a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid-19 and joining -Important update

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I think you are wrong about feeding part .Guys on submarines actually get best food compared to all other units of any army. It's part of keep them sane in those condition.
But yes... you are right they are probably isolated from shit we going through.

Dusaboss, it is a figure of speech, treated like a Mushroom implies keeping them, the crew, in the Dark, and feeding them, the Crew, false information on what's happening in the world. They need to be ready to turn those missile keys!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I saw a Doc on one of the " Secret service" Trafalgar Submarines, where they would read out the headlines of the newspapers each day (?) or night, it didn't really matter. They would also read any articles which the XO deemed necessary and have them printed out and posted in the mess hall. They would also give out the footy results, starting with his favorite team -I can't remember which.

But to get us back on track:

"I'm just going out for a loaf (of bread) I'll be right back."

IMG-20200401-WA0000.jpg

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Ha, you can have the best Chow in the world, these guys do, but when it comes to Top Side, they have no clue and truthfully, they do not need to know. Why do they need to know? All they need to know if NATO, sorry Dusa, says hey here's the strike package, spin them up and get'em in the air, especially if pointed at China!!
Typically American :). Instead of addressing the problem, consulting experts and taking necessary, strict, painful but effective measures to fight the coronavirus, what does America do first? They pour a bunch of money (2 trillions I think) and hope it would stop. Big surprise, that didn't work. What's next? Let's nuke the shit out of him (the virus)! Since it's a “Chinese virus”, we gonna nuke China and that would stop the spreading. I'm kidding here but no, I don't think that the US did enough to protect their citizens from this. Did China have anything to do in it? I don't know. It came from China, that's for sure but is it intentional? No, I believe it isn't, but there is good possibility that it leaked from a lab by mistake.
Bombing China wouldn't solve the problem back home, but if that would make you guys feel better... Go ahead. I'm not a big fan of China anyway :).

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Nobody said anything about bombing China, the article was about submarines and it was from the point of view of the French Commander of the submarines fleet. Second Point, China is responsible for what is happening in the world, they lied plain and simple. The world would beg to differ with you Dusaboss.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
(...) The world would beg to differ with you Dusaboss.
On what? I'm saying that China has responsibility for all this. If not else for not containing sh*it at start and suppressing the doctor who tried to warn authorities about rising problem. Later on they managed to cope with the virus with relatively small numbers of casualties and without closing the whole country, but the rest of the world got in trouble.

I don't know... Did they made this virus and intentionally let it out? Did it leak from a lab by mistake? Or is the official story true, that virus naturally moved from bats to humans? What you USMCRET and others think about this?
Me personally I don't believe that China made and let virus out with intention. Their whole economy relies on selling sh*t to the world and now they can't do that. Yes they are going around playing heroes, getting political points. Maybe selling some medical equipment, but that is nothing in comparison with what they’re losing. We all do. No country wanted for this to happen.

And after China we are to blame lil bit. World becomes too global village. We are all connected in one way or another. It was just time when something like this gonna happen.
Most of governments reacted to slow and too soft because that care about economy. Guess what? Now we gonna lose both economy and lives.

Also debt system especially expressed in US is not sustainable. I mean you start college and you are already in debt! Why did we allow for this to happen? After this storm is over i think whole that banking, loan shark system would fail.
and it should fail. It would be better for all of humanity. It would be hard at start but at least our children would get to live in some happier and healthier world.

Nobody said anything about bombing China, the article was about submarines and it was from the point of view of the French Commander of the submarines fleet. Second Point, China is responsible for what is happening in the world, they lied plain and simple. (...)
Bomb China anyway! :) Wtf, if subs are on the way is not economic to send them to consume fuel and get back for nothing. ;)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Just maybe y'all should read this, it is not a reach at all what so ever
That simply isn't true. Most of your (and rest of the world's) manufacture is in China. We just sell or asses for buck. I mean greedy companies and bankers did, politician by allowing them and we by buying cheap sh*t not caring where it is made in.
Maybe Trump tried to get back some of that factories back to USA, but I'm not seeing him succeeding with that. He have some powerful enemies and I don't think China is one.
Also USMCRET, is there one thing you disagree with Trump?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I think you are wrong about feeding part .Guys on submarines actually get best food compared to all other units of any army. It's part of keep them sane in those condition.
But yes... you are right they are probably isolated from shit we going through.
I was wondering why there was a conversation on the Kro19 thread about submarines (and learning French ;) ) until I came across this:

For those of you who don't open the attachments, here is an extract:
The commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt has been removed after saying the US Navy was not doing enough to halt a coronavirus outbreak on board the aircraft carrier.

In a letter, Capt Brett Crozier had urged his superiors to act to prevent US troops dying outside of wartime.

But acting US Navy Secretary Thomas Modly said the commander "exercised extremely poor judgement".

At least 100 people aboard the vessel have been infected, reports say.

It then goes on to quote the US Navy secretary by saying:
"On Thursday, Mr Modly told reporters that Capt Crozier was being fired for allegedly leaking the letter to the media."

I agree that there is a difference between a Sub and an aircraft carrier, but I just wanted to somehow harmonize the two into the thread. Now all I have to do is find a way of connecting learning French to the virus :unsure:.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
If anybody can find a way to link learning French to the virus, I'm sure that it would be appreciated ;) :) :ROFLMAO:

However, even more important is what about Camerone ! The legionnaires will celebrate it but what about about the families and civvies? And 1st July in Canada, the 4th in the US, and 14th Bastille Day?

Reaction score
Home Country
India
If any can find a way to link learning French to the virus, I'm sure that it would be appreciated ;) :):ROFLMAO:

However, even more important is what about Camerone ! The legionnaires will celebrate it but what about about the families and civvies? And 1st July Canada, the 4th US, and 14th Bastille Day?

hope this helps

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
If anybody can find a way to link learning French to the virus, I'm sure that it would be appreciated ;) :) :ROFLMAO:

However, even more important is what about Camerone ! The legionnaires will celebrate it but what about about the families and civvies? And 1st July in Canada, the 4th in the US, and 14th Bastille Day?

Bloody love it! Times like these it’s always good to have a good laugh!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Well for anyone who has followed the sketch on the shortage on the masks, or rather shortage of masks in France: how they were done over by the US on the Airport at China, how they had to hire the Russians to get a plane load of masks to help those on the front line. Never fear our Asian friends are going full throttle.

It really is worth opening the video.

Last edited:

kkillert0fu

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
****! The US just issued a temporary stoppage of issuing passports. No telling when that will open up again, especially considering a passport implies international travel. And quite possibly as a way to reduce that, even if containment measures become loosened, they could still restrict issuing passports.

Not only that, but with the way things seem to be going and many of our freedoms slowly being eradicated, it's also possible that they can make for stricter requirements and guidelines to get one. And I don't mean legal or medical type stuff. I mean movement tracking and electronic surveillance type agreements in order to get one. Required vaccine in order to get one. That type of thing. I'm no anti-vaxxer by any means, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be skeptical of a sudden requirement for citizens everywhere to get this vaccine in order to qualify for certain rights and privileges.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Anyone know why number of new cases and deaths so drastically jumped in France?
Most European countries look like hit pick already.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'd say it's because they are now testing more people. I don't know as I haven't even bothered looking at the news yet. That is usually the first thing I do in the morning.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I'd say it's because they are now testing more people. I don't know as I haven't even bothered looking at the news yet. That is usually the first thing I do in the morning.
From yesterday they started to count deaths from elderly nursing homes.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
From yesterday they started to count deaths from elderly nursing homes.
Yes I saw that. I mean why not do this right from the beginning? I did have see that a Sudanese (migrant?) stabbed a couple of people in a tobacconists before going next door to the butchers (where else) to attack a couple more people. When they went to arrest him he was kneeling in the street praying in Arabic.
The rest of the news is about the virus.
Here in Thailand they are talking about total Lock down.
IMG-20200404-WA0001.jpg

Prachuap Khiri Khan, is the province in which we live. There is no-way they would give a fine like that to a Thai... but for a Farang! Jackpot, and of course there would be no point in asking for a receipt.
We only know about this because I Friend of Erika's who used to live here found it on facebook. And then the person who deals with our visas called her.

What I find hard to understand is how do they expect Thais to survive? As previously stated, there is no dole. Those who work are paid an average 300 bahts a day If they cannot be bothered to go into work, then they are not paid, simple. So if they go into lockdown, then all the street peddlers are going to be in big sh$t. For the moment they are making money with their small push along or motorbike side car selling sausages and pieces of chicken, because all the restaurants are closed.
Even the taxis and tuk tuks who survive by putting on exorbitant prices (bien fait pour leur gueules) will be find it hard. This morning I had someone pull up behind me, while I was out walking, roll down his window and asked me if I wanted a taxi. Which just highlights how bad things are if people are trying to solicit farangs on their morning exercise. the guy was clearly not a taxi.