a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Criminal Record not Allowed

Buckeye24

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
When I was in Aubagne I heard from actual Legionnaires that the French Foreign Legion will not be accepting people with criminal records due to a new agreement with NATO. If this is true I highly recommend anyone who wants to join and does not have a clean record to join before the end of the year. This could be false though. Can anyone confirm? And NO! This is not an April Fools joke.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
When I was in Aubagne I heard from actual Legionnaires that the French Foreign Legion will not be accepting people with criminal records due to a new agreement with NATO. If this is true I highly recommend anyone who wants to join and does not have a clean record to join before the end of the year. This could be false though. Can anyone confirm? And NO! This is not an April Fools joke.

The Legion is not accepting people who committed serious crimes : murder, drugs, etc. But the legion clearly syas it will accept people who committed minor crimes : stealing a car and serve prison time for that, or even hit nastily a "vilain" in a dark street, but without killing him

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
They will accept turds like me with minor, isolated offenses, but serious criminals get the boot.