Creepy bats flying over the screen

himalayan

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Nepal
What's up with this new Interface of the forum? I see small bats flying over the screen of my laptop. And there's a hat atop my U-name. I hope it's just temporary

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
It's for halloween. The same as there were US flags flying around on the 4th of July.
He could have put witches on broomsticks flying around too. But then again why do witches ride broomsticks:

Because vacuum wire cords aren’t long enough!

Because vacuums suck!

Because vacuums are too heavy!

Because riding on mops would be silly!

It just goes to show you that the server is in the US and is automated.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Witches riding on brooms... they made magic potions, mainly from magic mushrooms, (L.S.D. effect... often gives the impression that one can fly and it can be horny too. They would Frigg them selves off with the potion smeared on the broom stick

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Witches riding on brooms... they made magic potions, mainly from magic mushrooms, (L.S.D. effect... often gives the impression that one can fly and it can be horny too. They would Frigg them selves off with the potion smeared on the broom stick
You're correct LPC, I just wanted to spare our younger viewers the shock.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Did you know that Duke (del Toro) don't exist at all. It's just alter ego of Johnny Depp's character or Hunter Thompson if you wish. Only realized that after reading the book.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
What's up with this new Interface of the forum? I see small bats flying over the screen of my laptop. And there's a hat atop my U-name. I hope it's just temporary
Man that bats are distracting. When I logged yesterday at first I thought that flies or some bugs flying over my screen. Than I saw Joe's picture with witch hat on him and I thought he changed his avatar. :). It took me good minut to realize whats going on. :)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
When I was little my dad gave me a bat for my birthday
First time I played with it, it flew away

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Armenia
Did you know that Duke (del Toro) don't exist at all. It's just alter ego of Johnny Depp's character or Hunter Thompson if you wish. Only realized that after reading the book.
mind blowing. I didn't know there is a book. i saw the movie about 20 times bu never notice that

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
mind blowing. I didn't know there is a book. i saw the movie about 20 times bu never notice that
Sorry looks like I was mistaken. Duke is actually based on Thompson and the other character, a lawyer is based on Oscar Zeta Acosta, friend of him and their trip to LV.
Anyway I'm sure that Thomson put many of his characteristics in character of Dr. Gonzo. (a lawyer)
You never know with him what is real what is not but most of drugs were real, that's sure. :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Anyone know what those leaves are supposed to represent? I realize that it's for Thanksgiving. The pilgrim's hat I can understand.
I suppose it's better than having turkey's floating around;)

Crawdad

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
LPC has the right of it.

Thanksgiving is our (USA) most important Fall/Autumn holiday. It is essentially our Harvest festival; the one we most associate with this season. Spring is Easter, Summer's 4th of July/Independance Day, and Winter is Christmas. Those are your big 4.

They kind of fecked up the leaves, though. Leaves change color, and then fall. Green leaves falling looks odd; that's not autumn, that's Hurricane season. The leaves should have been orange.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
LPC has the right of it.

Thanksgiving is our (USA) most important Fall/Autumn holiday. It is essentially our Harvest festival; the one we most associate with this season. Spring is Easter, Summer's 4th of July/Independance Day, and Winter is Christmas. Those are your big 4.

They kind of fecked up the leaves, though. Leaves change color, and then fall. Green leaves falling looks odd; that's not autumn, that's Hurricane season. The leaves should have been orange.
Are you stuffing your turkey? :)

Crawdad

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Are you stuffing your turkey? :)
My maternal Aunt made the stuffing; her daughter roasted the turkey with rosemary and thyme. Those women can cook. Dad deep fried a turkey with Cajun seasoning; Stepmom made both seafood and chicken & sausage Gumbo, Mother roasted ham. We also had green beans (haricots), mac and cheese, candied yams, home made bread, Maque Choux (google it), cranberry sauce, 4kinds of pie (apple, pecan, sweet potato, pumpkin), and I don't know what all else. ...

If you ever visit the States, you should time your visit around Thanksgiving. It's fecking ridiculous.

Most viewed threads of the week