a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Criminal record

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yes, in the Marine Corps we have artillery, tanks, fixed and rotary wing air craft (still fly Harriers), engineers, infantry, MARSOC, ....... far to much to list.

A Wanderer is right, first after 13-weeks of Boot Camp ALL MARINES, Male and Female, unless you will actually be infantry, go to Marine Combat Training at the School of Infantry. Every Marine is a Rifleman first and foremost, one shot one kill.
USMCRET, are you familiar with Dave Burke? A Marine pilot who was in Top gun and actually ran Top gun training in f35 squadron. Not only that, he was a foward air controller on the ground in Iraq, a funny admittance of his, he did fire his gun hardly at admittance even before he went to Iraq, he was a pilot...this guy's story is remarkable. The odds of him even getting selected to be a Marine pilot were not with him, but it was his goal and he was one of two out of the officer's in his group to be selected...kinda has some parallels to those going do selection for the LEGION...this podcast I share is great.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
USMCRET, are you familiar with Dave Burke? A Marine pilot who was in Top gun and actually ran Top gun training in f35 squadron. Not only that, he was a foward air controller on the ground in Iraq, a funny admittance of his, he did fire his gun hardly at admittance even before he went to Iraq, he was a pilot...this guy's story is remarkable. The odds of him even getting selected to be a Marine pilot were not with him, but it was his goal and he was one of two out of the officer's in his group to be selected...kinda has some parallels to those going do selection for the LEGION...this podcast I share is great.
Jocko Is really tough guy. I mean look at him :).Usually one should not judge others toughness on basis of his look, but in case of Jocko you'll be not mistake.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Jocko Is really tough guy. I mean look at him :).Usually one should not judge others toughness on basis of his look, but in case of Jocko you'll be not mistake.
Yeah for sure! You can just assume the truth with him. Legit blackbelt, commando, and overall leader. In his forties and still getting after it hard...good person to learn from, every single podcast episode of his is good. His books "extreme ownership" and "dichotomy of leadership" are absolutely necessary.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Yeah for sure! You can just assume the truth with him. Legit blackbelt, commando, and overall leader. In his forties and still getting after it hard...good person to learn from, every single podcast episode of his is good. His books "extreme ownership" and "dichotomy of leadership" are absolutely necessary.
I watched couple of his podcasts (bit too lengthy for me and I'm not interested in all of that). I also watched him on Joe Rogan podcast, maybe that is better option for one to hear about Jocko's life. (I think I share that here somewhere)

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I have Jocko's short story "Good" on my desk. That helped me develop the mindset I have today.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Living out of a kit bag is a way of life
(only insecure fools want domestic responsabiltys)
Third guy up in the pool.
4th fittest out of 92 guys worldwide for TACP/JTAC. Switched to combat Control. I leave for BMT in 9 days.

Know who is down for you.
Know who is not for you

This is my new family.
The Air Force is a new start.
The shock is still setting in.
Only 9 days left. I made it.
So many folks tried to do everything they could to block this opportunity.
And the funny thing, it was the people who adopted me, and everyone that knew me, the ones closest.
One day I'll share my story, but it just doesn't feel like the right time yet.
Some say "You're the Goggins of this washed up town" or "How did you manage to get here without offing yourself or turning to substance abuse?" I believe I made a promise to myself as a young child to do everything within power to get out of my old life. It was escaping polygamy but in an Evangelical setting.
If you want something, if something is not right, you'll dig deeper than you thought if it means survival.
Go get your freedom. Reach out to others for wisdom and support. Don't stay down in the hole. Fight for your life. Never give in. Never give the enemy an inch. Because they will always take more than they give back.
Never F***ing Quit!IMG_20191021_101609_198.jpgIMG_20191027_075730_270.jpgIMG_20191027_071923_975.jpgIMG_20190923_231940_384.jpg

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi 254, can you explain briefly what your post is about. I don't get the 4th world wide for the USAF special forces bit. Worldwide, does that mean that someone from South Africa (who beat the Welsh at rugby) can apply?
I'm a little confused here.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Third guy up in the pool.
4th fittest out of 92 guys worldwide for TACP/JTAC. Switched to combat Control. I leave for BMT in 9 days.

Know who is down for you.
Know who is not for you

This is my new family.
The Air Force is a new start.
The shock is still setting in.
Only 9 days left. I made it.
So many folks tried to do everything they could to block this opportunity.
And the funny thing, it was the people who adopted me, and everyone that knew me, the ones closest.
One day I'll share my story, but it just doesn't feel like the right time yet.
Some say "You're the Goggins of this washed up town" or "How did you manage to get here without offing yourself or turning to substance abuse?" I believe I made a promise to myself as a young child to do everything within power to get out of my old life. It was escaping polygamy but in an Evangelical setting.
If you want something, if something is not right, you'll dig deeper than you thought if it means survival.
Go get your freedom. Reach out to others for wisdom and support. Don't stay down in the hole. Fight for your life. Never give in. Never give the enemy an inch. Because they will always take more than they give back.
Never F***ing Quit!View attachment 5492View attachment 5491View attachment 5494View attachment 5493
Have you been drinking?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi 254, can you explain briefly what your post is about. I don't get the 4th world wide for the USAF special forces bit. Worldwide, does that mean that someone from South Africa (who beat the Welsh at rugby) can apply?
We are in a development group leaving for basic military training in 5 days. Out of all the candidates leaving in my job I'm slotted for, I'm 4th. The Air Force receuits from the UK, Puerto Rico, Ireland and a few other places besides the state's. Let Petite had said for me to update on my progress. If you look back in the thread you will see my story.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
We are ranked according to our fitness worldwide on an official Air Force development website. We are all sworn in candidates waiting to ship to basic. you have tacp pararescue combat control and special recon. All of which are on their way to be shipped to basic military training. According to our fitness scores we are ranked worldwide against other candidates to see where we fall. about a year ago I was homeless living in a tent and I gave you guys my story about how I was raised in an Evangelical cult and abused horribly this is my progress a year later. I was very interested in joining the legion because I wasn't able to join the military here but things have changed. I post all this to give guys inspiration and hope regardless of what service they join I've gotten a few private messages from guys seeking motivation and inspired by my story and I see to update and give more hope to hopefuls.

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
We are ranked according to our fitness worldwide on an official Air Force development website. We are all sworn in candidates waiting to ship to basic. you have tacp pararescue combat control and special recon. All of which are on their way to be shipped to basic military training. According to our fitness scores we are ranked worldwide against other candidates to see where we fall. about a year ago I was homeless living in a tent and I gave you guys my story about how I was raised in an Evangelical cult and abused horribly this is my progress a year later. I was very interested in joining the legion because I wasn't able to join the military here but things have changed. I post all this to give guys inspiration and hope regardless of what service they join I've gotten a few private messages from guys seeking motivation and inspired by my story and I see to update and give more hope to hopefuls.

Bonne chance , don’t wash out. I know plenty of studs that washed out of pj indoc. Air Force basic is a cake walk lol enjoy your hotels and great WiFi connection in basic training rofl

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Bonne chance , don’t wash out. I know plenty of studs that washed out of pj indoc. Air Force basic is a cake walk lol enjoy your hotels and great WiFi connection in basic training rofl
Bonne Chance, washout.

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

The USAF specops group he’s joining is an elite mail delivery service that enlists the best mail men worldwide. Apparently he’s the 4th fittest mailman candidate world wide hahahahaha I could be wrong and he might be joining another elite group of the us air force called special air stewards. They specialize in fluffing your pillow on flights and delivering you nice drinks. ;)

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
That's great news for you man and it is inspirational, so thanks for updating us. Please update us again upon your completion. So you're going tacp? That's awesome man!

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
That's great news for you man and it is inspirational, so thanks for updating us. Please update us again upon your completion. So you're going tacp? That's awesome man!
They've changed my contract to Combat Controller. Will update. Thanks bro!

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Dude that's great news fir you I'm glad you're on the path!
From checking out the training for that, it looks tough physically and cerebrally. You can do it man!

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Dude that's great news fir you I'm glad you're on the path!

From checking out the training for that, it looks tough physically and cerebrally. You can do it man!
The training is no joke. Just to get in the door your mile time should be around 6:30 pace. Thanks man. I hope this motivates others who may not have the best life or record. Anything is possible if you never quit. @Le petit caporal thank you also for all the wisdom.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I reckon the Legion would do you some good, if not, a lot
Just keep your nose clean and respect others space. ..and who ever they are and what ever they might have done to you
The Legion gives you the chance to forget your past...and you can use / need it, imo

I have known a black afro americain in the Legion (ex marine, fit as shit, always training, non smoker, non drinker )
I've been in the US air force for 3 years almost now. In getting out soon. Went through some good training and medical school for Aerospace Medicine. Still wanting scratch that itch to join the legion now that things have gotten better from my last post. No longer a juvenile, Le Petit.