recruits, not to mention the decreased chances of making it due to how many there are.

What do you guys think?

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
As one of my mates referred to the corona virus as...."Trimming the herd down".....most consider this virus man-made and to be honest that really wouldn't surprise me, strange that the fatalities seem to be the old and the ones with an ineffective immune system. Social media has been the main cause behind the panic with the British government not far behind them in causing wide spread panic in the UK, I am quite rural so we've been lucky here so far....although sometimes us country folk aren't the sharpest knife in the draw when it comes to listening to common sense...if your a country bumpkin don't take offense....just being honest as in....the "we're safe out here in these there hills" is crap as all the city folks are now heading to our hills!! My dad hasn't left the house in 2 wks and he won't be leaving anytime soon, he's 87 so is top of that Trimming the herd list!! Scary times are bearing down on us all. I went to the supermarket today for my dad and it was honestly like....running the gauntlet!!!! people ramming other people out of the way with their trollies to get to something that the other person was looking at!, one woman tried it on with me and so I just grabbed her trolley and shoved it straight back into her while doing the...don't even dare think about doing that again!! with my ☝ slowly moving back and forth, which she wasn't expecting, my point being, what if Id been an old person??? she might just think twice next time before she tries that malarkey again!!

This is like some blinking real life ps4 game!!!???

"Corona Virus....Can YOU Survive It..."

Some seem to think and act like its the survival of the fittest! What we should be doing is trying to remain calm and lookout for the ones who can't fend for themselves.

The way people are acting totally disgusts me.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
To answer Bags' question ; Corona Virus.....CAN YOU Survive it ?

YES with sensible precautions.

The disgusting behaviour of shoppers in supermarkets has appalled me.

Self 81 in May. I live thankfully in a rural area. My main worry is my beloved wife.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Oh well, I feel safe, living on a farm in a sparcely populated area on an island, off an island continent, but since this virus thing is mainly hunting for old folks like myself, I have taken my precautions of filling up my garage with a multitude of crates of beer and several bottles of wine, vodka, gin and whisky. So I’m hunkering down and letting my wife do the shopping in town, while I’m waiting this one out in safety with my dog. Can’t be too careful, now can we?5B2525E9-4BD0-44AD-A71B-A2BD118ACD5E.jpeg

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Don't take it personally. I didn't said that US don't do anything. I'm familiar with measure talking in your country.

Of course I don't have idea what actually situation on the ground is (that's why am asking you and others here). Formed my opinion by watching couple American shows with that subject and by watching statistic of newly infected in US. And that curve doesn't look good in last couple days. I think is actually fastest growing. Let's see in next week or two what happens and hope that my predictions are wrong.
Also knowing how American medical and economic system works. Then huge prison population. And when I'm listening those shows Im maintained that behaving like my country did before just 2 weeks. And now they drastically changed opinion.
It wouldn't be easy to limit freedom of movement to US sizes in any way. You still didn't banned domestic flights (and believe me you will). I don't know, let's see what happens and hope that my predictions that virus will spread rapidly through USA are wrong (if serious measures ain't taken on time)
Things on the coast will probably get really bad, but I'm safe high in the rockies with a home gym and few neighbors

OP
Surfguy

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Oh well, I feel safe, living on a farm in a sparcely populated area on an island, off an island continent, but since this virus thing is mainly hunting for old folks like myself, I have taken my precautions of filling up my garage with a multitude of crates of beer and several bottles of wine, vodka, gin and whisky. So I’m hunkering down and letting my wife do the shopping in town, while I’m waiting this one out in safety with my dog. Can’t be too careful, now can we?View attachment 6031
VB should inoculate you and the dog against anything :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Things on the coast will probably get really bad, but I'm safe high in the rockies with a home gym and few neighbors
Rural areas will probably go much better through this. But big cities, not only on coasts are in great danger.
I'm surprised how little people see where this is going for US. Watched Anderson Cooper on CNN last night. There was 2 guests ... I can't believe how nonchalant all of them looking on this situation. I would like to see them in 2 weeks.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
As one of my mates referred to the corona virus as...."Trimming the herd down".....most consider this virus man-made and to be honest that really wouldn't surprise me,
Most are wrong, we don't even have technology to do that. And even if it is man made there would be clear signs of that in virus genome.
It's not. It mutated from bats, though possibly one more animal, to human. Viruses do that all the time and sometimes they are really dangerous because is new and we don't have built immunity.

Social media has been the main cause behind the panic with the British government not far behind them in causing wide spread panic in the UK,
Bags. This IS time for panic. Some people have to get more serious about this. I mean not stupid unreasonable panic like stockpiling toilet paper and food, but get reasonable and take necessary measures to slow down this pandemic. If our countries and we allow to spread rapidly so our medical systems become overwhelmed, there would be many unnecessary deaths. .We see that in Italy, now Spain to and I'm afraid that would happen to US if they immediately don't take drastic measures.
Yes it would be manly old and sick , but they are still our loved one's. Younger people could also could die or recover with permanent lung damage.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm not sure who this dude is, but when I saw that he was trying to take the P$ss out of one of the greatest song (only a personal opinion) ever written, I thought no way José. but the guy is a really good singer.