a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid-19 and joining -Important update

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
EU has floated the idea of a travel ban for people coming from the US, due to the Covid-19 situation there and what is considered a lack of proper counter-measures to control the pandemic. Beyond the usual precautions in this type of situation this could also be considered as a kind of a tit-for-tat after Pdt Trump surprisingly decided to close the US borders for European travelers back in March. So US wannabes, beware and double check before going.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Where from ex YU?
Dusa, if you want I could pass on your email to him and that way you can give him any info he may need. I mean you know as much about the joining process as anyone on here.
It will be up to him to contact you of course.
I only go on the fake account twice a day, I haven't been on it yet (after the gym), because it takes too long !

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dusa, if you want I could pass on your email to him and that way you can give him any info he may need. I mean you know as much about the joining process as anyone on here.
It will be up to him to contact you of course.
I only go on the fake account twice a day, I haven't been on it yet (after the gym), because it takes too long !
That is OK Joe. Send me his email or mine to him. I mean, if he want to accept my advice...

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'll send your's to him so that I can keep my word about not posting anyone's email.
It'll make things a lot easier if when the Boss gets the forum sorted.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
OK Dusa,

I've sent to to him (twice). I put the two of you on BCC, so you should get a copy.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
OK Dusa, he asked me to send him the name of the hotel in Aubagne, which I will do later as you can guess. I'll give him directions to get there and check the prices (it's all included under the services charges ;))

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
OK Dusa, he asked me to send him the name of the hotel in Aubagne, which I will do later as you can guess. I'll give him directions to get there and check the prices (it's all included under the services charges ;))
Great. One little problem. He would join in Paris (that's what he said) :).

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Great. One little problem. He would join in Paris (that's what he said) :)
True, his follow up mail to the "day Jumper"- Ye gods, I just thought of that ! Although I have done night jumps in Borgo, I have never done one in combat. Nor during daylight for that matter. - says that he's going to first Brussels and then F de N.
You should advise him to try Lille, it's closer.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
daylight for that matter. - says that he's going to first Brussels and then F de N.
He already bought ticket. Anyway, not big deal where will he join it's more of problem would be he able. Currently traveling from my country (Serbia) and his (Montenegro) is not allowed. I read news that from 1. july travel ban to EU would be lifted for some non member states (Serbia and Montenegro among them). Having in mind that number of new cases is rising ... I would not be fast on buying plane ticket.

V also asking if someone know how long you need to wait for FFL to answer your PDF form in case you send it from France? He send from home, waited for 2 weeks and they told him that he need to be in France and then to send form. Which is logical if you are coming from country for which travel ban is not lifted yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
V also asking if someone know how long you need to wait for FFL to answer your PDF form in case you send it from France? He send from home, waited for 2 weeks and they told him that he need to be in France and then to send form. Which is logical if you are coming from country for which travel ban is not lifted yet.
To be quite honest Dusa, no-one knows yet, until we get some feed back from someone. And the chances are that those who are going won't be able to contact us, as they have probably only taken an interest in the forum recently. And next month will make it ONE YEAR that anyone has been able to join the forum.
I mean, when someone does get to France, hopefully the Aubagne bureau boys* will realize that they are forking out money while they decide to get their act together. Then If a 'member' does get his call ( or rather email) telling him that he can come the next day, he could then let us know how long it has taken.

* let's face it, if you are working in an office in Aubagne, you are not the most efficient of legionnaires.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
To be quite honest Dusa, no-one knows yet, until we get some feed back from someone. And the chances are that those who are going won't be able to contact us, as they have probably only taken an interest in the forum recently. And next month will make it ONE YEAR that anyone has been able to join the forum.
I mean, when someone does get to France, hopefully the Aubagne bureau boys* will realize that they are forking out money while they decide to get their act together. Then If a 'member' does get his call ( or rather email) telling him that he can come the next day, he could then let us know how long it has taken.

* let's face it, if you are working in an office in Aubagne, you are not the most efficient of legionnaires.
ONE f*cking YEAR that anyone has been able to join the forum!?! How is that possible? Anyone had contact with Boss in meantime? Can Rapace do something about it?If he can't I and Boss are not responding, I wonder if anyone else can. BTW is everything OK with Boss?
Don't know if that is policy of forum (I doubt it is, but who knows)

I knew that problem exists, but I didn't realised that is going for so long.. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

It says that the gentleman in question is 114 according to his family.
When I was working with US Embassy in Bamako, I would have to work on their documents. Their birth certificates would say "born on or around". I think that this is the case of our 114 year old (the 'around' bit;))

Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
Guys what's going on, am in France already, I drove with a friend of mine via Germany by car, now I am in Bordeaux, I sent my form again and still no answer after 3 days,,I got a French sim Card also and I used my friend home address, still nor reply, does any body have any idea how long it now takes to get a reply?? Or can I just go to the center in Bordeaux?? Without an appointment?