a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid-19 and joining -Important update

Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
Go to the recruitment center and ask, be prepared in case they take you in on the spot.
Honestly, I have no idea what's shaking
I will try to call the recruitment center in Bordeaux to see if I can get an appointment on phone, then I can go.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
No. Go tomorrow and and explain that you have already written to them three days ago, copy of email for proof. If you do get a chance to let us know how you get on, all well and good, if not all the best.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Guys what's going on, am in France already, I drove with a friend of mine via Germany by car, now I am in Bordeaux, I sent my form again and still no answer after 3 days,,I got a French sim Card also and I used my friend home address, still nor reply, does any body have any idea how long it now takes to get a reply?? Or can I just go to the center in Bordeaux?? Without an appointment?
You can try to go and see what going on, but they would probably not let you in. As i already said Venom waited weeks for answer. I don't think that fact that he was not in France influenced waiting time
Good luck!

Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
You can try to go and see what going on, but they would probably not let you in. As i already said Venom waited weeks for answer. I don't think that fact that he was not in France influenced waiting time
Good luck!
Week's?? Wow so I will be paying for hotel for Weeks?? ,I will call and if no answer I will go there,

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Nîmes and its department (the Gard), home of 2 R.E.I. and 1 R. E. G., has been moved to Red in the Colour code of dangerousity (green, yellow and red)
We might be reconfined if things get worse.

Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
Go to the recruitment center and ask, be prepared in case they take you in on the spot.
Honestly, I have no idea what's shaking
I just got a reply email from the legion just now. Bonjour

Nous avons bien reçu votre formulaire de pré-inscription vous serez contacté par téléphone très rapidement par nos recruteurs. Il est inutile de renouveler votre demande.

Cordialement

Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
Email from the Legion after 3 days of waiting:

Bonjour,
Nous avons bien reçu votre formulaire de pré-inscription. Vous serez contacté par téléphone très rapidement par nos recruteurs. Il est inutile de renouveler votre demande.
Cordialement.

I will let you guys know immediately when I receive the call.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Week's?? Wow so I will be paying for hotel for Weeks?? ,I will call and if no answer I will go there,
Sorry, my mistake. It's not two weeks what Venom said to me it was 2 days! I red it wrongly. :)

Good that you got answer so keep us inform about your situation as long as you can and good luck.

Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
Sorry, my mistake. It's not two weeks what Venom said to me it was 2 days! I red it wrongly. :)

Good that you got answer so keep us inform about your situation as long as you can and good luck.
Thanks

Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
One of the recruiters called this evening, and he gave me appointment for 10th of July in Aubagne. I was shocked because I am in Bordeaux, he asks me to go to Aubagne that he just sent my name there. Another journey again from Bordeaux to Marseille, I hope I will have strength left after this journey by train.

I spoke with a friend of mine who got rejected because his girlfriend is pregnant. He told me that a lot of guys are failing the IQ test, he said the first test is written test of 9 questions and you have 15 minutes to answer it, then if you pass, you go in and if you fail you go back home. If you are in, you make pull ups, then they take you to do another IQ test which is more difficult. This one is in 3 stages, each stage has 24 questions and you have to answer it in 25 minutes, that means 24 question for 25 minutes. After the 3 stages of 72 questions, if you pass you go forward, if you fail you are sent home. Then he says more guys are failing the medical test, and psychology test. If you have kids, you will be rejected, if you have a wife without kids, you will be rejected. He was never married and had 3 kids from 3 different European ladies, he got rejected, so guys composed yourself very well before going.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
(...) I spoke with a friend of mine who got rejected because his girlfriend is pregnant. He told me that a lot of guys are failing the IQ test, he said the first test is written test of 9 questions and you have 15 minutes to answer it, then if you pass, you go in and if you fail you go back home. If you are in, you make pull ups, then they take you to do another IQ test which is more difficult. This one is in 3 stages, each stage has 24 questions and you have to answer it in 25 minutes, that means 24 question for 25 minutes. After the 3 stages of 72 questions, if you pass you go forward, if you fail you are sent home. Then he says more guys are failing the medical test, and psychology test. If you have kids, you will be rejected, if you have a wife without kids, you will be rejected. He was never married and had 3 kids from 3 different European ladies, he got rejected, so guys composed yourself very well before going.
Thanks for sharing and bonne chance in your journey. Did your friend say why some people failed medical? Just curious.

Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
Thanks for sharing and bonne chance in your journey. Did your friend say why some people failed medical? Just curious.
He said one failed the urine test and others had old injuries for which they were sent back to get a doctor's report them.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
(...) I spoke with a friend of mine who got rejected because his girlfriend is pregnant. He told me that a lot of guys are failing the IQ test, he said the first test is written test of 9 questions and you have 15 minutes to answer it, then if you pass, you go in and if you fail you go back home. If you are in, you make pull ups, then they take you to do another IQ test which is more difficult. This one is in 3 stages, each stage has 24 questions and you have to answer it in 25 minutes, that means 24 question for 25 minutes. After the 3 stages of 72 questions, if you pass you go forward, if you fail you are sent home. Then he says more guys are failing the medical test, and psychology test. If you have kids, you will be rejected, if you have a wife without kids, you will be rejected. He was never married and had 3 kids from 3 different European ladies, he got rejected, so guys composed yourself very well before going.
That first IQ test is just some really, really basic and it's here just for them to see who is idiot not worthy of wasting their time and who can get a chance. I'm not saying that all guys who failed the first test are “idiots”. Maybe some of them just got too nervous... Which again means that they shouldn't be soldiers.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Urine test failed = dope of some kind found...
F*ck it ! I have to break my ignore of you. Because a little bit like you, even I truly hate you. :)

"Dope of some kind" What do you mean with that? I'm not really familiar with Scottish slang. Does that mean 3 different illegal substance in your body OK? Or do I need to have less (maybe more ;))? I just don't get it... Do I have to increase or reduce my drugs intake in order to join? Maybe some more experienced legionnaires can help me with this? What should I do? Should I stay or should I go?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
(...) others had old injuries for which they were sent back to get a doctor's report them.
First of all thanks for sharing this info with us, Zeroni. It's a bummer that you have to wait around for over a week more. I quoted what your friend said about people being sent away to get a doctor's report. That is a subject that has been widely covered on the forum. Basically if you have an old scar of any kind then ask your doctor to give you a note and take any x-rays with you. Believe me it will cost you a lot less to have the x-ray done in your own country than going away, making an appointment and coming back in France.

As for the urine test, it can be for a number of different reasons, so for those of you are taking daily amounts of "flour" cut back on it drastically, because an excess of protein in your urine can make the difference between doing 5 years in the Legion or just one day. You may also have a urinary tract infection.

1593661328579.png

There is no point in me telling you how much these cost, because in Thailand they will not be the same price as in your own country. Easy to use, you just get a clean glass recipient and take a pee. After the first second you then pee in the jar. You put in the strip for two (2) seconds and then wait for 60 seconds.

You can then go on google and ask what it means if you have, say, too much PH. A word of caution here, don't panic. Go to see a doctor or even a pharmacy and a couple of pills later, you should be right as rain.

One of the recruiters called this evening, and he gave me appointment for 10th of July in Aubagne. I was shocked because I am in Bordeaux, he asks me to go to Aubagne that he just sent my name there. Another journey again from Bordeaux to Marseille, I hope I will have strength left after this journey by train.
With hindsight, maybe you should have gone to the recruiting place in Bordeaux and found out what they have to say. Anyway, it's done now. When you get to Marseille you will have a train which is 15 mins and two stops away. The first stop is Marseille Blancard, the second being Aubagne.

"The average journey time by train between Marseille and Aubagne is 12 minutes, with around 50 trains per day. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays, so use our Journey Planner on this page to search for a specific travel date. (Journey Marseilles to Aubagne, 2020)"

This did not work out the same as it does on a Word sheet. It was supposed to be justified as a rectangle with a square around it with the (Journey to Marseilles ...etc) giving all the details of where I got the info from. It works in word anyway, which is what I'm supposed to be studying now.:(;)

So as well as having to brush up on your IQ, for those who are planning to join, you may think about taking along a tent, because 10 days in a hotel waiting for the Aubagne “bureaux boys” to give you an appointment is going to be costly. That or quite simply postpone you date of joining. I'm not saying that the Covid-19 is the fault of the desk jockeys in Aubagne, but they don't care how much money you have to fork out. They are already in, and sitting nice and comfy behind their desks.